2010 Ashes Super Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Aus Squad:

Ricky Ponting (capt), Michael Clarke (vice-capt), Shane Watson, Simon Katich, Callum Ferguson, Mike Hussey, Marcus North, Usman Khawaja, Brad Haddin, Nathan Hauritz, Steve Smith, Mitchell Johnson, Peter Siddle, Ben Hilfenhaus, Doug Bollinger, Ryan Harris, Xavier Doherty.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nope this is the squad.

Seriously how much of a joke are CA, a squad announcement at the opera house ?

Then instead of selecting 12 or 13 - they are so feeble they select 18 players. Bumbling idiots, this campaign has got crash and burn written all over it.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
A few surprises in there, unfortunately I don't think they'll be in the 12.

Don't know why they persist with Nathan Hauritz, his form doesn't warrant selection. I don’t think Krejza was great either, but he did more than Hauritz with less chances.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Nope this is the squad.

Then instead of selecting 12 or 13 - they are so feeble they select 18 players. Bumbling idiots, this campaign has got crash and burn written all over it.
They want to get a look at a few of these guys later this week......... atleast thats the excuse

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Nope this is the squad.

Actually it is pretty smart naming a bigger squad as there are a few injury concerns namely Michael Clarke who has done his back again, Bollinger who is on the way back from injury and Katich who is recovering from a broken thumb.

The selectors want to also see what the younger players are going to do when Aus A take on England + the other shield games.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Actually it is pretty smart naming a bigger squad as there are a few injury concerns namely Michael Clarke who has done his back again, Bollinger who is on the way back from injury and Katich who is recovering from a broken thumb.

The selectors want to also see what the younger players are going to do when Aus A take on England + the other shield games.
I just don't know. It seems they have just named these other players for the sake of naming them.

Lets stop fking around and just name the test team for game 1, here it is:

Watson
Katich
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
North
Haddin
Hauritz
Johnson
Hifenhaus
Bollinger

Thats the team walking out. I would so love to be proved wrong.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I just don't know. It seems they have just named these other players for the sake of naming them.

Lets stop fking around and just name the test team for game 1, here it is:

Watson
Katich
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
North
Haddin
Hauritz
Johnson
Hifenhaus
Bollinger

Thats the team walking out. I would so love to be proved wrong.
I agree, there isn't much chance the other guys will get a call up even if they do something special for Australia A.

Not convinced Hauritz or North are the right choices though (or Ponting for that matter, but if you believe in the "he's due for a big game" idea, then Ponting is due more than anyone).

Not that I expected them to be named but White is a better batsmen than most named and S. Clark is a better bowler. Shame our selectors seem to worry about everything but selecting our best players.

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Great to see Usman Khawaja in the squad, hope he gets a match.

MAD DOG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
damn cricket is soooo boring... take the damn ashes, who cares?? we want RUGBY LEAGUE !!!! pre season blues.......

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Im hoping Ryan Harris gets the nod.

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope the side looks like this:

Watson
Katich
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
Usman
Haddin
Smith
Johnson

Hmm 2 more to add.

Hard to pick between Hilfy, harris, the rug and siddle..that one needs more thought.

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Katich isn't ready i would put Hussey up to open or Clarke is another option though i don't like his chances of playing atm.

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
The first test team shouldn't bring many surprises. I'd expect no major changes.

I'm surprised with all the media publicity Xavier Doherty has had over the last few weeks. I lol'd when they said they would bring in Doherty for Hauritz as they considered Nathan too expensive. Nathan was chosen ahead of Jason Krejza a few years ago for this exact reason.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mitchell Johnson would be loving it, all the pressure seems to be on other players despite him being in absolutely horrible form.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
ferguson and khawaja hughes all just failed for Aus A against a B bowling attack for England

Katich and Watson both failed for NSW against tasmania.

hmmmm

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
I just hope we get some decent cricket this summer. Sounds like it's going to be a mediocre one.

Status
Not open for further replies.