1 season wonders

Status
Not open for further replies.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just thinking about our backs over the last few years that have been 1 season wonders, hoping Rona doesn't become another one

Idris
Brown
Goodwin
Wright
Barba
Perret
Lafai
Inu

other than jmoz who has had ups and downs we have had no consistent backs

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Inu had an awesome half season with us, a good half season with the Warriors and a good debut year with the Eels. Not really a one year wonder- more a waste of talent and commitment. Perret, has been an international and solid seasoned first grader for many years.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just thinking about our backs over the last few years that have been 1 season wonders, hoping Rona doesn't become another one

Idris
Brown
Goodwin
Wright
Barba
Perret
Lafai
Inu

Sorry brother, I guess you were meaning one year wonders with the dogs! Only dispute I have is Mitch Brown was always rubbish!

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do mean with us I can agree regarding brown although he scored a few in 2013 I think then fizzled

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Thread is a dud because the players are still playing. They could still have more good seasons in the future. Lol most at perrett being there. He has a couple of games where he let in a few tries and hes a one season wonder? Thats just dumb. Forget also that he came from the roosters where he was good for years?

Lafai too...hes only just past being a rookie and could have many years left to play. Only one in that list unlikely to play good again is Barba, due to his injury. Is this thread a troll?

Lol at doing autopsies before they are dead.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
What are you saying OP, that we sign ordinary backs?. Maybe most our money is tied up in the forwards.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Tbh I'd dispute some of those players even had one good season with us.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thompson had a great year last year and so to this year his the only consistent back I don't think he has even let in tries or been the cause for losing is a game. If only he got a extended contract for atleast 3 years we would have been able to see his full potential fulfilled.
But his going to England and they will get his mind blowing agility and speed as he was quicker than everyone at our club but never could show it on the field because people were in front of him and chasing him down.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

Idris
Brown
Goodwin
Wright
Barba
Perret
Lafai
Inu

Yeah, just about sums up this motley crew.

IMO Jamal Idris was never the real deal and Jono Wright was never selected in the correct position. Bryson Goodwin was nothing less than brilliant in 2009 but the fickle finger of fate (a broken toe in Bryson's case) sunk him without a trace.

But... I'd love to know what happened to Tim Lafai. Compared to his 2014 season form he is the nowhere man.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Idris - Yes. Debut season.
Brown - Never had one good season?
Goodwin - Yes
Wright - A bit unfair here.
Barba - Disagree. Was a shining light between 2009 and 2011.
Perret - Still waiting for a good season?
Lafai - Disagree.
Inu - Definitely.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
:roflol: @ Brown, Goodwin, Wright being wonders

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Goodwin and Morris destroyed opponents on that left edge, with Ben Roberts playing off the back of a dominant forward pack in 2009.

He and Morris combined for 40 odd tries that year.

Also - Barbas attacking stats were better in 2011 than 2012 IIRC

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I do mean with us I can agree regarding brown although he scored a few in 2013 I think then fizzled
Brown was always rubbish but he did have one amazing game against the storm where he played fullback.

HaceDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Idris
Brown
Goodwin
Wright
Barba
Perret
Lafai
Inu

Some of them may be one hit wonders but you are a never has been!

doggies15

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah, just about sums up this motley crew.

IMO Jamal Idris was never the real deal and Jono Wright was never selected in the correct position. Bryson Goodwin was nothing less than brilliant in 2009 but the fickle finger of fate (a broken toe in Bryson's case) sunk him without a trace.

But... I'd love to know what happened to Tim Lafai. Compared to his 2014 season form he is the nowhere man.
Dude c'mon lafai has been good for us, yes he has played shit but what makes you think that's it from him? It isn't rare for players to have a bad season, he'll be back to his best... If he stays

Status
Not open for further replies.