News ‘Young and dumb’: Xerri opens up on drugs ban and plan to ‘prove everyone wrong’ in NRL return

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even if the second part of your statement were true, which it isn't, Reed would still be 0/4 in those categories. Signing him on big money when we could have kept JMK on the cheap is an embarrassment, fam.
JMK finished on the same amount of try assists and line break assists as Reed and played 10 less games this Season

If we wanna look at furthe stats. Reed av 5.5 missed tackles per game to JMKs 3. Reed av 1.2 errors per game to JMKs 0.3

No matter which way u wanna look at it, the Mahoney to JMK trade has been a total failure. Throw in we paying Reed double what Phins pay JMK and the whole situation is a horror show for us

JMK was our Peponis medalist last yr for christs sake

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
JMK finished on the same amount of try assists and line break assists as Reed and played 10 less games this Season

If we wanna look at furthe stats. Reed av 5.5 missed tackles per game to JMKs 3. Reed av 1.2 errors per game to JMKs 0.3

No matter which way u wanna look at it, the Mahoney to JMK trade has been a total failure. Throw in we paying Reed double what Phins pay JMK and the whole situation is a horror show for us

Alright des Hasler.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

It is honestly one of the worst recruitment / retention decisions in the club's history.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
It is well said bro. You know about Roids I can tell, you know most here are misinformed and believe u just jab ur ass and don’t have to work hard to get results, you know xerri was a scapegoat
I was on roids a few years back but didn’t do anything. I was pumping that stuff three times a day and was still the same just made me sick.
You know what did help? When I joined a gym (well actually piggybacked my friends account) and started working out.
Sometimes tours world sometimes it doesn’t

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
If you had said Napa, Woods or Foran your statement would have held some cred but alas you missed.
I said one of....and that absolutely stands. Reed was an embarrassment to the jersey this year and JMK is a great young talent with plenty of upside. Foran wasn't a bad signing, it was just bad luck he spent so much time injured. You'd take him if you could get him on the field.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
JMK actually considered one of them syd in the comp this season

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I said one of....and that absolutely stands. Reed was an embarrassment to the jersey this year and JMK is a great young talent with plenty of upside. Foran wasn't a bad signing, it was just bad luck he spent so much time injured. You'd take him if you could get him on the field.
I was not a fan of JMK so I was not fussed when he left. We have had such a poor forward pack this year, no one and I mean no one would have shined around them or behind them. Wait until next year and see what it brings.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I was not a fan of JMK so I was not fussed when he left. We have had such a poor forward pack this year, no one and I mean no one would have shined around them or behind them. Wait until next year and see what it brings.
D/w Uleh our pack of King, Patolo, Kikau, Preston and Mann will allow Reee to shine

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
We had an arguably worse forward pack last year and JMK did shine.... so much so that he won the Peponis medal. Reed could and should have done much better. We give him the captaincy and he responds with that dross.

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We had an arguably worse forward pack last year and JMK did shine.... so much so that he won the Peponis medal. Reed could and should have done much better. We give him the captaincy and he responds with that dross.
JMK also didn’t put his body on the line every week due to injuries and lack of forwards!

You give Mahoney so much shit, when infact he was a hard working little **** this yr.

Yes he made stupid decisions, but he played with his heart

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
JMK also didn’t put his body on the line every week due to injuries and lack of forwards!

You give Mahoney so much shit, when infact he was a hard working little **** this yr.

Yes he made stupid decisions, but he played with his heart
Ahh the Reed Mahoney propaganda circus rolls on. He missed more then five tackles a game, played with no brain and didn't work harder than any other player in the comp. Nowhere near good enough for a bloke who is supposed to lead the team.

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ahh the Reed Mahoney propaganda circus rolls on. He missed more then five tackles a game, played with no brain and didn't work harder than any other player in the comp. Nowhere near good enough for a bloke who is supposed to lead the team.
You should know by now you can't criticise any of the clubs biggest earners they're infallible in the eyes of many.

I think allot of fans are just looking for positives in areas where they're really not warranted just for the sake of it. Reed was painful to watch, borderline garbage the 2nd half of the year.

For the money he's on, he's a shocker

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And it will continue to roll on. Like flopagan rolled on when he signed with st merge.. off to their forum you go, as I stated he had shockers but you can’t discredit his passion

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
And it will continue to roll on. Like flopagan rolled on when he signed with st merge.. off to their forum you go, as I stated he had shockers but you can’t discredit his passion
You can try to deflect with Flano as much as you like. It doesn't change the fact he sucked this year and he only has passion for himself.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He also made the 6th highest tackles in the NRL and averaged over 40 tackles per game. For a small guy defending in the middle tackling at 40/45 or almost 90% isn’t too bad a stat. Don’t forget that we probably made the most tackles out of any other team due to stupid errors and giving the ball away constantly… so it’s a given that any player would miss tackles under fatigue… time to get off his back and stop giving out biased views when there is no substance behind it. As a club, we have way bigger problems to worry about than Reed Mahoney

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He also made the 6th highest tackles in the NRL and averaged over 40 tackles per game. For a small guy defending in the middle tackling at 40/45 or almost 90% isn’t too bad a stat. Don’t forget that we probably made the most tackles out of any other team due to stupid errors and giving the ball away constantly… so it’s a given that any player would miss tackles under fatigue… time to get off his back and stop giving out biased views when there is no substance behind it. As a club, we have way bigger problems to worry about than Reed Mahoney
Lol no substance? There's no justification for defending him. There's no excuse for a hooker to defend as badly as Reed did this year. He is not as big a problem as Ciraldo, but he's up there, IMO. He seems really up himself, too.