News ‘It was pretty ordinary’: Bulldogs players break ranks over Ciraldo’s ‘shark bait’ punishment

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol what if it isn't even RFM and we're all shitting on the poor guy for nothing.
another dude here has posted and said that rfm has spoke up for a player who thought he was getting worked over.

rfm also “hasn’t asked for a release”

Two things in the current circumstances makes me believe it’s rfm

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
But that’s the important point: they’ve always had the talent. And it looks like they have buy in from the senior players this year. Two things we are lacking.
Yeah true to a point.I guess you gotta manage with what you got..but I mean the side that Dogs had on Sunday was not a bad side to be honest.. 3 Origin players, 1 English international, 1 Fijian international, Mahoney is probably third in line for a Queensland number 9 jumper.. That’s a fair sprinkling of talent.. Granted the guys have not been available for a lot of the season but they were available on Sunday.. yet the Doggies were lacklustre and no enthusiasm..

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Kyle being dropped was quite a while ago. And with multiple games in the season the coach would have to try to keep him motivated. He should want to be motivated himself he doesn’t have a contract for next year! Im struggling to see how that rules him out of being responsible for the recent leaks to the media ??

I have my reason for why I believe it’s him la fam but the good news is it won’t matter too much after this week if it is him.
Lol you really think if it were him, he'd still be getting picked in the side? Come on, lafam, you know you're taking the pee pee.

Last edited:

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly. I'd be suprised if it wasn't TPJ not RFM or Nu.

Hasn't played since it all broke.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Honestly. I'd be suprised if it wasn't TPJ not RFM or Nu.

Hasn't played since it all broke.
Ciro just hasn't picked him this week at all. Did he fly up with the team? No farewell game even. Wondering if he will be at Mad Monday or on the plane back to Brisbane for good.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have to say, thank goodness young Flanagans gone in about a week, I’m so over that whole fiasco and tired old argument …

Every for and against argument over the last 3 years can now be very simply summed up this way ..

In probably one of the most depleted markets the Nrl has ever seen, and in a market where there’s clubs crying out for a good 7 … even maybe a good back up or bench 9 …. considering he’s unsigned, how many clubs have offered him a contract ???

That speaks volumes and answers pretty much every argument over the last few years …

Reactions: CCC

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
gus gould was jealous of the club and spent a long time trying to ruin it, i have no idea why people think he should be the rebuilder

first at the nswrl during the 90's when he signed contracted key bulldogs players away under the cover of saving them from super league (he tried to sign them all away), then as a director at the roosters, ricky stuart talked about how he pushed back against gus wishes to raid the bulldogs but once he was replaced by gould puppet fitler that became a concerted effort to decimate our rooster in 2007 and 2008

i even think gus has his fingerprints on the sbw departure, sonny in 2008 had a handshake agreement to join the roosters when he returned to the nrl, gus got him for an exclusive interview earlier that year and used nine network danny weidler to justify his decision and trash folkes and the club

danny weidler is close to gould and could be described as his mouthpiece, if you recall back then he used every opportunity to tarnish the bulldogs

edit: sorry i forgot to say why this post is relevant to the topic

so if they are looking for the mole then look no further than gould, he is the mole that tore down the bulldogs

Last edited:

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
gus gould was jealous of the club and spent a long time trying to ruin it, i have no idea why people think he should be the rebuilder

first at the nswrl during the 90's when he signed contracted key bulldogs players away under the cover of saving them from super league (he tried to sign them all away), then as a director at the roosters, ricky stuart talked about how he pushed back against gus wishes to raid the bulldogs but once he was replaced by gould puppet fitler that became a concerted effort to decimate our rooster in 2007 and 2008

i even think gus has his fingerprints on the sbw departure, sonny in 2008 had a handshake agreement to join the roosters when he returned to the nrl, gus got him for an exclusive interview earlier that year and used nine network danny weidler to justify his decision and trash folkes and the club

danny weidler is close to gould and could be described as his mouthpiece, if you recall back then he used every opportunity to tarnish the bulldogs

edit: sorry i forgot to say why this post is relevant to the topic

so if they are looking for the mole then look no further than gould, he is the mole that tore down the bulldogs
This is an out there take - even for you bro

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The only people I've heard making anything about this are the media, and the cry baby players who obviously don't want to work hard.

