2014 Auckland 9's Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Mr I, I know you've had some good things to say about Thompson, what's your thoughts after today?
He obviously didn't get a lot of room and/or quality ball that's for sure and obviously hard to judge on 9's but he looks a long, long way off first grade for mine.
Hard to gauge. Disappointing but plays better in fixed position of fullback and with space. Without quality ball our backs choked today.

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
first of all i think theres more benefit in coming and taking a personal look at all 16 teams and their players, use it as some sort of massive scouting trip if he wants

but its rude to pick a 3rd rate team and dump it on dymock, i remember the quote earlier about how dymock is going to get valuable experience from this, the only experience he will get is how to lose hopelessly
We don't know if dymock had a hand in picking the team or not

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
While the 9s is no indication of how we will play this season....the scary thing is the players who were shit last year don't look like they have improved at all.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Theres a big difference between winning the fcukin thing and taking it serious to atleast being competitive. I never envisaged wed win the thing but atleast be bloody competitive. Ennis is suppose to provide direction and shape wit no half in the squad. Its official we are the joke of the 9s.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
We don't know if dymock had a hand in picking the team or not
whoever picked the team it is clear that the decision was made to spare most of the big guns, i doubt dymock made that decision

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Des knew wed be pathetic so he stayed in australia. Smartest decision made all day by a bulldog rep

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Theres a big difference between winning the fcukin thing and taking it serious to atleast being competitive. I never envisaged wed win the thing but atleast be bloody competitive. Ennis is suppose to provide direction and shape wit no half in the squad. Its official we are the joke of the 9s.
And this is what worries me. The hooker is the spine of any team. We suffered last year from flat passing and one man out passes, and today was exactly the same.

If Ennis is our main hooker he needs to improve drastically in next few weeks, because if he serves up those performances in first grade, nobody is going to go forwards.

jo7resh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The right team was never picked it is beyond me why we picked two of our slowest players in ennis and Williams in the tenamlet alone starting

From that performance from tony Williams I see nothing has changed but I hope I am proven wrong

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
btw mr invisble when you talk about ennis throwing flat passes why do you talk as if thats a negative, dont you want the dummy half making those sort of passes at the advantage line?

_BT_

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate the idea of a 9s, I hated it when it was 7s in the 90s, it's nothing more than a gimmick. I'm glad we only have a game left then it's done with. Can get back to preparing for what really matters.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Canberra held to ZERO!!

Rodzilla - because you need depth so our players can hit the line at speed, not flat and with no momentum.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
first of all i think theres more benefit in coming and taking a personal look at all 16 teams and their players, use it as some sort of massive scouting trip if he wants

but its rude to pick a 3rd rate team and dump it on dymock, i remember the quote earlier about how dymock is going to get valuable experience from this, the only experience he will get is how to lose hopelessly
Upto you if you see it like that. I just see this comp as a way for some people to make a quick buck. Why scout a 9s comp? Better off scouting at other trials. The structure between 9s and nrl is too different, this is no indication in how the season will go.

Everyone is just pissed off that they saw doggies play like shit, fair enough. I couldnt care less, i wanna win the real thing, not some fuking money grabbing comp. Imagine if we sent reynolds or morris too the comp? Everyone would be spewing if they copped a serious injury and be giving it to des.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Canberra held to ZERO!!

Rodzilla - because you need depth so our players can hit the line at speed, not flat and with no momentum.
i disagree with the significance of depth of the hit up pass

you might be able to pick up more speed but you sacrifice 2-3m of room for the defensive line to move further upwards

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Problem is some of these guys are first graders and should be playing better than the garbage so far.

Take some responsibility for the crap performances, because there is no reason they wont play like that during the season.. and that is the worrying thing.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Ouch Walker takes a boot to the face.

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly no surprises here, we have the slowest backline in the NRL, we where never going to go well at the 9's.

Status
Not open for further replies.