News ‘I want to help their young fellas’: No backing down for Addo-Carr about Dogs switch

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
By Adam Pengilly and Adrian Proszenko

The chance to help Canterbury’s young stars of the future is one of Josh Addo-Carr’s main motivations to head to the Bulldogs as he remains optimistic about the future of Trent Barrett’s wooden-spoon favourites.

Speaking after Addo-Carr’s current club Melbourne torched his future one at Stadium Australia, one of the Bulldogs’ marquee signings for 2022 insisted he was committed to Canterbury once he finished the season with Melbourne.

“I’ve always liked helping people and the reason I want to go there is to help the young fellas and help my teammates be successful,” Addo-Carr said. “I’m trying to do that here at the Melbourne Storm. Everyone has got a part to play and I try to do my best every week.

“I have achieved a lot of things in rugby league so far, and I’m really excited for the future. I stepped out of my comfort zone moving to Melbourne and I’m stepping out of my comfort zone [going] to another club.”

Addo-Carr signed a four-year deal with the Bulldogs last December and will join Penrith’s Matt Burton as Barrett’s two biggest signings at Belmore.

Addo-Carr scored a try in the Storm’s 52-18 demolition of the Bulldogs on Saturday, the fifth straight loss for Canterbury during their winless start to the season.

Burton’s camp quickly squashed any rumours about the gun five-eighth having second thoughts about his switch to Canterbury and Addo-Carr said he remained equally committed despite the Bulldogs’ struggles this season.

“I’m actually really excited for the challenge,” Addo-Carr said. “They’ve got some great guys coming through. They’re a tough side. They’ve got some really good strike players and we [at the Storm] need to be better and more resilient. I’m excited for next year.

“I’m just going to keep focusing on what I need to do here at the Melbourne Storm and then next year will come.”

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A fantastic story
I absolutely cannot wait to see this guy in our club colours
Watching him live at the game yesterday was awesome,went looking for the ball and speed to kill
He can sniff out a try from a mile away.

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Love the Fox’s attitude. Hate how these joutnos are trying to give players second thoughts about joining the club or meeting their existing commitments to do so. The constant trawling for negative stories is just low. .

JAC is a very exciting signing. Still feeling like good times aren’t far away.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Love the Fox’s attitude. Hate how these joutnos are trying to give players second thoughts about joining the club or meeting their existing commitments to do so. The constant trawling for negative stories is just low. .

JAC is a very exciting signing. Still feeling like good times aren’t far away.
Do bear in mind numerous idjuts on here that are fuelling the fire though??

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Do bear in mind numerous idjuts on here that are fuelling the fire though??
Yeah.... the overly negative crowd on here are a bit sad too.... but to be honest, for journalists to be openly attempting to even suggest players should be thinking about reneging on contracts is extremely unprofessional. They shouldn’t be allowed to print that sort of nonsense.

Last edited:

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
2022 lookin like...

Allen /DWZ
Cotric / okunbar
Asomati / staggs? Or new buy
JAC
Burton
Flanagan

Bring it on!!

Reactions: ATT

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
2022 lookin like...

Allen /DWZ
Cotric / okunbar
Asomati / staggs? Or new buy
JAC
Burton
Flanagan

Bring it on!!
A lot on here might disagree but we’re missing Okunbor badly. I just like a big body on the wing and he makes a lot of meters. Both Cotric and Allen have not shown me anything so far to suggest they are better than Okunbor. Plus not sure why we bought Allen and let go of R.Smith. Again our problem of buying like for like players just keeps us in a hole.