2011 / 2012 Player Movements + Rumour Mill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Marmin Barba has re-signed with the Eels for 2 further years.

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
Panthers are welcoming back Melbourne Storm centre Maurice Blair. Signed for 2 years. Daily Telegraph.
They will be hoping he stays in the Melbourne form. Bellamys really got him going now.

He never did much at all for St Ma... Penrith.

RowdyDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Breaking news on skynews ... Petero back to Brisbane on a one year deal

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dugan, still not signed up !!

After checking out my NRL News App noticed the latest news is that the Raiders still have not signed up Mr Dugan, now there is a good fullback for the Dogggeeez next year.
How kick Ass would that be??:(

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Considering Barba just signed for 4 years, cant see it happening. Very injury prone also

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
His off contract at the end of 2012 and it wont happen.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Josh Dugan is a good fullback and has already gtr big wraps on him. But the Dogs have got Ben Barba, and although suspect under the high ball, had a strong game against Parra fielding kicks in or just outside the ingoal area that made dangerous situations safe. I think Barba can only get better.

And in the Toyota Cup there's Daniel Abou-Sleiman at fullback who at that level is showing brilliant form. I think we should nurture who we've already got.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah lets just keep buying players its been working so well

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As great of a player he is, I wouldnt swap Barba for anyone. Im happy we are blooding our juniors in key positions

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
thanks but no thanks....im happy with barba in the no. 1 jersey

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I love seeing the young blokes coming good BUT! we need to have some experience in the backs (Centre) and if Ryan goes we need another good Front rower like Casiano, not too sure who there is coming through the ranks.
I live here in Qld, try and get any info on Sydney teams period, they still think the game of NRL is QLD only, you get very little feedback from down south.

That's why I joined "The Kennel"

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I can't believe how many people underestimate what an amazing talent we have on our hands in Barba. Like others have said, I wouldn't swpa him for anyone outside of Slater.

He's not just a flashy fast little player with some flaws in the air.

If this kid reaches his potential he'll easily be one of the best fullbacks in the game and maybe one of the best players in the game.

One of the things that has pissed me off incredibly is how much we've underutilised him attack. This kid should just be a support player. He has more ball skills and kicking ability than most fullbacks in the comp. We NEVER, EVER use him in the 20 the way we should be. Again, if he ever becomes as good as he could be, we have a definite star on our team.

TJW

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Panthers are welcoming back Melbourne Storm centre Maurice Blair. Signed for 2 years. Daily Telegraph.
same reporter i think said he was only seen at centrebet stadium talking to officials, its still not confirmed

TJW

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah lets just keep buying players its been working so well
bulldogs and souths keep trying to buy a premiership, yet both have had great u20s in the last couple of seasons and still look elsewhere for talent......

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
Telegraph fail again ....

Melbourne centre Maurice Blair has signed a one-year extension with the ladder leading NRL club.

The 26-year-old former Penrith Panther has been a surprise packet in 2011 since making his debut for the Storm against Brisbane in round nine.

Blair's deal include's an additional one year option.

The Storm are also celebrating the re-signings of key players Bryan Norrie, Rory Kostjasyn and Sisa Waqa.

All three have extended their contract for another season with an additional optional year, adding significant depth to the Storm squad for 2012.

Blair made the move to Melbourne at the end of 2010 after 48 NRL appearances for the Panthers.
http://www.nrl.com/maurice-blair-re...spx?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

MAD DOG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
After checking out my NRL News App noticed the latest news is that the Raiders still have not signed up Mr Dugan, now there is a good fullback for the Dogggeeez next year.
How kick Ass would that be??:(
didnt canberra extend his contract last year? yes he is a gun player, but im sure he would be worth a lot of coin... plus we have another brilliant player in the fullback position called Barba :p

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I thought Dugan agreed to extend last year, but didn't put pen to paper.

Almobro

Gunner
Reaction score
"Penrith Panthers young half Harry Siejka has re-signed for two more seasons." - NRL Gossip.

Status
Not open for further replies.