News “Outstanding’ Dogs star shines in new role as ‘dreadful’ Tigers sink to new low: Big Hits

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's funny, I never really thought of him as a second rower (I'll put my hand up for that), but he looked great there.
He adds that big, tall, awkward body shape which makes him hard to tackle on an edge.
Interested to see how this plays out going forward.
To be honest, with his power and speed, I'd put him in the centres.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am getting tired of commentators always blaming the defence when we score a try. All tries scored against us seem to be brilliant efforts by the other team when they excitedly call those.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Classic Kennel mate, absolutely destroy the bloke all year, on the “sack”/player swap list, finally gets a game in his preferred position yesterday and does really well and now he’s everyone’s starting backrower for 2022.

The madness continues...
Not me, I said he had a good season at prop for his NRL game time and im right lol.

Second year in terms of game time and he cracked 100 metres in the worst team some of us have seen in years. A good season from Jack.

He may well be better at SR, but he'll be a good prop too, his one and only problem is he's dumb and gets suspended a lot. Get that in check and he's going to be a very good player.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've not once bad mouthed Hetherington. I've stuck by him all year while the rest of the joint stuck to boot to him.
Same here mate, but the flip flippers know who they are. :tearsofjoy:
He does have misdirected aggression that he needs to adjust and also improve defensive decisions, but he is just the sort of player our pack needs. Him in the back row with Jackson and Thomo at lock could be a dynamite back 3.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was really happy for hethrington when he scored it made up for the bullshit suspensions he’s copped. Imagine the rotation of Vaughn and Thomson and tpj and hethrington next year with the work rate of Jackson. We are lucky we have Corey Waddell

not

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Not me, I said he had a good season at prop for his NRL game time and im right lol.

Second year in terms of game time and he cracked 100 metres in the worst team some of us have seen in years. A good season from Jack.

He may well be better at SR, but he'll be a good prop too, his one and only problem is he's dumb and gets suspended a lot. Get that in check and he's going to be a very good player.
He had a bad season at prop.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nah.

He did alright, for his second year.

100 meters, some tackle busts offloads. Not bad tbh, considering that's not even his best position according to you.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hes literally playing his first full year at prop in the NRL and averages 100 meters, and you think it's a bad season lol

I realize you hate the guy but damn lol.

I realize game time played a part in him averaging over 100, but still it's good development for his first full season in a terrible team.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Nah.

He did alright, for his second year.

100 meters, some tackle busts offloads. Not bad tbh, considering that's not even his best position according to you.
You overrate the 100m, you have been going on about it all year haha. Low workrate, lack of effort plays, a stack of errors and penalties, etc. We were never anywhere near dominant enough in the middle of the park and he performed like a bench player playing too many minutes and was a liability. Comes on, makes one of two decent runs and then churns out mediocre shit for the rest of his spell.

But yes, he's a backrower and I always stuck by that. He's far better running out wide and always has been since his NYC days at the Roosters. He's a strike player, has the pace to take advantage of the space out wide and the power to break through tackles. Defence and workrate are the issue, he can pace himself a little better out wide so hopefully he cuts down on the brain snaps and can tackle when called upon. Just have to balance the rest of the pack around him and it should be a little easier to do with Vaughan and TPJ coming and someone like Patolo continuing to step up.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You overrate the 100m, you have been going on about it all year haha. Low workrate, lack of effort plays, a stack of errors and penalties, etc. We were never anywhere near dominant enough in the middle of the park and he performed like a bench player playing too many minutes and was a liability. Comes on, makes one of two decent runs and then churns out mediocre shit for the rest of his spell.

But yes, he's a backrower and I always stuck by that. He's far better running out wide and always has been since his NYC days at the Roosters. He's a strike player, has the pace to take advantage of the space out wide and the power to break through tackles. Defence and workrate are the issue, he can pace himself a little better out wide so hopefully he cuts down on the brain snaps and can tackle when called upon. Just have to balance the rest of the pack around him and it should be a little easier to do with Vaughan and TPJ coming and someone like Patolo continuing to step up.
bTUIESV.gif

Last edited: