Consolidated Klemmer Discussion

What do you want from Klemmer as of this present moment?

• Stay

Votes: 65 31.6%
  • Piss Off

Votes: 141 68.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
From sporting news, the nrl lurker. How rude is this guy?! Lol

David Klemmer's desire to leave Canterbury is real.

Not only does big Klem feel let down by unpaid TPA deals and the departure of key teammates, he also wants to play at a stronger club.

Newcastle are a club on the rise and there is a sense the Knights can be a genuine premiership threat within the next two to three years.

The same can’t be said for the Bulldogs.
Knights will not win a premiership before Canterbury...might not be in the next 10 years but we will win 1 before Newcastle

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Just let him go. The bloke goes hard and has a good motor but he has no offload, no footwork and by focusing so much on post-contact metres he allows teams to set their defense for the next tackle anyways.

It will be a shame to see him go but it ain't that bad.
Would have to agree with you there. I would rather pay Fifita 1m than Klemmer

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
From sporting news, the nrl lurker. How rude is this guy?! Lol

David Klemmer's desire to leave Canterbury is real.

Not only does big Klem feel let down by unpaid TPA deals and the departure of key teammates, he also wants to play at a stronger club.

Newcastle are a club on the rise and there is a sense the Knights can be a genuine premiership threat within the next two to three years.

The same can’t be said for the Bulldogs.
Nathan Brown as coach and Pierce in the halfs this club isn't on the rise.

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would have to agree with you there. I would rather pay Fifita 1m than Klemmer
I fuckin hate Fifita with a passion but the bloke is a consistent game changer. Klemmer ain't.

If releasing him means we free up cash for a top class fullback or hooker then I'd consider it to be a win.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I fuckin hate Fifita with a passion but the bloke is a consistent game changer. Klemmer ain't.

If releasing him means we free up cash for a top class fullback or hooker then I'd consider it to be a win.
Who is a top hooker and fullback. That aren't already tied up to other clubs

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With no Klemmer all of sudden we have gone from having the biggest forward pack too the smallest in the space of a few years.

Klemmer goes and we will get fucking steam rolled most weeks. Good luck against the giants at the storm or panthers when we play them.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So David Klemmer wants out of the Dogs for personal reasons, an extra 500 thousand reasons per year. Seriously, the NRL is a joke if cheif clown Todd Greenberg doesn't fine the knights for dealing with a contracted player. It's time the Dogs show some cahooners with the only following options. Klemmer goes to Newcastle only in a player swap with Kaylin Ponga Or Klemmer stays put and honours his contract to play otherwise he doesn't play anywhere, not for club, not for state & not for country. Simple.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
really, given the club has to spend 95% of the salary cap regardless, please explain to me who the club is spending the salary cap on in 2019? Especially if Klemmer is gone!
Lichaa on $500K in 2019 says is all for me.
Along with front loading other player’s contacts, which I guess is what the club is doing to clear the decks to test the player market in 2020.
To think that the new board has some form of fairy dust is so naïve and take it from me, Chris Anderson is no genius at identifying new talent.
You've seen Tolmans home loan application... and all of a sudden you know exactly what our cap situation looks like.. assume all you like. and that's all you are doing is making assumptions..

theres has been several reliable sources on TK that say that our 2020 cap is screwed royally. but I guess you know better, so please reveal you source to a moderator ..

So by your train of thought the club is purposely getting rid of players and not replacing them with star players because ?? please I'd love to know your conspiracy behind this sneaky Anderson plan ??

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Seriously guys renouf t will be a star nothing to fear
Renouf is only a year younger then Klemmer to say he’s going to match his output during his career is a stretch. Losing Klemmer will have a massive effect.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Knights page is saying "re-signing", not a new signing....

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
really, given the club has to spend 95% of the salary cap regardless, please explain to me who the club is spending the salary cap on in 2019? Especially if Klemmer is gone!
Lichaa on $500K in 2019 says is all for me.
Along with front loading other player’s contacts, which I guess is what the club is doing to clear the decks to test the player market in 2020.
To think that the new board has some form of fairy dust is so naïve and take it from me, Chris Anderson is no genius at identifying new talent.
Really? Anderson is no genius? Is that why he picked out Lewis and Reimis as future first graders way before round 1 of the season.
Warren Macdonnell told Anderson they had no future at the club. Anderson turns around and says he thinks Lewis is a natural footballer and one to keep. Anderson goes on to further add that he thinks Reimis Smith is a type of player that will excel playing in first grade with good players around him. Macdonall never rated them. But hey, let's just put shit on a two premiership winning coach and ex Australian Test Coach because his surname is Anderson and some on here don't like the Andersons.
Oh and to think that Bullfrog would of spent years in Anderson's ear mentoring him and the hours of footy talk that would of went on between the two considering he was his son in law. Let's not mention the fact Anderson had to rebuild the club from the big 80's era hangover we had after featuring in 5 GF's and winning 4. We were a basket case when Anderson took over in 1990 when we had about 8 players leave the club. In a few years Anderson took us to back to back minor premierships in 93 & 94 and won the premiership in 95 after featuring in back to back GF's in 94 & 95. He built a team of no bodies from scratch. But hey Anderson is no genius in identifying new talent right?

We need people like Anderson at the club right now.
We need Mark Hughes recruiting for us. We need these people at our club.
They have been tried and tested, they are bulldog people who were invloved in Canterbury's success over the last 40 years in some way, shape or form.
Just like Folkesy, they are Canterbury and they are part of the very fabric of our club whether you like it or not.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Renouf is only a year younger then Klemmer to say he’s going to match his output during his career is a stretch. Losing Klemmer will have a massive effect.
I was laughed at on here saying kaylan would be a star as well as cook ive played the game and can spot talent when i see it and he really stepped up late this year and is our future and has an amazing offload

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was laughed at on here saying kaylan would be a star as well as cook ive played the game and can spot talent when i see it and he really stepped up late this year and is our future and has an amazing offload
I’m not saying Renouf doesn’t have talent but we need someone to plug the hole Klemmer leaves next year and Renouf can’t do that at the minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.