2014 Auckland 9's Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Come on parra! If they flog broncos the donkeys are out and we can still make it. We missed so many opportunities for points in that game. O'Hanlon, mbye, graham &
burr were our best in that order
no we are out no matter what

doggies 4 life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
just curious if parra beat broncos by a decent margin can the dogs make the next stage or are they gone

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I was surprised with how tall patty is. Always thought he was a bit skinnier but looks solid. Will be hard to chose between him and Reni if there is a bench spot up for grabs. I know Reni is the hardest trainer in the nrl but seem like o'hanlon is a decent back up for Jackson or funicane if either goes down.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Looked like we rocked up to the tourney without even talking about it and last night they thought we better put a lil effort in today to keep people happy aha

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Come on parra! If they flog broncos the donkeys are out and we can still make it. We missed so many opportunities for points in that game. O'Hanlon, mbye, graham &
burr were our best in that order
I'd rather we go home asap and prepare for season after giving some game time to players who might of needed it.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i hope brisbane win and progress to the final so there is maximum opportunity for someone to put a hit on barba

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What was our differential? -33?

I think if broncos get flogged roosters would go thought because they would be -12 and we would still be -21. Goal kicking lost us the chance in the end. Also poor performances in the first two games.

But still happy to beat the roosters :p haha. Something that hasn't happened for over 12 months :p

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I was surprised with how tall patty is. Always thought he was a bit skinnier but looks solid. Will be hard to chose between him and Reni if there is a bench spot up for grabs. I know Reni is the hardest trainer in the nrl but seem like o'hanlon is a decent back up for Jackson or funicane if either goes down.
Chuck Burr, Klemmer, Mbye and Templeman in for that bench spot aswell. They will get their chances during the Origin, Test matches and City-Country period.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Man Alex Glenn is fresh as, great to hear haha!

jo7resh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That number 12 for the warriors has some skill he will be dangerous if he plays first grade this year

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That number 12 for the warriors has some skill he will be dangerous if he plays first grade this year
Alot of the Warriors do, they will have a good backline this year and if their forwards can hold up against the top teams then they will be a good threat.

jo7resh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alot of the Warriors do, they will have a good backline this year and if their forwards can hold up against the top teams then they will be a good threat.
I love how their forwards run just hard and straight some of our forwards need to learn how to do that

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah too right, they have to be a real title contender this year, if they are not already short odds they should be expected to be the dark horse in this years comp, I am tempted to have a punt on them.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
They will easily make the 8.. Johnson and tomkins will have a lethal combo.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Great try by Johnson!

As long as the Warriors of old don't come back and they play for the full 80 minutes they should be in the finals this year.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
They will easily make the 8.. Johnson and tomkins will have a lethal combo.
I said that to my mate yesterday whilst watching them play, I really agree, Johnson and Tompkins if their 9 form can be replicated in nrl they will be the best half fullback combo in the nrl in my opinion,

G

Grub

Positive points from the nine imo

1- mybe, s standout in attack for me, he will give us another attacking option, he will be in the starting side at some stage this year, and when he is there he will be a permanent player for years to come.
big question is where do we play him, at 5/8 or hooker. Next weeks trial game will be very interesting.

2- burr was also a standout, where most of our forwards are straight up and down, he has size and pace, and he can also create opportunities.

3- ohanlon - showed some promising form in the last game, another back rower who has some size and pace.

Not so positive points --
4- trex, nothing has changed, this format should have suited him, but again he was too flat and slow.

5- our back line, probably the slowest in the comp it seems, and is a real worry. Reynolds and Morris will make a big difference, but we need to inject some speed and flair from somewhere. Maybe we need both Templeman and mybe in the back line?

thats my summary, look forward to the interesting comments lol

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Positive points from the nine imo

1- mybe, s standout in attack for me, he will give us another attacking option, he will be in the starting side at some stage this year, and when he is there he will be a permanent player for years to come.
big question is where do we play him, at 5/8 or hooker. Next weeks trial game will be very interesting.

2- burr was also a standout, where most of our forwards are straight up and down, he has size and pace, and he can also create opportunities.

3- ohanlon - showed some promising form in the last game, another back rower who has some size and pace.

Not so positive points --
4- trex, nothing has changed, this format should have suited him, but again he was too flat and slow.

5- our back line, probably the slowest in the comp it seems, and is a real worry. Reynolds and Morris will make a big difference, but we need to inject some speed and flair from somewhere. Maybe we need both Templeman and mybe in the back line?

thats my summary, look forward to the interesting comments lol
Can Mybe play lock? He could play a similar role to what the great Jim Dymock did when he was a Doggy!

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The thing with the warriors is they have had amazing success at under 20s level for 3-4 years now. And it's seems those players are finally maturing. So as long as they keep their team together and they can control the ball they will knock off any team. A factor is their coach too.... Not too sure they have the man to lead the teams structure and play. If cleary was still there I would have been more confident in a warriors premiership in the next 3-4 years. Not too sure with that current muppet.

Anyone can buy a premiership (roosters) which brings short term success but to build a dynasty you need to have success at junior level (matts, sg ball, u20 and to a lesser extent nsw cup) and you need to keep that team together. I think hasler is investing strongly in juniors that will be ready in a few seasons (mbye, templeman, graham, Thompson) players that will flourish under haslers structures and training regime.

Biggest concern is getting trex to run onto the ball. But then again we can't see where his head is at in 2014 until the nrl starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.