News ‘It was pretty ordinary’: Bulldogs players break ranks over Ciraldo’s ‘shark bait’ punishment

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He is a massive part of this like it or not, this putrid shit has been under his watch.

Selection, positioning and rotations have been fkn rubbish off the bat.
Agree but we don't know whether or not some selections are based on the identity of the whiners.

You are a coach *( congrats by the way) albeit of the younger brigade, but if you had someone questioning your decisions and talking out of school would you pick them? I am sure that you would be asking certain things of the boys, be at training on time etc.

Malla

Reaction score
I get RFM wanting to back the players, fair enough he feels this is his duty as club captain, but he’s gotta understand he’s the root cause of the problem now. From everything that I have heard and been told, he’s the one that’s created this. I really hope the player on mental health leave doesn’t become a pawn in this. He’s still young and a decade of footy ahead of him.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
CC is so lucky, all the attention off of how bad he has coached and selected the team lmao.
Thats a part of all this no doubt.

We maybe have to realise that now the whole playing group might think it looks like they have been thrown under the so called bus and they might not appreciate it.

We might not get the rebound effect we hoped for against the Titans. If they are even worse, it probably tells us the players are pissed off with the way this has been handled.

I'm hoping the air has been cleared and they can move on from here.

Sunday we will see how it has gone over and whether they want to put in for CC at least a bit better.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Player are driving the standards at south’s, how is that working out?? And you say I am delusional :laughing: :laughing:
They aren't driving good standards. Don't confuse Souths with what we should be striving for in consultation with the HC.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I really believe he has been delivered the Holy Grail here, I can see the players laughing at his sudden tough boy antics after the Kombaya shit for the start of the year
First thing I'd ask is which is the real CC, the bare foot beta cuck or this new "hard arse".

IMO, if I were in CCs shoes, coming from Penrith, having Gus backing me and dealing with entitled little bitches pretending to be men, I would of come in with shock and awe on these fuckers.

Let's be honest, take away the performance side of a club, man management is the same between FG and JRL, you're dealing with soy boys. Facts are bullying and being a man is "toxic masculinity" these days.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Agree but we don't know whether or not some selections are based on the identity of the whiners.

You are a coach *( congrats by the way) albeit of the younger brigade, but if you had someone questioning your decisions and talking out of school would you pick them? I am sure that you would be asking certain things of the boys, be at training on time etc.
If you had that kind a dissent you need to deal with it straightaway tho bc you know it will be destabilising.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Other possible bitches are Flamingo, Topine and possibly Burton.
Agreed.

Hate to say it because he's a very talented player, but Burton does have that bitch vibe about him and is definitely not putting in the effort.

It all started to go downhill with him after he signed the long term deal.

It's all very ordinary.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yep hence why I don’t get why everyone is believing everything they are hearing. The unrest through the whole club starting from nsw cup all the way to grade is not a soft cock issue…. There is a lot more that’s going on behind closed doors we are not getting told.
Gus is very smart when it comes to deterring negative press on himself or his decisions Aka hiring Ciro for main job. He will secretly be trying to fix this shit up but I think it’s gone too far.
You don’t have a player retiring from a 800k contract because he ‘hated nrl’… you don’t have players like pele and Nu brown getting moved on within 10-14 weeks of signing with his for no reason. You don’t have nsw cup team outright first smashing teams to then getting dismantled by wooden spooners and not making the 8…
Don't know about everyone, it's nice to see CC put on a tough guy show, but I don't believe anything he, Gus or the media says.

Talk is cheap, and we will be hearing this talk until the new season. Round 5 is ample time to see who really are the duds.

cuzza

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I already think the club is toxic...
Fuck them all.......CC, Gus, Burton, Mahoney!
Only changes will fix this.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yep hence why I don’t get why everyone is believing everything they are hearing. The unrest through the whole club starting from nsw cup all the way to grade is not a soft cock issue…. There is a lot more that’s going on behind closed doors we are not getting told.
Gus is very smart when it comes to deterring negative press on himself or his decisions Aka hiring Ciro for main job. He will secretly be trying to fix this shit up but I think it’s gone too far.
You don’t have a player retiring from a 800k contract because he ‘hated nrl’… you don’t have players like pele and Nu brown getting moved on within 10-14 weeks of signing with his for no reason. You don’t have nsw cup team outright first smashing teams to then getting dismantled by wooden spooners and not making the 8…
More to come probably till this all washes thru.

One way or another it probably all has to happen.

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
My gut instinct is flange is the one leaking to media. If the place was so bad in rfm eyes he wouldn’t of extended, flange has been a sook his whole time here, this just wreaks of a parting gift

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Can't argue with you on selections, this all may be true and is forced to select a few players he doesn't want. But his positioning and rotations are all on him.

Nearly every year you get 1 or 2 little smart arses in my teams, you have to shut them down ASAP. One of my favourite ways if getting them in line is if any player mucks up at training, then we stop drills and the whole team does a lap. They learn quickly that yeah they are mates but mates don't like doing laps because of 1 player.

Also I have always been the strictest on my son and my best mates son, a bit of mind games, gets the boys thinking if I'm tough on my son, what will I do to them lol

I've also hooked a few boys for letting the team down in defence. Plus with coming late to training, in juniors it's obviously the parents fault so they way I got around that is whoever is constantly late, I would start them off the bench.

PS my best mate and I took over training of the U20s mid season, we got 5 out of 8 wins but it was too late and missed the finals. I have to say some U20s are worse than the U11s.

Last edited:

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They aren't driving good standards. Don't confuse Souths with what we should be striving for in consultation with the HC.
Well said. I just find it puzzling that our standards have been pretty ordinary most of the year. Just why is that? Big turnover in the roster so really to a degree can't be that new coach is so different to old coach it is a problem.
Takes time to get back on an even keel, although it does not help that certain players apparently want to stir the pot. Unfortunately as we all know too well, anything that relates to the Bulldogs is always click bait and grim news a lot longer. The Souths one has gone quiet but of course we will continue to get pasted.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Agreed.

Hate to say it because he's a very talented player, but Burton does have that bitch vibe about him and is definitely not putting in the effort.

It all started to go downhill with him after he signed the long term deal.

It's all very ordinary.
Also his form and attitude have gotten worse over the last 4-5 weeks...just a coincidence?

You can tell he can and would play the victim card.

PS what pissed me off the most is that even he didn't chase his own kick. Pure bitch.

Reecek89

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fuck the rats running to the media. It’s clear as day who it is.
I applaud Ciraldo for sticking solid with punishments.
Set the standard, get rid of that clique. It’s clear they don’t like winners joining the club. Looks like we’ve gotten rid of a couple of them already

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well lets not play the guessing game on who the players are because blaming the wrong bloke is wrong. That being said I am all for Ciraldo getting a clear picture on who wants to play in this clubs jersey & fucking off the rest. If they are marquee keep the dickheads on contract and play them in reserves as we arent making the 8 next year anyway.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the way in which CC delivers the work hard / play hard concept is more of an issue than the concept itself.

Gus ripped into the Knights for making the bye round enjoyable. What's happened for them since?

Maybe Cc needs lighten up a bit and take the boys out on a piss up... should be OK, Elliot ain't at the club anymore!