News ‘I regret not coming back earlier’: SBW opens up on emotional Bulldogs homecoming

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
He didn't have to come back, nor did Mase. You guys should grow up. Life is a bag of sugar and shit. We take the good with the bad.
All religions preach forgiveness and redemption. Hell, when someone does something really wrong in society and get caught, they go to jail to do penance. Eventually, they are let out. We don't have to forgive them for a wrong they've done, but they've paid a price, we accept them and we help them back into society, hopefully not to reoffend.
So is it the fact that SBW paid no penance when he walked out? Is that why you all are so anti SBW?
He sounds remorseful now, tho acknowledges he was immature, maybe badly advised, but could've walked out again at that time if he had his time over. Such things are part of the fabric of life and rugby league.
He was a special gifted athlete who has achieved a lot and he played for us, and built close friendships with fellow Dogs players, and walking back in felt like home.
To me it shows the maturity of both the Club and the man that he is welcomed back and that he wants to help the young guys.
Next week he might drop in on the Roosters too and offer words of advice, sharing his memories of being there. I have no problem with that.
To offer your hand in forgiveness and friendship to a man who has done you wrong, doesn't belittle you, it shows your a man.
Welcome back SBW, hope some of your mojo rubs off on our emerging squad.
Lets not forget in his book he blamed the club for being anti-muslim - when we were one of the few clubs with a senior openly muslim first grader (and I'm sure el-masri could have gone elsewhere for bigger bucks during those years).

So when the club didn't want the young, well paid guy hanging with dckheads, he pulled the religion card. And went for bigger dollars.

That book was years later when he was supposedly 'mature'.

Yeah forgiveness is in most religions. I might forgive the dude that knocked off my house but you can fck yourself if you think I'm giving him the front door keys.

Last edited:

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Who is this Sunny Dill Bitchlims they speak of? Was she on staff at some point?