News ‘Know what it takes’: Reynolds opens up on pursuit of huge Bulldogs homecoming`

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
can we go into the season with Flanagan as our primary halfback ?
I think Flanagan will be the primary halfback (for better or worse), but whether Reynolds is offered anything will depend on:
* His form (obviously);
* How quickly BBO is recovering;
* Which junior (if any) is shaping up as a possible option;
* If they think Nu Brown or Perham can cover the role this year; or
* If they think they want his experience.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s funny how the only positive articles we get are about this mug making a comeback because the media knows if he plays we are screwed
This might be a chicken before egg question, but did you hate Reynolds before or after you hated Lewis..?:tearsofjoy:

judyisapunk

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Our offer was competitive, ~$400k was about what a quality NRL 5/8 was paid back then with a $6m Cap (changed to $9m in 2018). The Tiger's offer wasn't "overs" it was farkin stupid money.

Always a Bulldog
I don't recall us trying to keep him but I will take your word for it. All I remember is that we still wanted Foran

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think Flanagan will be the primary halfback (for better or worse), but whether Reynolds is offered anything will depend on:
* His form (obviously);
* How quickly BBO is recovering;
* Which junior (if any) is shaping up as a possible option;
* If they think Nu Brown or Perham can cover the role this year; or
* If they think they want his experience.
All the above reasons makes Reynolds the perfect candidate for top 30 squad.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He was stifling our attack.. there's a reason the club did not put forward a competitive offer.
Exactly, the same reason we couldn't keep Jammer , klemmer Mbye . . . Because hassler had fucked our cap, To the extent weren't in a position to even attract anyone to the club, because of that debacle for some time

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The possibilities are there for all to see,
I believe the 10% is the likeliest and the reason, can we go into the season with Flanagan as our primary halfback ?
Unless we sign George Williams for 2023 !
Maybe we will sign Nathan Cleary :tearsofjoy:

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Exactly, the same reason we couldn't keep Jammer , klemmer Mbye . . . Because hassler had fucked our cap, To the extent weren't in a position to even attract anyone to the club, because of that debacle for some time
And he and the other stooges got away with murder. Should have been charged under sabotage imo.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He might play 5/8th.
Luai's due several brain explosions before game 1 (to be fair, only tiny, just like his brain). He might be suspended, injured, out of form, or just out of favour by then.
he only playes if luai is injured, you know what freddy is like

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don’t think he’s a messiah or anything great but my patience for Flanagan is so worn out I’d prefer Reynolds play 7!
Ideally I’d love Rajab to just be put in at 7 and we start building for the future. He plays eyes up and with energy, we don’t have the skill levels or X factor to beat the top teams consistently but enthusiasm takes teams a long way.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anyone of us believe Gus & CC are handing out top 30 jerseys for fun...Think again !
I've always believed JR would have been a super-sub, I haven't changed my opinion but I am always prepared for a nice surprise :-)
Im not expecting him to get a top 30 spot. Moreso that he may get a chance after round 11, or if there are injuries that need covering. But I guess it depends how all of our halves train over the next couple of months. And how he trains I suppose.