• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
With only a few rounds to go until September and the with the boys going so well have your expectations changed at all coming into the finals? What will now be seen as an acceptable finish to season 2012 ?

Discuss.

P.S inb4 hurr durr one week at a time/jinxing the team etc. etc.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe The Kennel could ban semi final chat until we get there.

the_gamee

Kennel Established
Reaction score
FMD.. Did i just enter the Souths forum, let them be the July/August Premiers!

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Minor Premiership should be in the bag!

I will be happy if we make the GF but even happier if we win it.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
03,06,09 we ended our season in the 3rd week of the finals...2012? hopefully the curse or pattern doesn't continue this season.

To be honest I don't get how any dogs fan wouldn't be happy or there expectations have not been met. Especially with a team that finished 9th last season, and spent sometime in the bottom 4 last season, and this season possibly finishing with a minor premiership. (even the toughest of critics would be enthused by that)

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Maybe The Kennel could ban semi final chat until we get there.
Correct. Knights are the benchmark team, and all we should be thinking about is doing enough to beat them. Finals are a long way off.

The Radar
----------
Bulldogs

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
every yr i have the same expectation
and thats to be the winner come grand final day

The BEAR

ROAR talent
Reaction score
every yr i have the same expectation
and thats to be the winner come grand final day
wow. that's like expecting to win the lotto everytime you play lol.

Being a bit more realistic would've saved you a lot of heartbreak over the years when we weren't even close to being a top 8 side.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I really want to go to the GF (never been to one) so I really want us to be there. I will be devastated if we lose, but at least the future looks bright and I will be super surprised if we don't win a Premiership or two within the next 5 years

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
What we've achieved so far has been beyond expectations tbh

However, a Minor Premiership is a must in our position. If we don't win it, its a massive choke

I expect a run into the Semi Final for sure, if we play well in the semi and lose then so be it (good year)

But realistically we have the talent and ability to make the GF ... would be awesome

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
wow. that's like expecting to win the lotto everytime you play lol.

Being a bit more realistic would've saved you a lot of heartbreak over the years when we weren't even close to being a top 8 side.
very true!!
but i cant help it....season after season...i cant help but think we are a chance of winning the grand final this yr!!
thats why im cut every time we lose.........

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will be filthy if we don't win the Minor Premiership... mainly because I want to see the dogs win something since I've been a member (2008+).

And unfortunately (or fortunately) I will be in europe (oktoberfest on GF day - Didn't know that the GF was in September this year till after I booked) so if we make it and win it, I at least want to say I had been here when we took the MP.

If we were to make the GF and win i'd seriously be so cut (at first anyway) for not being a part of it!

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
03,06,09 we ended our season in the 3rd week of the finals...2012? hopefully the curse or pattern doesn't continue this season.
I prefer to look at it in a more positive note, being half Chinese, the number 8 is lucky and its been 8 years since our last title..happy thoughts.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just want to be competitive. We're a young team and still learning.

Status
Not open for further replies.