Search results

1. PantherPower83

Newcastle Knights coach Wayne Bennett warns centre, 'don't ever do this again'

Blown out of proportion due to the fact McLean broke his jaw (which I doubt BJ knew). Ordinarily, it's just a player firing up after a big hit. Not very gentleman-like but then again, this is footy and not golf.
  2. PantherPower83

Footy show: Sandor Earl

It was interesting to hear Weedler state that Danks (whilst watching) was calm, empathetic, showed no ill feeling and acknowledged everything Sandor was saying. This in itself, tells me that that not only is Sandor genuine and truthful about the whole situation, but Dank should be the one being...
  3. PantherPower83

Mitchell Pearce

Pearce is an overrated dud that can't kick, can't pass and has no direction. His incompetence lead to poor 5th tackle options and put absolutely no pressure on QLD. Our attack was one dimensional - one out hit ups. Where is the creativity? We had majority of the possession and still unable to...
  4. PantherPower83

Cooper Cronk in doubt for QLD

It was a nothing tackle and doesn't deserve any suspension. If anything, he would get away with points loading.
  5. PantherPower83

NSW Origin Team

Will there be a series where everyone agrees with the selections? One thing I hate, aside from talking about Origin selections from round 1 is every armchair punter out there want's to put their 2 cents in for the origin team. Daley will live and die by his decisions as a coach so let's see...
  6. PantherPower83

Todd Carney re-signs with Cronulla Sharks

...and creating a band-aid solution will help solve this? You need the right foundations in order to have a strong club. Sharks have never won a premiership, yet they have supporters so don't give me this crap about kids only going for winning teams. I grew up in the west and Penrith had won 1...
  7. PantherPower83

First of all, who has hailed Gould as the Messiah? Your answer would be the media. What Gould has done in a short amount of time is clean up our P&L and cap. Our recruitment policy was left in a mess by the previous administration/coaching staff. Bear in mind, several years of mismanagement had...
  8. PantherPower83

Who's your favourite non Bulldogs player of the modern era?

Did you really think he would have signed with any other club? Warriors and Dragons included
  9. PantherPower83

Thurston and Carney stay loyal to their clubs and all of a sudden Penrith are a joke? If they had signed, people will say they've chased the money. I'm pretty Penrith aren't the only club that missed out on these players, I recall Canterbury were after Thurston too, as were the Dragons and...
  10. PantherPower83

Who's your favourite non Bulldogs player of the modern era?

Andrew Johns - best player I have ever seen
  11. PantherPower83

Pet Peeves...

• people who say totes • uneccesary and over-use of hash tags • pics of food on Facebook
  12. PantherPower83

Car Detailers

Close, Audi S4 plus im more of a JD man...
  13. PantherPower83

Car Detailers

Any recommendations?
  14. PantherPower83

Waterhouse's multi-million dollar NRL deal put under microscope

So there are all sorts of restrictions on smoking (such as the packaging) and everyone is concious about exposing kids to junk food ads, but it's okay to promote gambling every 2 minutes on tv, talk about gambling after the game, cross promote gambling from footy to horse racing and have...
  15. PantherPower83

Audio in refs ear pieces...

Why would they be listening to the commentary?
  16. PantherPower83

Are Storm peaking too early???

How can anyone take this thread seriously? After two rounds, you're asking whether a team has peaked too early?!? It could be worse, you could've asked after round 1.
  17. PantherPower83

Raiders possibly terminating josh dugan

Repeat offenders should be de-registered from the NRL for a specified period.
  18. PantherPower83

Refereeing Standards

Theyve actually been pretty decent in my view. Big fan of refs making a call before going up to the video.
  19. PantherPower83

Former NRL player admits to blackmail

He played a fair bit of his career in the NRL/ARL.
  20. PantherPower83

SBW vs Botha

Is there anything that SBW is involved in that isn't a joke?
  21. PantherPower83

Shaun Johnson or Johnathan Thurston

Thurston for his experience, knowledge and ability to be a game breaker. He can also act as a mentor for junior halves coming through from either NSW Cup or Holden Cup. Johnson is a talent and a quality player but is still a work in progress.
  22. PantherPower83

Maguire sees value in loan system

Im probably one of the few that thinks a loan system has no place in our game. Sure, it could work for the EPL who have many clubs and thousands of potential players. I don't think our league has the numbers nor the amount of clubs to warrant a successful loan system. We already have too many...
  23. PantherPower83

Who are your top eight sides and why?

