News ‘It was pretty ordinary’: Bulldogs players break ranks over Ciraldo’s ‘shark bait’ punishment

CCC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I get RFM wanting to back the players, fair enough he feels this is his duty as club captain, but he’s gotta understand he’s the root cause of the problem now. From everything that I have heard and been told, he’s the one that’s created this. I really hope the player on mental health leave doesn’t become a pawn in this. He’s still young and a decade of footy ahead of him.
RFM must be a dumb as a plank of wood

CCC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Players unsigned for next year (there are a few) would likely have a bad attitude knowing they won't be resigned by us (and likely nobody else) just throwing mud. The quicker they fuck off the better

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
There's zero logic in that, he rebuilt the Chooks (they were a basket case) and Penrith (they were next to bankrupt) and set the Warriors on the course of using their pathways that they had been letting go to Union. Looks far more like a builder to anyone not blinded by hatred of Gould.

That's Super League versus the ARL war, Gould was aligned with the ARL (and Packer) hence convincing players to not join Super League was totally understandable.

Maybe a fact check;

Tony Grimaldi retired at the end of 2006, did Gould cause that?
Adem Perry Retired in 2007, did Gould cause that?
Brent Sherwin went to Castelford in 2008, did Gould recruit him?
Roy Asotasi went to Souths in 2007, did Gould recruit him?
SBW deserted to Union in 2008, did Gould cause that?
Reni Maitua went to Cronulla in 2008, did Gould recruit him?

The facts say the "decimation of our roster" was hardly any of Gould's doing. The vast majority were simply quality players that we couldn't afford to keep or players that wanted to retire.

SBW's handshake agreement was with Politis, who he had a strong (family like) relationship with. Gould had zero to do with it, he was at Penrith by then.

Weidler is a muck raking journalist, always was, he looked for and made his reputation on the "bad news" stories, not just us but any club.

It's not relevant and factually inaccurate anyway.

Are you seriously suggesting that Gould is leaking to Rothfield, you are farking delusional.

Always a Bulldog
lol sorriest shittest post by a Gould apologist

he didn’t rebuild Sydney roosters, they improved after he left, Penrith improved after he left and they reversed some of his decisions, it seems like getting rid of Gould is the way to bring success to a club

Anasta, Nate Myles, Willie Mason and Mark Omeley were the roosters defections and he was not at Penrith yet in 2008 ffs, get it right the handshake deal was done in 2008

when I get home I’ll produce the news article when Ricky Stuart talked about Gould trying to steal awayother bulldogs and Stuart saying he wouldn’t do that to the club that helped him out

I’m not saying mole as in he is the specific mole in this story, but he is a mole in that he hates the non gould things about the bulldogs and resented being sacked to make way for Anderson

how can you hate weirder and love Gould, that makes no sense at all lol, that’s like only hating one of the bananas in pyjamas, like you hate b1 but love b2

weidler hates the bulldogs because Gould hates the bulldogs, now weidler is defending the bulldogs all the time, he is the Gould mouthpiece

btw I’ve never seen anyone more disgusted than when the bulldogs won the 2004 title and the cameras showed gould

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
When sonny bill broke contract, Gould blamed the nrl salary cap lol, weidler got the interview, roosters had the handshake deal with sbw in the back pocket

And don’t act like the 1995 thing was arl super league, did Gould raid Cronulla? Penrith? No he ripped us apart

when Gould used to talk about the bulldogs being a club that is best when their backs are against the wall, he said that because he noticed it when he had the bulldogs backs against the wall and they won the title in 1995, it frustrated him so he remembered it

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
To what extent was he outa line?

Just stood up for his team mate?
Made representations to coach as Club captain on behalf of young player?
Interfered with Ciro's authority?
Talked down the club to potential signings?...hiow much would they listen to RFM anyway?

We just dont know about the truth around this rumour either. I'm waiting for more info from Gus and Ciro who have already said they have not been approached by any players?
Really? As club captain he should have reinforced the values of our club coach and told them, "if you want to win games and play in a successful team you need to listen to your coach, stop moaning, and harden the fuck up!!".
Ciraldo knows what success looks like, and im not even sure RFM has played finals football. Perhaps he should better understand his role as club captain, which I assume is to drive home the importance of the clubs culture, the culture that Ciraldo is pushing to install in the players. Instead RFM say, "your right bro, chur for sharing bro. You shouldn't have to train so hard for that 200k + salary. I will have a chat to the boss. Chur".

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Come on, lafam. That ain't cool.

Flano was one of two guys who played with the right attitude and energy on the weekend, and still you implicate him as a possible snitch? He may not be what you want in a player, but even Ciraldo has said his attitude and response to getting dropped was great. I wish people would stop blaming him for stuff he is not responsible for. It's so clear from the way he played on Sunday that he is not the problem.

Geez, and people wonder why I hyperbolically talked the guy up for so long lol
He has cried to the media before.

Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Pretty ordinary is what some of these players dished up to us fans for most of the season, particularly the second half.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When sonny bill broke contract, Gould blamed the nrl salary cap lol, weidler got the interview, roosters had the handshake deal with sbw in the back pocket

And don’t act like the 1995 thing was arl super league, did Gould raid Cronulla? Penrith? No he ripped us apart

when Gould used to talk about the bulldogs being a club that is best when their backs are against the wall, he said that because he noticed it when he had the bulldogs backs against the wall and they won the title in 1995, it frustrated him so he remembered it

During the 95 finals run Gus tipped us in every game. He was commentating during the time.

Check out the audio v Brisbane.

It’s only a matter of time before a Dean Pay or a Darren Britt pops an offload here.

At the end of the raiders game Ray Warren mentioned Gus was pretty much the only one on the planet that tipped us.

If you are going to do research then don’t base it all on your agenda.

They are relentless. That’s what he kept saying. He loved the Gillies final try v Canberra.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

I love the way you just keep coming back after so many members on The Kennel embarrass you over and over again.

No matter how many times you are proven wrong you just keep going like reality doesn't matter and it will change. Like the sky will turn green.

No pride, no self-esteem and no clue.

You are definitely one of a kind.

Don't ever change.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Really? As club captain he should have reinforced the values of our club coach and told them, "if you want to win games and play in a successful team you need to listen to your coach, stop moaning, and harden the fuck up!!".
Ciraldo knows what success looks like, and im not even sure RFM has played finals football. Perhaps he should better understand his role as club captain, which I assume is to drive home the importance of the clubs culture, the culture that Ciraldo is pushing to install in the players. Instead RFM say, "your right bro, chur for sharing bro. You shouldn't have to train so hard for that 200k + salary. I will have a chat to the boss. Chur".
And you know this for a fact?

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A353A1F6-E4D8-4319-A3C3-5A13FFC6DFCD.jpegCan anyone post this ? Can they name and shame this Fucken toss already??????

Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Honestly, I have more respect for CC knowing that even though all this drama was going on and it would have been tempting to call players out more publicly, he kept it in-house for the most part and realized he didn’t have many attractive short term options.

I feel much better now knowing what the approach is going forward. Obviously he still needs to pull it off..

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What has been lost here is most of you guys are believing word for word the circumstances of the situation as told to you by journos. Then believing some account by a bloody journo who hates the club recounting some imaginary anonymous player.
you’re missing an important aspect here. Based on the various accounts of what transpired, at least 10 current and former players and coaches have defended our coach’s actions, so even if it was less serious than what they say, the point is, judging by all these comments since Ciro’s interview, it’s not unusual and not bullying or cruel or whatever else the media called it. Cameron Smith and Denan Kemp on their show, Dylan Edwards, Trent Robinson, Tallis, Anasta, the list goes on.

It doesn’t matter if what has been reported is true or exaggerated. Because even the exaggerated report if it’s that, has been defended by numerous sources outside of our club.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
During the 95 finals run Gus tipped us in every game. He was commentating during the time.

Check out the audio v Brisbane.

It’s only a matter of time before a Dean Pay or a Darren Britt pops an offload here.

At the end of the raiders game Ray Warren mentioned Gus was pretty much the only one on the planet that tipped us.

If you are going to do research then don’t base it all on your agenda.

They are relentless. That’s what he kept saying. He loved the Gillies final try v Canberra.
oh ok he tried to rip the club apart twice but it’s ok because he had some good words for us on commentary in 1995?

those good words and tipping us is also working to our detriment, skipbayliss tips LeBron to sweep a series not because he likes LeBron but because he wants to raise expectations for LeBron so that he can say he failed if they lose

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
more evidence of gould trying to fuck over the bulldogs, asking ricky to get thurston to break his contract with us ffs

Gould wrote yesterday: "When Stuart left the Bulldogs to coach the Roosters he was asked if he could coax a young Johnathan Thurston to switch with him. Stuart abruptly rejected the proposal."

The criticism, and Stuart's response, reveal much about both men.

"When it was mentioned to me at the time about bringing Johnathan across I said I would not do that to Canterbury, a club that had been good to me as a player and also in my first year as a coach," Stuart said.

"I said I'm not going to ask Johnathan to break a two-year deal."

When Thurston was later off-contract, Gould again questioned Stuart's decision to reject approaching him.

"When that opportunity arrived we had Brett Finch at halfback and Brad Fittler at five-eighth and no room for Johnathan, who had to play first grade.

"That was the reason he was leaving Canterbury, because he couldn't get a first grade spot."
He said Gould's animosity was based on jealousy.

then for all you assholes who think he was just doing the best for his club the roosters, here he is trying to get souths to up their offer to thurston, so he was also doing what was best for the main rival to his club and obviously the main goal is to again fuck us, just like he did in 1995, just like he did in 2007 and 2008 and tried to do in 2002

Thurston also had interest from the Rabbitohs. Former Bulldogs forward, Paul Dunn, was the South Sydney CEO chief executive, offering Thurston $120,000 a year, almost double what he was on at Canterbury.

Phil Gould was a close friend and adviser to Dunn and advised him to bump the offer up to $200,000 and that he wouldn’t regret it.