News ‘I want to help their young fellas’: No backing down for Addo-Carr about Dogs switch

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A lot on here might disagree but we’re missing Okunbor badly. I just like a big body on the wing and he makes a lot of meters. Both Cotric and Allen have not shown me anything so far to suggest they are better than Okunbor. Plus not sure why we bought Allen and let go of R.Smith. Again our problem of buying like for like players just keeps us in a hole.
We are definitely missing him.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Good on Addo-Carr for shutting down bullshit rumours of him having second thoughts and actually having the conviction to take on a challenge which is rare these days, especially for rep players like him with options..

He didn't sign for us for crazy money and had several top clubs chasing him but he chose us. And now he and Burton will help make it easier to recruit quality players for next season.. So while this season is another wasted one already, at least next season will finally see us back closer to where we belong once the dead weight and passengers are cleaned out..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’m not too sure about that mate,just bring his great form to our club.
Can see Thompson being a decent captain in the future,lead from the front.
Make him captain now! Jackson never was a captain and still doesn't handle it well. Thompson is a natural born leader both through his actions and talk/energy out on the field.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We should go all out for 2 huge forward signings for next year. That would complete the turnaround
May not be a huge name but I would go after Hudson Young from Canberra. Watched some of his explosive runs vs Panthers and thought that's exactly the aggressive type of guy we need. Apparently he's off contract but I think close to re-signing according to the DT.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
A lot on here might disagree but we’re missing Okunbor badly. I just like a big body on the wing and he makes a lot of meters. Both Cotric and Allen have not shown me anything so far to suggest they are better than Okunbor. Plus not sure why we bought Allen and let go of R.Smith. Again our problem of buying like for like players just keeps us in a hole.
Okunbor’s metres is really vital for us. It gives the forwards a break and starts the sets well. If he can fix up his defence, he will be a great option the wing.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
May not be a huge name but I would go after Hudson Young from Canberra. Watched some of his explosive runs vs Panthers and thought that's exactly the aggressive type of guy we need. Apparently he's off contract but I think close to re-signing according to the DT.
Agree on Young.. I'd also take a punt on Horsburgh if cheap enough and Guler who can't make their 21 and who is a very good young monster of a prop.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He's a weapon. Sadly I think he only just extended his deal, head and shoulders above CHN

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Make him captain now! Jackson never was a captain and still doesn't handle it well. Thompson is a natural born leader both through his actions and talk/energy out on the field.
I appreciate Jacko and the fact he always puts in 100%
But relieving the captaincy could take a massive load off his mind and help his game in general.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
2022 lookin like...

Allen /DWZ
Cotric / okunbar
Asomati / staggs? Or new buy
JAC
Burton
Flanagan

Bring it on!!
Lol stages...he is staying with the donkeys stop dreaming

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad he has come out and said something , should shut people up for a month or 2 lol.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He's a weapon. Sadly I think he only just extended his deal, head and shoulders above CHN
How funny is it that CHN carried on and wanted a release for supposedly being mistreated by us etc and now Canberra are banishing him to Reserve Grade because of his drink driving charge and because their pack is so stacked he has all of these better players ahead of him?

Karma is a bitch and maybe you're not worth all of the fuss Corey!