2 glaring problems

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Braidon Burns: good attacking player, but his shit defensive reads and lack of lateral movement is good for 2-3 tries against us per week. Feel bad for Kiraz who has to clean up his shit. It’s getting to Okunbor levels at this point

Corey Waddell: again, gets through some decent work but he’s good for multiple stupid errors and stupid penalties every single week. We need to buy / find a replacement for this guy , because the only reason he keeps his spot is because we lack rangey, versatile backrowers who can cover multiple positions if necessary

Last edited:

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree with you about Waddell. He’d be a good backup. Or maybe off the bench for 15-20 a game. But if he is running out and playing 80 next year we have missed the mark.
I don’t think he will be with Kikau and RFM in the side. He will be a depth player until his contract runs out and then hopefully a we bring a young guy through on minimum and get rid of these type of signings.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Im not overly stressed. We'll have a new coach with new recruits and an off season to work on things.
We cant score close range tries, no set plays, our kicking game is shit etc etc but none of it really matters at the moment.
We are playing better footy, Gus and the Club making all the right moves so happy just to see us score 36 points at the moment.

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burns is only playing centre because we have no wingers and Kiraz as to play there. Were much better with Kiraz at centre.
I agree. Would love to see Kiraz and Skelton on the right side once fully fit

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree with your points here OP. Another issue is the game management from our halves as we always seem to rely on individual brilliance than set plays. We are going to get punished by better sides!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I agree. Would love to see Kiraz and Skelton on the right side once fully fit
I'd rather both Kiraz and Skeleton at centre with us finding another winger, problem for next season though..

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Brandon Burns: good attacking player, but his shit defensive reads and lack of lateral movement is good for 2-3 tries against us per week. Feel bad for Kiraz who has to clean up his shit. It’s getting to Okunbor levels at this point

Corey Waddell: again, gets through some decent work but he’s good for multiple stupid errors and stupid penalties every single week. We need to buy / find a replacement for this guy , because the only reason he keeps his spot is because we lack rangey, versatile backrowers who can cover multiple positions if necessary
Lol at least get the names right! We had a good win and you cant help but bitch about it.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
another problem is game management... when we are under the pump or have a lead, we need to be able to get through our sets, get to the kick, yardage, make the opposing team play out of their own end etc... play percentage football... but there are too many pushed passes, errors, bad kicks, penalties, 7 tackle sets conceded, missed tackles, soft rucks etc.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I agree with your points here OP. Another issue is the game management from our halves as we always seem to rely on individual brilliance than set plays. We are going to get punished by better sides!
Back end of the game last tackle 10 out from the try line, Flano is organising the play. JMK looks at him, the ball is played and JMK ignores his half and dies with the ball. Not reading too much into it but just something I observed.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Brandon Burns: good attacking player, but his shit defensive reads and lack of lateral movement is good for 2-3 tries against us per week. Feel bad for Kiraz who has to clean up his shit. It’s getting to Okunbor levels at this point

2 problems you dont need to worry about for long... No need to bring it up tbh.

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol at least get the names right! We had a good win and you cant help but bitch about it.
Autocorrect ya knob. You think the best teams in the comp would get complacent after that game? Plenty of issues to deal with leaking 26 points