2005 World Series of Poker Champion - Joe Hachem!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cljunior

Sherwin departs 2007
Reaction score
I'm still sitting here absolutely astounded even though its been quite a long time ago. A friend of ours from Melbourne, Joe Hachem, has just won the WSOP! And pocketed a cool US$7.5 MILLION!!!

It's just unbelievable, and I can't imagine what it must feel like to be him at the moment! What is also amazing, is that one of my poker friends, who is over in Vegas and played the main event, had a 5% share of Joe's winnings, and has just earned half a million Australian dollars, at the ripe old age of 26! This is probably more mind boggling for me, cause he is a really close friend, and all of a sudden made more money than I will for probably 10 years!

WOW! For those who don't know, probably most, Joe had to beat a field of 5619 players to come 1st, each person forked out US$10,000 and created a prizepool of over 52 million. Well done, and go you Aussie! Couldn't of happened to a nicer person.

Leesee

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i was watching the WSOP the other nite...which one is joe hachem?

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think the Episode with Joe wont be aired for a bit, the one that was on was a little old, BTW, check out my new TOY, 1000 Piece Chipset.
Anyone wanna play???

cljunior

Sherwin departs 2007
Reaction score
MattyB said:
I think the Episode with Joe wont be aired for a bit, the one that was on was a little old, BTW, check out my new TOY, 1000 Piece Chipset.
Anyone wanna play???
I would love to play! I got a set from Pokerstars for 8000 FPP. So didn't have to pay a cent.

Do you play Matty? I know more and more people are playing now, but trying to find people that are really into it, that will like go down to Melbourne and play tournaments, that kind of thing.

I'm hoping with Joe winning the WSOP, poker will boom in Australia, not that is isn't already, but I mean really BOOM! 4 years ago when i went down to Melbourne, only about 100 played the $10k entry main event, this last January, there were about 350, so pretty good growth. Hopefully next January that will double to about 600! That would be mad.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
my work friends and I play each night at a friends apartment in the city.

I consider myself an 'expert' now :grinning:

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah i play, i got the set so i can take my mates cash as well as ppl's on da net
MB

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i want to take some of yous on
if anyones got a party poker account let me know and we can have a "play chips" game

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
OMG Kennel Poker Tournament!!!!!!

we should organise one:D

id squash anyone in my way:p

Mr Bulldogs

Kennel Legend
Administrator
Reaction score
whats the skill u require to win poker matches?
i have never played it or watched it and have no idea about the rules.

The Bandit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
U dont need any skill...its luck of the cards and how good your poker face is!!

The Bandit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
a bit different to Black Jack.....Poker you need to outplay and outsmart your opponents either with your cards or your bluff

cljunior

Sherwin departs 2007
Reaction score
The Bandit said:
U dont need any skill...its luck of the cards and how good your poker face is!!
In the long run its not luck. A better player will end up beating a crap player heads up. There's no question about it.

Its a LOT different to Blackjack, BJ is against the house, poker is against other players, so naturally if you are better than you opponents, it gives you an edge.

Contrary to popular belief, you can't beat blackjack, especially with the continuous shuffling now. All you can do in BJ is hit or pass. In poker you can bet, check, raise, fold, reraise, check raise, etc. A lot more skill is involved.

cljunior

Sherwin departs 2007
Reaction score
Sniffer Dog said:
i play in sydney at the APA. go to http://www.pokernetwork.com/index.cfm for all your Oz poker info
Hey, are you the one with the avatar of Homer Simpson wearing a Bulldogs jersey on Pokernetwork?

I've been reluctant to play at the APA, mainly due to the legal ramifications, I played in the NSW Champs at the Abbey in 2003. Ever since the raid in SA I'm even more sketchy about it.

Have you been down to Melbourne in January? I'm thinking of going down to Crown for the Vic Champs in August as well .. if my studies allow me to at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.