18th Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

alz_274

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I was just reading the Telegraph article on sports about the dogs dragons game and it said in that Brownie was commenting about ryans hit on ryles, that if a player is injured and cannot continue for the duration of the night an 18thman is permitted at the expense of that injured player who cannot return. i reckon its a good idea because it gives that team an even advantage due to the other teams faillure to co-operate coz its not fair that a team is forced to play 16men because of the other teams fault.

is that a good idea?

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's certainly unfair when a side is down one player, and the guy who took him out plays on and gets suspended after the game. The only team to benefit is the team they play next week.

The sin-bin should also be used so that repeat offenders really hurt their own side as well.

grk_adonis

THIS IS ANFIELD!
Reaction score
whats stopping players from faking injuries so they can be replaced by a fresher player late in game if need be?

and what happens if no one gets injured.....then the 18th man doesnt play FG or JF!!???

It would never work and never happen!

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
They got the free interchange, he is asking a bit too much

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
they should do it, but the replaced player wont be able to play the week later

M

Makavelli

what if no one gets injured the whole game?? does that mean that 18th man gets to get payed sitting on the bench week after doing nothing other than training with the team??

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I came up with this idea last year actually.

It needs alot of fine tuning though.

O

Orin

I was just reading the Telegraph article on sports about the dogs dragons game and it said in that Brownie was commenting about ryans hit on ryles, that if a player is injured and cannot continue for the duration of the night an 18thman is permitted at the expense of that injured player who cannot return. i reckon its a good idea because it gives that team an even advantage due to the other teams faillure to co-operate coz its not fair that a team is forced to play 16men because of the other teams fault.

is that a good idea?
No. A player can fake an injury just to get an extra fresh man on the field. Maybe if the player is put on report it can be considered. With the Bulldogs though it'll be 19th man.

Why is Brownie complaining anyway? Ryles returned to the match.

alz_274

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No. A player can fake an injury just to get an extra fresh man on the field. Maybe if the player is put on report it can be considered. With the Bulldogs though it'll be 19th man.

Why is Brownie complaining anyway? Ryles returned to the match.
yeah ok so u can fine tune it to make an 18thman come in regardless of condition and it doesnt count as an interchange if on report, but it does if a player wasnt placed under report

Status
Not open for further replies.