2 Positives

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Foran's the halfback and we were completely unorganised all night. We had 64% possession in the first half with multiple sets on their line yet Foran couldn't direct shit.
Lewis. One half just aint enough and even though jmk is a good player he adds nothing in attack.

How about this..

Lichaa to lock
Lewis in the halves
Jmk to hooker

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
There are more than 2 players that have played well this year so I think that's a bit harsh, just like the criticism of certain players.. the biggest problem I see at the moment is we are not playing as a team .. there just seems to be a massive lack of communication or understanding of each other

the hound

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I reckon Hoppa is going well.
2nd most meters after Klemmer.
2nd most tackle busts after Mybe.
If he can get more inside offloads like he did to Foran tonight, that's what we need.
I agree on Hoppa, he and Foran had a couple of defensive issues in the early rounds but I think Hoppa was outstanding against the Raiders, particularly bring the ball out of our own end. Foran has been excellent, players still struggling to push through the line with him and Mbye has been a revelation. Klemmer got through a mountain of work but I do agree that Adam Elliott has been disappointing and Pay's use of the bench is poor, with some players lacking effectiveness due to playing too many minutes. I thought the best was determined in his return match and Montoya had a bad night. Renouf needs a run on the bench, lacking some size and aggression at the moment.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foran's the halfback and we were completely unorganised all night. We had 64% possession in the first half with multiple sets on their line yet Foran couldn't direct shit.
So I suppose foran was the one contributing to the dropped balls and forward passes.... seriously des would love you!! You look at stats rather then face value ‍♂

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree on Hoppa, he and Foran had a couple of defensive issues in the early rounds but I think Hoppa was outstanding against the Raiders, particularly bring the ball out of our own end. Foran has been excellent, players still struggling to push through the line with him and Mbye has been a revelation. Klemmer got through a mountain of work but I do agree that Adam Elliott has been disappointing and Pay's use of the bench is poor, with some players lacking effectiveness due to playing too many minutes. I thought the best was determined in his return match and Montoya had a bad night. Renouf needs a run on the bench, lacking some size and aggression at the moment.
Canberra did defend well last night.
Foran put RFM one on one a few times with Sezer but he made the tackle.
Most of the forwards are really doing nothing with regard to tackle busts and getting offloads to break the defensive line.
Work in progress no doubt but Elliott, Fualalo & Taulau all seem to have gone bsckwards from last season.
On top of that Woods & Jackson certainly are not close to their best.

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I dont get this whole Foran half back crap. I only ever remember Foran being a 5/8 who ran hard and played at rthe line. Dont ever recall him being a game manager.I dont ever recall him haveing a great kciking game. This is why we signed Cogger and why we played for Seizar

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The problem is Foran appears to be the only organiser out there. Lichaa and JMK aren’t organising shit.

If the bench mark is Melbourne, we need two halves and a hooker barking
Yh we definitely need a better 5/8, but Foran still wasn't taking charge. When we had all that possession in the first half we just had forwards taking pointless hitups until Moses came in and tried to create something at first receiver instead of having him running off the halves.

Honestly Frawley needs to go back into the side. He was the 5/8 all off season yet Pay decided to drop him after 2 games despite him creating the most try scoring chances in that period. We also looked somewhat organised with him there even if the footy didn't flow that well.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I dont get this whole Foran half back crap. I only ever remember Foran being a 5/8 who ran hard and played at rthe line. Dont ever recall him being a game manager.I dont ever recall him haveing a great kciking game. This is why we signed Cogger and why we played for Seizar
Foran has always been the game manager no matter the number on his back...just look at how much DCE struggled without him in the side.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So I suppose foran was the one contributing to the dropped balls and forward passes.... seriously des would love you!! You look at stats rather then face value ‍♂
What stat am i looking at that tells me the side was unorganised?

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What stat am i looking at that tells me the side was unorganised?
Past comments for one... you use 64% possession stat and then blame Foran for us being unorganised, he’s got a kid next to him... Foran is s top top player and Is playing very well and putting his heart into his performances... he can hold his head high

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Past comments for one... you use 64% possession stat and then blame Foran for us being unorganised, he’s got a kid next to him... Foran is s top top player and Is playing very well and putting his heart into his performances... he can hold his head high
So Foran organised the side and directed the play?

