News ‘It was pretty ordinary’: Bulldogs players break ranks over Ciraldo’s ‘shark bait’ punishment

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Lol relax bro Flanno hates the wrestling sessions and I wouldn’t be surprised at all if the comments came from him. Stick up for him all you like it doesn’t change my view. He needs to play with energy and intension he’s off contract.
Dude, Ciraldo made a point of praising his attitude after he was dropped. No way it's him. So what if he doesn't like the wrestling sessions....I'm sure nobody enjoys them. If they were enjoyable, it would defeat the purpose.

You're entitled to your view. Just pointing out it's wrong :P

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Does anyone even know what the regular go is in these wrestling sessions?

Do they walk in wrestle one person and walk out, do they all sit around in a circle and watch as everyone goes one for one, is wrestling a number of players one after the other part of the normal session to build up skill and strength, is it a 3 minutes to pin a person type stuff, is wrestling 22 players one after the other as brutal as they’re making it out to be?

If you asked the journos these questions 99% wouldn’t have a clue what even goes on.

More to the point though, has anyone seen any of these wrestling techniques help with our defence, has any of it transitioned onto the field?

Genuinely would like to know because from what I’m seeing it looks like a giant waste of time ..
Ciraldo ties both ends of a 30cm cord around the opposing players' nut sacks until circulation is cut off, then gets them to sumo wrestle. That way no matter who gets the better of things, everybody loses.

Way to instil a winning culture lololol

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Already posted this article in an existing thread yesterday.

You just couldn't help yourself could you dweeble :tearsofjoy:

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The players allegedly breaking ranks with their comments are conveniently not named. So we've just got to have trust in the honesty of the media on this. I'd rather leave my dinner with a hungry dog and ask it to watch it for me.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Dude, Ciraldo made a point of praising his attitude after he was dropped. No way it's him. So what if he doesn't like the wrestling sessions....I'm sure nobody enjoys them. If they were enjoyable, it would defeat the purpose.

You're entitled to your view. Just pointing out it's wrong :P
Look neither of us will truely know who the mole is unless it’s leaked. But if you look past your blind loyalty to the failed first grader that is Kyle “the cap gun” Flanagan there is some circumstantial evidence that points to him.

Once again Kyle doesn’t have a contract yet for next year so he needs to show a positive attitude in the hope that somebody will offer him a gig. We all know that outside of his dad this is unlikely. A couple of parting shots from Kyle incoming.. just as he did when he got the ass from the roosters.

PeteHazz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Or maybe a total loss of confidence in the coaches ability to coach?
I would have said that in the tbaz era, they looked lost all season. Their effort was better, but their attack was nowhere. While our attack isn't setting the world on fire, it's not what it was then.

CC hasn't managed the player rift/setting standards well. Either he is a poor coach and in time there will be nowhere to hide, or he really does have slim pickings and will be vindicated with a better roster.

Either way, we'll see in time

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Look neither of us will truely know who the mole is unless it’s leaked. But if you look past your blind loyalty to the failed first grader that is Kyle “the cap gun” Flanagan there is some circumstantial evidence that points to him.

Once again Kyle doesn’t have a contract yet for next year so he needs to show a positive attitude in the hope that somebody will offer him a gig. We all know that outside of his dad this is unlikely. A couple of parting shots from Kyle incoming.. just as he did when he got the ass from the roosters.
He was released one year into a multi-year deal with the roosters because he didn't turn out to be Cronk 2.0 and Robinson has no patience. He had every right to complain about the way he was treated there. It set his career and confidence back in a big way.

As I said, Ciraldo has had nothing but good things to say about his attitude... and he is being allowed to see out his contract here, so it's not really a comparable situation. Also, leaking stuff to the media would hardly be a good way to go about showing your worth to another club. You can bet word gets around as to where the info is coming from and other clubs take not of it.

I think the only 'evidence' pointing to the idea it might be Flano is the fact you obviously don't like him, lafam.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Finally some common sense. We have one or two moles leaking things to the media, and because of that, fans are assuming the whole playing group is soft and lacks a winning mentality, despite the fact we have recruited a number of players from winning cultures and they look as disinterested and unenthused as anybody.

You can't keep blaming the players when players who have proven they can be winners are being dragged down by the team culture rather than lifting it up.

There's a huge issue with Ciraldo. Players just don't seem to be buying into what he is trying to do... and that's gonna sap morale.
Only need to look at Andrew Webster at the Warriors.. Guy has turned a team around that has always had talent but lacked discipline and focus..and he has got Shaun Johnston* back to his brilliant best..

edit Johnson

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Only need to look at Andrew Webster at the Warriors.. Guy has turned a team around that has always had talent but lacked discipline and focus..and he has got Shaun Johnston back to his brilliant best..
Exactly.... I don't care how much noise the media makes about the players. When almost the whole team isn't buying in, you've got yourself a coaching issue.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
He was released one year into a multi-year deal with the roosters because he didn't turn out to be Cronk 2.0 and Robinson has no patience. He had every right to complain about the way he was treated there. It set his career and confidence back in a big way.

As I said, Ciraldo has had nothing but good things to say about his attitude... and he is being allowed to see out his contract here, so it's not really a comparable situation. Also, leaking stuff to the media would hardly be a good way to go about showing your worth to another club. You can bet word gets around as to where the info is coming from and other clubs take not of it.

