Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
The fact he’s doing this at 6 means he won’t be in the nrl. He will cruise along on his size until everyone catches up.

also his birth certificate might be fake because they make them up in Tonga

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
The fact he’s doing this at 6 means he won’t be in the nrl. He will cruise along on his size until everyone catches up.

also his birth certificate might be fake because they make them up in Tonga
Not being racist at all but it is well known how overseas parents get around the ages of their kids, knocking off 3-5 years off their age to play against younger players.

Plus being involved with JRL for years, what you say about them cruising then hitting a brick wall is so true.

I'm sure @Bulldogsteve and others involved in JRL on here know this too.

Plus I have to add its not just age difference, even in divisions there are massive gaps. Your kid can be a superstar in 3rds but useless in 2nds and 1sts.

There are some moron parents that purposely play their kids in lower divisions just so they can post shit on Facebook. The second they get put into a higher division, they get put on show and quit the game.

Last edited:

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not being racist at all but it is well known how overseas parents get around the ages of their kids, knocking off 3-5 years off their age to play against younger players.

Plus being involved with JRL for years, what you say about them cruising then hitting a brick wall is so true.

Bro I’m sure it happens but most of the big poly kids are all Aussie or Kiwi born. In the islands kids serve all the elders, eat last and don’t have access to KFC etc. Immigrating to Australia with dodgey birth certificates and papers is not that common.

100% The real big kids either become too big or they can’t handle the physicality when the other kids catch up

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
wait till he 15 he will be flipping burgers at mcdonlads.

Im wondering has Gus signed this kid up for next year?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Bro I’m sure it happens but most of the big poly kids are all Aussie or Kiwi born. In the islands kids serve all the elders, eat last and don’t have access to KFC etc. Immigrating to Australia with dodgey birth certificates and papers is not that common.

100% The real big kids either become too big or they can’t handle the physicality when the other kids catch up
It's more NZ than the islands.

It's not common like nearly every team has a player or two, but you come across them and you instantly know what the go is.

I actually feel sorry for those boys, loving life while double the height and weight, then when the rest catch up and fold them in half they quit.

Happened to 3 boys at Wenty over the years, nicest kids, big boys with footwork, walk all over opposition from U6s, but when they hit U12s and especially U13s when it becomes international rules, they get folded in half, get run around, find out they can't even shirt grab to save their life, they just get turned off and quit the game.

Obviously not all of them quit, but the vast majority...and that's sad.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

It's not common like nearly every team has a player or two, but you come across them and you instantly know what the go is.

I actually feel sorry for those boys, loving life while double the height and weight, then when the rest catch up and fold them in half they quit.

Happened to 3 boys at Wenty over the years, nicest kids, big boys with footwork, walk all over opposition from U6s, but when they hit U12s and especially U13s when it becomes international rules, they get folded in half, get run around, find out they can't even shirt grab to save their life, they just get turned off and quit the game.

It’s sad that any parent wants to put their kid in with younger kids. Fkn clowns. But there is some big kids these days uce. I got a 12 year old nephew who’s 110kg and 6ft. Fit as fck but soft as lol can’t even play footy. Plays volley

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
An adorable but somewhat terrifying clip is doing the rounds of a young footballer dominating a Queensland junior rugby league game.
The clip posted by the child’s dad shows six-year-old player Fou, who towers above teammates and opposition defenders, scoring an effortless try.

View attachment 77355

There is an instagram video to see when you click on the news link
Have to admit that's awesome but I can show you about 30 kids that are half his size doing the exact same thing.

I have 5 or 6 videos of my boy scoring the exact same try from DH, palming the whole team for tries.

Hate to say it, the first time a kid drops him or snaps him in half with a proper legs tackle, he will turn quiet and lazy.

If I was his dad and wanted the best for him, I'd apply for a concession for him to play 2 years up over the standard 1 year.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It’s sad that any parent wants to put their kid in with younger kids. Fkn clowns. But there is some big kids these days uce. I got a 12 year old nephew who’s 110kg and 6ft. Fit as fck but soft as lol can’t even play footy. Plays volley
I hear ya bro...my boy has the sweetest Samoan kid (U11s and born here so he legit is 11) in his team @ 5'5 and 89kg.

He is a genuine bull. BUT the problem is (with most big boys) he is a gentle giant and is scared to hurt others God bless him. It's his first year playing any sport so my boy took him under his wing and became instant mates.

My boy is shortish (thanks to the in-laws all being fkn hobbit size) atm but a solid 65kgs, he is damaging because he is short to the ground and hard to bring down. I'll take a photo of them together tomorrow and PM you to see the size difference lol

His team mate takes soft "runs" but still makes 10-15 pcms with 4 or 5 on him. His dad is a pastor and I keep telling him "I'm praying for God to unleash him" lol

Last edited:

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score

Islander kids don’t eat kfc?
Heard it all now.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
wait till he 15 he will be flipping burgers at mcdonlads.

Im wondering has Gus signed this kid up for next year?
He might still have some effectiveness at 15, but that will be the oldest until players like Will Smith catch up and take over.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score

But what if these kids put another kid in a wheel chair?
Firstly you ruin that kids life but then it stops others playing.
I gave it up for a long time because I was scared of getting spinal injuries and as everyone here knows I could have been anything and even in early thirties nearly made it to the NrL

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
But what if these kids put another kid in a wheel chair?
Firstly you ruin that kids life but then it stops others playing.
I gave it up for a long time because I was scared of getting spinal injuries and as everyone here knows I could have been anything and even in early thirties nearly made it to the NrL
That's always in the back of parents minds bro, just have to hope and pray for the best.

But im a big fan of brining in weight for age rules.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Plus I have to add its not just age difference, even in divisions there are massive gaps. Your kid can be a superstar in 3rds but useless in 2nds and 1sts.

There are some moron parents that purposely play in lower divisions just so they can post shit on Facebook. The second they get put into a higher position, they get put on show and quit the game.
Seen many of these over the years in the Riff juniors, and people wonder why there hair has grey in it in U16s.