2010 Ashes Super Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
indeed, we don't compare to the poms.

Really the only atmosphere i like is when Hewitt is playing in the tennis lol, maybe cuz its a small stadium lol.

Smith scores a consilation 50. 1 wicket to go.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Alistair Cook's life has changed forever ...

What will become of him ?

Future captain ?
10,000 runs ?

The new Beckham of Cricket perhaps ???

Sky is the limit for that kid.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
the english will be partying tonight. Drunk english birds ftw!

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
really was a great atmosphere, great to be apart of it and won't ever forget it

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Aussie Aussie Aussie, Sh*te Sh*te Sh*te

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
tbh i dont really think any aussie cares what a NZer thinks when it comes to cricket lol.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Clarke quits Twenty20, Cameron White new captain

http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia/content/current/story/495742.html

wise mmove by Clarkey. Very unselfish. Selectors would never drop him even though he is one of the slowest run accumulators in this format

Michael Clarke's reign as Test captain might just be starting but his time as Twenty20 leader has ended. Clarke announced after the Ashes loss at the SCG that he would stand down from the role and will not play Twenty20, instead preferring to concentrate on regaining form in the five- and one-day arenas.

Cameron White has been named as Australia's captain for the two Twenty20 games against England next week, with Tim Paine confirmed as his deputy. The squad also includes Brett Lee, who will represent Australia for the first time since October 2009, as well as the uncapped Aaron Finch and James Pattinson.

Clarke struggled to keep pace with the demands of the shortest game because his technically correct batting was more suited to the longer formats. In 32 T20 internationals he had a strike-rate of 103, or slightly better than a run a ball, well below the output expected of a top-order player.

He captained the side in 18 matches and won 12 times, with the highlight being taking Australia to the final of the World Twenty20 in the West Indies in May. England beat Australia on that occasion too.

Clarke replaced Ponting as Test captain for the final game of this Ashes series, but will have to wait until August to learn if he will be the full-time leader. However, he will captain Australia in the upcoming one-day series against England, as Ponting continues to recover from his finger injury.

The two Twenty20s will be played next Wednesday and Friday, followed by seven ODIs beginning at the MCG on January 16. The chairman of selectors, Andrew Hilditch, said White was ready for the leadership of Australia's Twenty20 side.

"Cameron White has been named as captain of the Twenty20 team and Tim Paine vice-captain," Hilditch said. "We are confident that they will provide outstanding leadership for what is a very exciting Twenty20 team. The national selection panel is taking the opportunity to look at some of our exciting young talent in this form of the game. Aaron Finch has been in outstanding form for Victoria and the NSP looks forward to watching him play at the highest level in this form of the game.

"James Pattinson is one of a crop of young fast bowlers with great potential and he impressed with his stint with the Australian side in India. We're sure he's ready for the challenge of international cricket. The squad also sees the return of Brett Lee and Shaun Tait. Both at their best are explosive bowlers and should add greatly to the team."

Australia squad David Warner, Shane Watson, Cameron White (capt), David Hussey, Aaron Finch, Steven Smith, Tim Paine (wk), Steve O'Keefe, Mitchell Johnson, Brett Lee, James Pattinson, Shaun Tait.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Once again I offer my condolences
3-1 ashes Series loss in your own backyard, I suggest you keep your condolences.

proud somalian, living in NZ but is a pommie? wtf?
NZ mum went to live in England, English guy and NZ mum had me come into the frame and moved back here. Mind boggling concept if I do say myself lad.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
doesnt explain were proud somalian comes in :p

are you with a somalian girl and has she brain washed you lol?

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Me and Paulina plan to move to Somalia one day. It was her idea tbh

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
lol, trust paulina to come up with a ****ed up idea

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
15 tests will be played within 2 yrs. Overkill or good for the game?

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
don't think it's either tbh only happening because australia is hosting the WC then goes back to normal scheduling.

Status
Not open for further replies.