I think the only 'evidence' pointing to the idea it might be Flano is the fact you obviously don't like him, lafam.
You are free to your opinion no matter how warped it is la fam… Kyle had the best of the best around him at the roosters. He also had the opposite at the dogs but the results of his performances were similar. Long after he was gone from the roosters he was still having little digs at Robbo etc. in the media …he just loves the media and he’ll do the same with us no doubt. In fact he already is :tearsofjoy:

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They will find out who it is it seems like in the last week it’s all come to shit Gus will get the info and the club will have to piss who ever it is off .

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
You are free to your opinion no matter how warped it is la fam… Kyle had the best of the best around him at the roosters. He also had the opposite at the dogs but the results of his performances were similar. Long after he was gone from the roosters he was still having little digs at Robbo etc. in the media …he just loves the media and he’ll do the same with us no doubt. In fact he already is :tearsofjoy:
What digs has he taken at us? Sorry, but you clearly have an axe to grind. Walker had the best players around him too. There's a pattern of well regarded young halves falling out of favour at the roosters. Blind Freddy could see it.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
What digs has he taken at us? Sorry, but you clearly have an axe to grind. Walker had the best players around him too. There's a pattern of well regarded young halves falling out of favour at the roosters. Blind Freddy could see it.
Walker played well on the weekend and getting ready for a tilt at the finals if they win this weekend.. maybe game of the round . Are there more examples? I don’t have an axe to grind I have an opinion on who I think the mole is. 2 very different things la fam. And it might matter a lot to you to protect baby Kyle from any criticism but I suggest having a more relaxed approach and not taking it personally. I wish yourself and Kyle all the best next year. Namaste

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Walker played well on the weekend and getting ready for a tilt at the finals if they win this weekend.. maybe game of the round . Are there more examples? I don’t have an axe to grind I have an opinion on who I think the mole is. 2 very different things la fam. And it might matter a lot to you to protect baby Kyle from any criticism but I suggest having a more relaxed approach and not taking it personally. I wish yourself and Kyle all the best next year. Namaste
Still sat out half the season despite clearly being the best option… which just shows what a spud Robinson is. Thanks for proving my point.

I'm perfectly relaxed, baby! You have your opinion, and I am pointing out that it is a pretty shit opinion and there’s no logic to support it. A point you have once again demonstrated by failing to produce an example of Kyle badmouthing our club, which you previously claimed he has done.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only need to look at Andrew Webster at the Warriors.. Guy has turned a team around that has always had talent but lacked discipline and focus..and he has got Shaun Johnston* back to his brilliant best..

edit Johnson
But that’s the important point: they’ve always had the talent. And it looks like they have buy in from the senior players this year. Two things we are lacking.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I read the players in question are on their knees and they don't class the first player beaten until they are on their back..
This is what my daughters coach used to do. The only ones who didn’t like it were those that were 40kg wringing wet. And being juniors he only did it one on one, maybe did king (queen?) of the ring once or twice.

I’ll be amazed if one session of this was the reason a player left. It pales to insignificance compared to other training, let alone a game.

Maybe all the other players were bullying him about how bad he was at the drill and it wasn’t reigned in by coaches. Even then, quitting?

There’s something else at play. if there’s a genuine mental health issue, likely stems from something else entirely.

If there’s players/ex-players talking about how bad it was, that speaks volumes about how shit fitness training has been for the last few years. Any player should be able to do 4min of wrestle on their ear.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Still sat out half the season despite clearly being the best option… which just shows what a spud Robinson is. Thanks for proving my point.

I'm perfectly relaxed, baby! You have your opinion, and I am pointing out that it is a pretty shit opinion and there’s no logic to support it. A point you have once again demonstrated by failing to produce an example of Kyle badmouthing our club, which you previously claimed he has done.
That’s cool la fam I think your opinion belongs in the toilet but I don’t think you are being legitimate anyway just having some fun on a forum. Lol @ relaxed but has to reply to anyone who says anything slightly ill about baby Kyle :tearsofjoy:

Asking for evidence of why I have formed my opinion on Kyle being the mole but your defence is Ciro said he had a good attitude to being dropped earlier in the year! Haha

If it every comes out who the mole was and it definitely wasn’t Kyle well you have my apology because it obviously means a lot to you. Namaste

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
That’s cool la fam I think your opinion belongs in the toilet but I don’t think you are being legitimate anyway just having some fun on a forum. Lol @ relaxed but has to reply to anyone who says anything slightly ill about baby Kyle :tearsofjoy:

Asking for evidence of why I have formed my opinion on Kyle being the mole but your defence is Ciro said he had a good attitude to being dropped earlier in the year! Haha

If it every comes out who the mole was and it definitely wasn’t Kyle well you have my apology because it obviously means a lot to you. Namaste
You think it's likely Ciraldo would publicly praise the attitude of someone who is trying to undermine him? Or you think it's likely Ciraldo isn't aware of who is trying to undermine him? Still trying to wrap my head around your argument, baby!

And I will always defend my boiz.... but in a chill, super cool way.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
You think it's likely Ciraldo would publicly praise the attitude of someone who is trying to undermine him? Or you think it's likely Ciraldo isn't aware of who is trying to undermine him? Still trying to wrap my head around your argument, baby!

And I will always defend my boiz.... but in a chill, super cool way.
Kyle being dropped was quite a while ago. And with multiple games in the season the coach would have to try to keep him motivated. He should want to be motivated himself he doesn’t have a contract for next year! Im struggling to see how that rules him out of being responsible for the recent leaks to the media ??

I have my reason for why I believe it’s him la fam but the good news is it won’t matter too much after this week if it is him.