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The problem is Foran appears to be the only organiser out there. Lichaa and JMK aren’t organising shit.

If the bench mark is Melbourne, we need two halves and a hooker barking
Agree. Foran on his own makes it really easy for the defence

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Foran organised the side and directed the play?
Firstly he’s a five eight... he’s not even a halfback, secondly if you don’t think our direction has not improved significantly from last year then we may as well end his conversation and resign josh Reynolds and move Mbye to halfback again...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Firstly he’s a five eight... he’s not even a halfback, secondly if you don’t think our direction has not improved significantly from last year then we may as well end his conversation and resign josh Reynolds and move Mbye to halfback again...
Wrong. He is a halfback and can play either position. When it was him and DCE at Manly, Foz was the one that was the controlling half and directed the team around the park. Foz leaves and DCE falls apart until Manly bring in a suitable replacement in Green. No coincidence.

Foran didn't organise the side well enough last night, simple as that. Is he the only one that didn't do his job? Absolutely not.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sometimes disagree with what you say but this time your spot on. yes foran has grit and balls but its a matter of time that grit will get to his old injuries and I think he sort of done something to his shoulder when he scored that try. but just for everyones info a half isn't great because his hard and takes on the line. a good half organises the team and directs plays, last night was nothing short of rubbish and park footballers looked more organised. I think foran needs the 6 on his back and we need a quality 7 to direct the team around....

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wrong. He is a halfback and can play either position. When it was him and DCE at Manly, Foz was the one that was the controlling half and directed the team around the park. Foz leaves and DCE falls apart until Manly bring in a suitable replacement in Green. No coincidence.

Foran didn't organise the side well enough last night, simple as that. Is he the only one that didn't do his job? Absolutely not.
Well when Evans had a dud like Dylan Walker as five eight of course he wasn’t going to play well... Manly were rebuilding (as we are) which contributed to Evans form dipping... not Foran leaving... Foran is a five eight he’s played that his whole career... he’s got a kid whose played under ten first grade games beside him, not cherry Evans... he needs someone with his quality beside him... again, if you don’t see that our direction has improved immensely I don’t know what else to say... you honestly think our direction was better last year? I know it’s your opinion I just think your being very harsh on Foran...

I agree on the latter there are many other players not contributing.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Well when Evans had a dud like Dylan Walker as five eight of course he wasn’t going to play well... Manly were rebuilding (as we are) which contributed to Evans form dipping... not Foran leaving... Foran is a five eight he’s played that his whole career... he’s got a kid whose played under ten first grade games beside him, not cherry Evans... he needs someone with his quality beside him... again, if you don’t see that our direction has improved immensely I don’t know what else to say... you honestly think our direction was better last year? I know it’s your opinion I just think your being very harsh on Foran...

I agree on the latter there are many other players not contributing.
Foran was the controlling half in that partnership, ask any Manly fan. You could hear the bloke screaming at players to get in position from the sideline at Brooky.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I sometimes disagree with what you say but this time your spot on. yes foran has grit and balls but its a matter of time that grit will get to his old injuries and I think he sort of done something to his shoulder when he scored that try. but just for everyones info a half isn't great because his hard and takes on the line. a good half organises the team and directs plays, last night was nothing short of rubbish and park footballers looked more organised. I think foran needs the 6 on his back and we need a quality 7 to direct the team around....
Foran is more than capable of being our halfback, he has the vision, ball skills and leadership to do it. He just didn't deliver last night.

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whilst we are at the bottom of the table I truly feel like there is development happening in the team. Most on here expect immediate success and call for heads if it does not happen. New coach, new half, new structures. Get a Fucken grip people - it’s not happening overnight.

I agree with mybe and Foran. No doubt Foran looks to have aged and it was never more evident when he made that break and tried to step the fullback. He would have left him grabbing for air a few years ago but not anymore. Still, a great addition to the team but agree someone gotta be alongside him.

I dunno what I expected from woods but given my ratings of him as a player we have got exactly what I expected. He will never be the barnstorming forward that many expect but he could add value if mybe/Hoppa develop a good relationship with him cause he can offload and there were times last night I would have liked to see someone on his shoulder.

Status
Not open for further replies.