100% Footy - Luke Brooks

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong I thought that money was only for a like for like replacement, ie another fullback.
Only when Foran and Bulldogs was concerned lol

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Throw $650/$700k @ Braydon Trindall and a 4 year contract and I believed he’d be our 7 next year ..
This called it last year. Genuine organising no7 and he’s suit Burton in the halves

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look I was all for convincing brooks could have helped us but let’s be honest never gona happen. Wests are in a similar scenario to us and no way he will do any better for us. Manly will give him the chop next year when he fails to live up to his hype that a new team can get the best out of him. I’ve seen more from cogger this season than brooks in the the last 10 years.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trindall is a solid player but 700k is more than double what he's worth. That's insane money..
The issue I also have with this signing is Trindall’s age. He’s still young and has many more years left in him. What happens to Oloapu, Rajab, BBO, Hayward etc? We can’t say Trindall has the experience himself to mentor these guys and being young himself with many more years ahead of him you will probably lose the likes of Oloapu and Rajab. My preference would be to get an experienced head to mentor these guys and hopefully bring out the next halfback. The problem is, there is no one available.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The issue I also have with this signing is Trindall’s age. He’s still young and has many more years left in him. What happens to Oloapu, Rajab, BBO, Hayward etc? We can’t say Trindall has the experience himself to mentor these guys and being young himself with many more years ahead of him you will probably lose the likes of Oloapu and Rajab. My preference would be to get an experienced head to mentor these guys and hopefully bring out the next halfback. The problem is, there is no one available.
Trindall would be a good signing but Cronulla won't let him go and he probably doesn't want to leave as he knows soon enough he'll replace Moylan. Either way, even hypothetically, 650-700k is absurd..

Like you said, there are no good experienced halves available. Consistent halves in general are harder to find across the NRL these days.

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cronulla players wouldn't leave nulla to come play for the Dogs.

They are all stuck in the gay shire.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trindall would be a good signing but Cronulla won't let him go and he probably doesn't want to leave as he knows soon enough he'll replace Moylan. Either way, even hypothetically, 650-700k is absurd..

Like you said, there are no good experienced halves available. Consistent halves in general are harder to find across the NRL these days.
Connor tracey will replace moylan

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trindall is a solid player but 700k is more than double what he's worth. That's insane money..
Agree on the 700k part but he's the sort of 7 to go after, rather than tried failures like Brooks. Offer Trindall lets say 400k (most halves command that) with incentives to get that up to 600k plus.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why do you want a halfback that has failed every single year at the Tigers?

Sorry but let me put it in simple terms... HE ISN'T ANY GOOD!

Trust me we have avoided a disaster.
So many people on here hit panic stations when we miss out on yet another mediocre player. Fmd if your ambition is only to be mediocre, why bother? I’m happy the club isn’t satisfied with that attitude! Look at clubs like Tigers, Knights and even Manly and Roosters are going that way. Happy to sign average players and expect to turn them into guns. Robbo and Siebald are both failing at that so far.

We already have enough average players, why sign more? Especially in spine positions. If we don’t have juniors not far away from being excellent NRL spine players, wait until there’s some on the market. We have Papali’i and Wilson who could be good, but Crichton is coming next year too and will probably play fb. In the halves we don’t need anyone, just need to be patient. Burton has shown enough to stake one of the spots long term and KO has the potential to do the same, but time will tell.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Correction he’ll be the same as he always is at Manly. 2 or 3 good games and the rest terrible. We all know the script it’s been Brooks his whole career. DCE is good he ain’t Lockyer or Johns mate. He isn’t making some dud 6 look half good
It’s hilarious aye. People think he’ll suddenly be the gun he was expected to when he made grade, after all these years of plodding. I can’t think of many halves that have gone from hopeless to dominant, simply by changing clubs. They’ve either got it or they haven’t. Brooks used to have one great strength - speed. Now, whenever he makes a linebreak (which isn’t as often as you’d like from your hb) he invariably gets stopped before he can get through and setup a try.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is what the Kennel has come to, actually wanting brooks
If we signed him, part of me would be “gee I hope we can unleash him” and the other more dominant thought would be, “oh god we really are doomed”.

Set your sights way higher ffs. If they’re not better than Burton or KO, why on earth would you want them?! Manly seem hellbent on recruiting as many bog average halves as possible lol. They now have Schuster, Johns, Arthur and are getting Brooks. Talk about a bunch of plodders!

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s hilarious aye. People think he’ll suddenly be the gun he was expected to when he made grade, after all these years of plodding. I can’t think of many halves that have gone from hopeless to dominant, simply by changing clubs. They’ve either got it or they haven’t. Brooks used to have one great strength - speed. Now, whenever he makes a linebreak (which isn’t as often as you’d like from your hb) he invariably gets stopped before he can get through and setup a try.
Exactly. If we want an average half sign one that won't command a million or close to that. Trindall for me is perfect and he has the added thing of being an elite goal kicker which we don't have. The one I feel we could unlock is Sam Walker, he's the one that has the highest ceiling and you don't lose the talent. Yes everyone will go on about his defence but it was hardly bad last year when the Roosters won 10 straight to finish 6th.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He also makes the dumbest decisions imaginable, ask my housemate who goes for the Tigers, his words yesterday "praise the Earth finally we got rid of the biggest tease". He's right, Brooks teases you every 10 weeks he produces one game, then the 9 next ones he's awful since and repeat. Everyone talks about the game against Penrith...great...you want to look at the 4 prior and the 4 games after that fluke?