News ‘I didn’t believe it’: Rising NRL star’s cause of death revealed as paramedics recall shocking scene

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s funny as people calling for punishments etc of Des and Manly staff, are same ones calling our squad extremely unfit, poor trainers etc. Can’t have it both ways. Players need to train exceptionally hard, virtually to point of exhaustion to gain an edge. It’s just how competitive the sport is now
I disagree.
There's effective training and there's stupid training.

The weather bureau had predicted hot weather for that day at least 1 week in advance. They could have moderated training that day. They didn't. They saw it as an opportunity to flog the players and push them to their limits. It was stupid and irresponsible. And that's just the cause.

I won't even mention the poor response from a club that that was suppose to have medical response teams at hand.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I disagree.

The weather bureau had predicted hot weather for that day at least 1 week in advance. They could have moderated training that day. They didn't. They saw it as an opportunity to flog the players and push them to their limits. It was stupid and irresponsible. And that's just the cause.

I won't even mention the poor response from a club that that was suppose to have medical response teams at hand.
It was 24 degrees that day. It wasn’t hot at all.

Reactions: Kaz

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I disagree.

And are people that dumb, that they don't drink plenty of water if it's hot.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
And are people that dumb, that they don't drink plenty of water if it's hot.
This isn't about Hydration, you can suffer heat stroke /stress without being dehydrated a 41 degree core body temp would kill anyone regardless of how much water they where drinking.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
24? Are you sure?

I could have sworn Schuster commented that it was very hot and tough conditions on the day....

I was going off his comments.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
@Marki

Had a look at the temperature of that particular day, Monday 23rd of November 2020. The lowest temp was 21°, and the top was 27°. So if the temp was 24° at the time it must’ve occurred between 6am and 12pm. As indicated below in the snapshot of the weather that day. At this time it was quite humid, 78%, which certainly adds to the weather being much more oppressive than just a reading of the number. Additionally, the training was taken indoors, and as reported, the electrical fans were not on. Thus, it is more likely that it increased the oppressive nature of the environment around them, and more than likely put the players bodies under more duress.

As I’ve said before, Rugby League is a professional sport. There should have been protocols in place to avoid such things happening.

IMG_6536.jpeg

Last edited:

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
24? Are you sure?

I could have sworn Schuster commented that it was very hot and tough conditions on the day....

I was going off his comments.
100% sure, it’s in the report. I wouldn’t go to much into Schuster comments. It was years ago, and he ain’t the sharpest tool in shed. I’m sure it was tough, I’m just dismissing the notion that it was extremely hot day and they shouldn’t have trained, or lightened load due to heat. It was actually the opposite temperature wise. I’d take that temp every day of the year as a tradie. It’s perfect compared to the 35+ temps