News “Stay off social media”: Flanagan’s message to underperforming Bulldogs

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kyle Flanagan has uttered a message to his teammates after consecutive losses against the Eels and Sharks, conceding 82 points.

Recently underperforming, the Bulldogs have struggled in attack and defence, with the latter being seen as one of their worst in a long time- the club has missed more than 50 tackles in the past two games.

However, while the club is still a young and inexperienced team, the losses can cause some players to lose confidence in their abilities.

One of the more experienced players in Sunday's line-up was Kyle Flanagan, who has previously experienced what it is like to be on the losing end of terrible performances.

Not only has he experienced many losses, but he has been on the receiving end of high criticism throughout his career from fans and media critics, something that the younger players are yet to endure.

While the Bulldogs sit near the bottom of the ladder and below expectations, the side is getting better as the younger players gain more playing minutes under their belt.

Flanagan issued a message to his teammates to keep their confidence high going forward and not get bogged down after a flurry of poor performances.

"Stay off social media is probably a good start," Flanagan said.

"Just go back to training, and things will turn around; it's just a matter of when and just staying true to yourself and knowing that good things (are) around the corner."

After being dropped from the first-grade team after Round 8, Flanagan returned on Sunday against his old club after a successful stint at the reserve-grade level.

"It felt good...I was looking forward to getting back into first grade, and I played in the halves my whole life," he said.

"I've made it quite clear that I want to be in the top grade, and anything I can do in the top grade, I'll do it."

Whilst he was playing in the NSW Cup, Flanagan transitioned into the dummy-half role. Having played in the halves his whole career and junior career, it was a role that was foreign to him but succeded in doing.

He admitted that his time in the NSW Cuphelped him enjoy playing footy once against and gave him the confidence to perform at the highest level.

"For me, it was just probably my mindset," he stated when asked what he worked on after being dropped.

"Going back and enjoying my footy and getting my confidence back and playing the way that Kyle Flanagan knows how to play.

"I believe I got back into this position through my hard work."

Off-contract at the end of the season, Flanagan will be looking to take one of the two halves spots for the remainder of the season, which Matt Burton and Karl Oloapu currently occupy.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
First set in attack all he had to do on the last was get a repeat set or die with possession.
Instead we concede a try from his shit kick.
After that chasing our tails all game.
Little things always make a difference we suck at them all.

Sloth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I swear this guy has one decent game and he’s in the media again

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
And this is the problem, social media shouldn’t even be an excuse, the internet was both good and bad, but you can’t escape it.. Walsh at a young age cops it from media an reffs , weather it’s good or bad, it’s a lot of pressure and he gets on with it. Sharks got busted up by storm the week previous. and they made a joke of Hynes.. but he came back an carried on and reversed that whipping.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've never seen a halfback get jammed up so many times as I've seen with Flanagan trying to link up with backs.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Might get another run against the Knights, looking for a short kicking game that can thread the needle.

ibby

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mate to be fair and honest.
I was the most critical on him. He has been killing it reserve grade at dummy half. Every time he went from dummy half he played better. If i was ciraoldo I would had played him if of the bench to come on and of for reed.let him bring his momentum in from reserve grade. I mean look at Mahoney he had a schocker give credit where credit is due. We a wrecking so many players from playing out of position

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Under the circumstances he did have a good game

Flanagun thinks I shit on him all the time but he makes excuses for his shit kick that lead to a try

He made up for it by scoring himself

He also threw a dumb intercept

Overall played well and prob have to stick with him for next 9 games cos we suck that bad 1-17 (excluding Preston who should win rookie of year , forward and player of the year, best defence and attack award too )

It shows where we are at when first year rookie is showing up the squad

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The bloke put in a grubber which ended up Sharks going to length of the field and strolling over ruining any momentum or pressure we had previously built. Not to mention his first try assist of the year no other player in any other club chats this bullshit after copping a flogging. The second I saw the this is my house celebration you knew it was coming fuck me this guy is something different.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don’t mind him getting a bench spot though giving Mahoney a rest think he serves a place at dummy half so well done for doing that buddy.

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This quote has me feeling a hell of a lot better "While the Bulldogs sit near the bottom of the ladder and below expectations, the side is getting better as the younger players gain more playing minutes under their belt." Is it some AI shit generating these articles ....

Doggfather

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Flanagan should never play as half again in the NRL. Is garbage kicks continue to cost us.

He should be on the bench and swap with Mahoney the turnstile.

The only training they should do between now and next game is learning how to tackle.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Flanno the 9 = great
Flanno the 7 = poo poo
I hope he stays at hooker for whatever club he signs for, even if its us somehow.
For what it's worth I like the kid, tries hard.