Here's a thought don't be late lol. Pretty easy.

Instead wanna have a cry and get some other lazy useless pricks to have a cry for you and spread the gossip.

J_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm reading about the decline of so many Bulldogs players under CC. I really don't see that. I see a defensive decline that has its heart in 1 thing; loss of confidence in teammates. Across the field, as a defender, if you lose confidence in 2 or 3 people, then your structures are gone. You either double-team easy 1:1 tackles because you don't trust he'll hit and stick (thereby leaving a gap elsewhere) or you don't bother because you know he'll miss and embarrass you both anyway. It produces predictable results. That Canberra try. Either Kiks gives Thommo no hope of getting there, or expects him to do his job and he's not there anyway. Irrespective, 1 bad defensive effort, followed by another soon after in that game becomes a culture over numerous games, behavioural on the field.

Where they have played well, no one is doubting their skillfulness or effort. I see a badly fractured playing group, with 1 faction led by cowards, leaking to the media on the condition of anonymity, while Gus and CC have to front the media almost daily at the moment. I hope someone outs the leakers and see how they go finding new clubs. The guy that left (whoever he is) saying he just didn't like being there?!?! Happy days friend, don't come back, you won't be missed.

These punishments are nothing new and I don't buy that "new-age" BS. When I played, I missed a very famous (already) schoolboy footballer. My coach made me do burpees till I wretched. I still missed him next time, but I turned and chased and hunted him down till I got him. My coach simply nodded at me after the game and said "same next time please". This is a brutal, rugged, hard men's sport. You simply can't compete if you are weak physically or mentally. This idea that gentle wins?! By all means move with the times, but these men need to be elite, and that comes with very hard training
100%

Rebuilding Phase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope Ray doesn’t even make the trip over to QLD to watch the boys in their last game. The last few months he’s only brought bullshit energy on and off the field.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah true to a point.I guess you gotta manage with what you got..but I mean the side that Dogs had on Sunday was not a bad side to be honest.. 3 Origin players, 1 English international, 1 Fijian international, Mahoney is probably third in line for a Queensland number 9 jumper.. That’s a fair sprinkling of talent.. Granted the guys have not been available for a lot of the season but they were available on Sunday.. yet the Doggies were lacklustre and no enthusiasm..
Don’t disagree we have what should be talent in 4-5 players…perhaps not the buy in though

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Funny how Topine, Nu and RFM are trying their absolute best to make the club look bad but no one’s buying it. Every single past player and the commentators are not buying what they’re trying to sell. They’re more irritated that they’re being moles and leaking this stuff. Like they’ve all said and will continue to say if it’s too hard there’s the door.
With all due respect, how do you know it's these guys causing all these problems? Do you have you any solid proof?

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
With all due respect, how do you know it's these guys causing all these problems? Do you have you any solid proof?
Quote in todays' article re: a player who left the club. Well it has to be a player who has left THIS season, because Ciraldo was not there.

Only 2 players that can be who have left on a mid-season transfer: Davey and Brown. So there's a 50/50 chance we're right here. Edit* - 4 if you include Allan and Schoupp, but that was far too early in CC's tenure.

RFM's manager is absolutely filthy we're trying to move him on. The club have confirmed he is free to look elsewhere, at least according to the DT.

The player "leaving training" incident happened several weeks ago. Do me a favor - look at the team lists between Cup and FG and see which player has not been named for a few weeks, despite not having any injuries (at least in the injury update). Also - that is not to suggest Topine has thrown mud at the club. He's clearly battling with some mental demons here.. so I am not willing to say 100% that he is mud slinging.

If you do the math, you will get your answer.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Don’t disagree we have what should be talent in 4-5 players…perhaps not the buy in though
Yeah..I reckon next year will be the one that should be judged..see how that goes..