News ‘Don’t see it from outside’: Inside Dogs’ ‘new chapter’ as Foxx reveals hidden Ciraldo truth

Rebuilding Phase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
‘Don’t see it from outside’: Inside Dogs’ ‘new chapter’ as Foxx reveals hidden Ciraldo truth

Bulldogs flyer Josh Addo-Carr has responded to swirling criticism regarding the club’s culture under rookie coach Cameron Ciraldo.

Claims of unrest emerged within the playing squad to close out the 2023 season after it was reported an unnamed player walked out after a punishment for turning up late.

He was reportedly forced to wrestle 12 teammates a, sparking questions surrounding Ciraldo’s coaching methods and the culture being built.

Addo-Carr, who joined the Bulldogs ahead of the 2022 season, went in to bat for Ciraldo and had a message for fans of the proud club.

“We can’t control what people say, we know what we are trying to do and improve in the four
walls at Belmore,” he said to foxsports.com.au.

“We are working hard behind the scenes on and off the field. Our mental game, our performances on the training paddock and obviously our results on the weekend.

“But we are in good hands with Cam, Gus and all the coaching staff that are involved.

“We definitely work our backsides off and that’s it.”

Addo-Carr also explained what the under-siege coach was building in Belmore and the values he was attempting to instil in the squad.

“Standards, professionalism, how we prepare. I’ve really taken that on board from him,” Addo-Carr said.

“I’m a senior player now and I’ve got to do those things more often, because I’m a senior player and the younger fellas look up to me.

“He’s been driving that (mentality), Cam is doing a wonderful job. People don’t see that from the outside but all the players and staff do, and he’s an even better bloke.”

General manager of football Phil Gould’s role in creating the club’s attitude has also come under the microscope and he denied reports players were unhappy.

He also revealed the club would be signing a number of players to add to those already joining the club in Stephen Crichton, Blake Taaffe, Jaeman Salmon and Bronson Xerri.

Jake Turpin, Kurt Mann, Drew Hutchison and Poasa Faamausili have all been linked with a move to Belmore.

For Addo-Carr explained he was”excited” to welcome a wave of new faces to the club, and explained that the squads connectedness improved in 2023.

“I’m excited about the new chapter and new players coming in, trying to build what we want at the Bulldogs,” he said.

“How connected we were as a team (was a huge positive out of the season), I feel like we were way more connected than we were last year.

“My second year at the Bulldogs now and the coaching staff really worked on our connection between everyone in the playing group.

“Things didn’t go our way on the weekends, but we were fielding different players in different positions and couldn’t build any combinations due to injury.

“Cam and the coaching staff worked really hard building good relationships.”

He also labelled their 2023 campaign “disappointing” while highlighting fellow winger Blake Wilson as a player who could have a breakout year in 2024.

“Wilso (Wilson) has had a fantastic year, he has played consistent football all year and that’s what we want,” Addo-Carr said.

“We want everyone in the team to play consistent footy and that’s been our downfall this year.

“Not everyone playing consistent Bulldogs footy.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...d/news-story/fe1004328fbc90b50c3b12f919b5fde7

PeteHazz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Well done to me for running my first full marathon. I haven't done it yet, but I'm gonna do it someday, so you'll just have to take me at my word.
And I'll cheer for you when you get to the starting line. Got to turn up first though to get a cheer.

Btw, love the marathon analogy. Excellent and apt for a club that finds themselves where we are. No one gets good at marathons overnight.

You've just got to survive the first one. By the time you run the second one, you'll know the bear climbs on again at 15 kms, so you'll be ready for it. You'll do better with your prep too. A bit more of this, less of that. You'll know what to expect at the 35 km mark, better at managing your pace and you'll know it can be done, so you'll be mentally tougher when the 1.7km climb up to the finish line in Homebush begins.

Much like the Dogs in '24. The beauty of it is, those of us that think things will be better are just like those of us who don't; no-one knows till next year. We'll see

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Working their Backsides off :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: , yet to see it.. but glad we have Taaffe here next year. Maybe not anyone else’s cup of tea, but makes me look forward to 24 and gives me excitement. Amen!!