2 Positives

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Mbye and Foran!

Everyone else is burning the house down I and wanted to talk about the 2 good things we have.

Mbye, a revelation. I called it about 2-3 years ago but anyways...

Foran, What a tough hard working bloke. Leaves nothing out there. I fear we will break him without someone to partner him and help out. To me he is exactly what I expect in a Bulldogs player.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Fuck you're negative about everything
Foran's the halfback and we were completely unorganised all night. We had 64% possession in the first half with multiple sets on their line yet Foran couldn't direct shit.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Mbye and Foran!

Everyone else is burning the house down I and wanted to talk about the 2 good things we have.

Foran, What a tough hard working bloke. Leaves nothing out there. I fear we will break him without someone to partner him and help out. To me he is exactly what I expect in a Bulldogs player.
Completely agree Grogdog, I said this exact same thing in a comment on another post.

lukemuz

New Pup
Reaction score
Agreed Foran and mbye both going well. We are struggling to score points jmk is not the answer at five eight I don’t no why we don’t go after a ball runner like Blake Austin now him and Foran would kill it together. Elliot reserve grade with Montoya.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mbye and Foran!

I agree on Foran and to a degree on mbye, but

Mbyes positioning in defence is worrying in its self also I'd love to see him follow the ball more and not keep getting caught out in the line of defence, hopefully it's only a timing thing and lack of experience playing in that position.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Mbye and Foran!

With regards to positives Foran excellent and Mybe's kick returns excellent but we have more positives than that.

RFM - He has been really good. Could have run a bit better lines tonight but really good overall.
Klemmer - I think he has been good. Making heaps of post contact meters.
JMoz: I think he has been good this season.
Hopoate: This guy has been making shit load of meters every game and can get offloads away. Pay needs to work this to help with line breaks.

To me the two really under performing players have been Elliot & Montoya.

Danny F & Francis T also need to improve (i.e. cut out errors) but I think they will with more experience

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I agree on Foran and to a degree on mbye, but

Mbyes positioning in defence is worrying in its self also I'd love to see him follow the ball more and not keep getting caught out in the line of defence, hopefully it's only a timing thing and lack of experience playing in that position.
At this stage you have to put it down to the new position and experience.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
With regards to positives Foran excellent and Mybe's kick returns excellent but we have more positives than that.

RFM - He has been really good. Could have run a bit better lines tonight but really good overall.
Klemmer - I think he has been good. Making heaps of post contact meters.
JMoz: I think he has been good this season.
Hopoate: This guy has been making shit load of meters every game and can get offloads away. Pay needs to work this to help with line breaks.

To me the two really under performing players have been Elliot & Montoya.

Danny F & Francis also need to improve (i.e. cut out errors) but I think they will with more experience
Cool, more positives.

Dunno about Hoppa and add Woods to under performing.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Foran, What a tough hard working bloke. Leaves nothing out there. I fear we will break him without someone to partner him and help out.
IMO: He is broken already.

Yes he plays busted each game, but he's never going to be 100%.

I don't think he will see out the season.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We have a lot of talent in our side. But so far we have struggled badly to construct attacking situations, and when we do it's touch and go on whether we'll finish good attacking situations well. It's hard to identify why things break down. At times it's impatience. Other times we blow chances with dumb errors. And there have been times when it's just refs calls that halt our momentum.

So while we do have some positives around the side, it's frustrating to see games like this where half the team were walked over through a lack of enthusiasm.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Foran's the halfback and we were completely unorganised all night. We had 64% possession in the first half with multiple sets on their line yet Foran couldn't direct shit.
The problem is Foran appears to be the only organiser out there. Lichaa and JMK aren’t organising shit.

If the bench mark is Melbourne, we need two halves and a hooker barking

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed Foran and mbye both going well. We are struggling to score points jmk is not the answer at five eight I don’t no why we don’t go after a ball runner like Blake Austin now him and Foran would kill it together. Elliot reserve grade with Montoya.
And Fualalo can join Elliot and Montoya in ISP as well.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not a massive Hoppa fan, but he's not THAT bad, I think he's made the most combined metres for us all year out of all the backs. A centre is not the result of our short comings. I also like to say Tolman's defence is better than any other forward. He's not a damaging ball runner but at least he can defend.
Fualolo is horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.