1 Cowboys 2 Storm 3 Dogs 4 Rabbits 5 Sharks 6 Panthers 7 Sea Eagles 8 Broncos
  24. PantherPower83

SBW may pay for 'corrupt' allegation

Three Stooges - these guys burn my life
  25. PantherPower83

Anthony Mundine wanted to snub National Anthem

Ummm, because they're Australian? I'm sure they sing the National Anthem in State of Origin?!
  26. PantherPower83

Chelsea's Eden Hazard sent off after kicking ballboy

If it wasn't on a sporting field, it would be a non event. No ball = no incident.
  27. PantherPower83

Anthony Mundine wanted to snub National Anthem

Does he realise how much he is embarassing himself with these publicity stunts. I don't think there is anyone in this country that believes a word this guy says. He has no credibility, he is a has been and surely has enough dignity to quit the sh*t talking and nonsense. I hope Geale knocks him...
  28. PantherPower83

How did he assault the kid? Slight exaggertation. If you see the actual clip, he was kicking the ball from underneath. He didn't put the boot into the kids stomach as the gif file in this thread portrays. My first impression was, oh he was going for the ball and after seeing multiple...
  29. PantherPower83

This is blown out of proportion. Hazard was trying to kick the ball free from underneath the kid. It looks worse than it really is. He received a red card which is punishment enough.
  30. PantherPower83

Jennings to Rooters

Great post. Keep it up.
  31. PantherPower83

NRL in Thailand

From memory, there's a bar called "Aussie Bar" which shows alot of sports on Bangla Road.
  32. PantherPower83

Jennings to Rooters

The club has been going through the process of restructuring the books, and in the process, have completely re-shaped the team. From a business point of view, I can understand the thinking...you want value for money and return on the investments - Jennings was simply not practical given his 600K...
  33. PantherPower83

samsung s3/4 - iphone 5/6

Nokia 920
  34. PantherPower83

Aussies 'rate themselves' says Sinfield

Kevin Sinfield winning the Rugby League Golden Boot is like Danny McBreen winning the FIFA Golden Boot. I like this quote: "The Australians probably think the NRL competition is far superior to Super League," he told BBC Sport. Umm, well Kevin, it is.
  35. PantherPower83

Jennings to Rooters

Gordon, Lewis and now Jennings. It's gonna be tough watching these guys play against us this season *sigh* Let's hope we get Thurston otherwise there will be blood. *not only do I have to change my signature, now I have to change my dp as well!*
  36. PantherPower83

Brilliant SMH sarcasm on Origin eligibility row

Too funny: The draconian new rule has hit Jarryd hard. ''The kid is devastated,'' Brendan said. ''Like every kid from Punchbowl, he's grown up thinking that, one day, he would run out before his adoring fellow Queenslanders at Suncorp Stadium. We were even thinking of going to Brisbane one day...
  37. PantherPower83

Why the sharks will win NRL comp 2013

Look up sarcasm in the dictionary and unless you are willing to create a new sig for me, Gordon stays.
  38. PantherPower83

NSW Blues' 2013 Emerging State of Origin squad revealed

My thoughts exactly, not to mention Chris Lawrence.
  39. PantherPower83

Newtown, CT elementary school shooting

Someone with balls needs to make the appropriate (and long overdue) changes to the firearm laws. For those who feel that their rights are being infringed, then don't be surprised or saddened when more horrors like this happen. How many in the past 12 months? They feel sad for the loss but are...
  40. PantherPower83

Place your Bets Ladies & Gentlemen, place your bets

Alot of nerve to what? Share my opinion? Every year people guess who they think will win and fact is, for the majority it never pans out the way they say. My guess is as good as yours. As for the Cowboys? Is it really that far-fetched? Have a look at their team first before questioning.
  41. PantherPower83

Place your Bets Ladies & Gentlemen, place your bets

1. Minor Premiers: Cowboys 2. Premiers: Panthers 3. Churchill Medal: Lachlan Coote 4. Runner up: Cowboys 5. Dally M winner: Jonathon Thurston 6. Leading Try Scorer: Ashley Graham 7. Leading Pointscorer: Jonathon Thurston 8. Wooden Spoon: New Zealand Warriors 9. First Coach Sacked: Steve...
  42. PantherPower83

Penrith sign Fijian hotel porter sight unseen on recommendation of Brad Fittler

Penrith have nothing to lose by signing this guy - will cost peanuts and best case, could unearth something special. If it doesn't work then not really a big impact.
  43. PantherPower83

Why the sharks will win NRL comp 2013

Spot on - that's exactly why the Sharks will win. Every Premiership winning team needs a good comedian. I didn't quite see it, but you're right....Wade Graham I would hate to come across him on the field - watch out! It's the halves you really need to be careful of...forwards are far to...
  44. PantherPower83

2013 jerseys

Spot on. Nothing looks worse than an X Blades jersey.
  45. PantherPower83

2013 jerseys

What's so bad about them? They're not the best we've had, but then again not the worst either. It's just predominately black, predominately white and predominately pink.
  46. PantherPower83

2013 jerseys

Panthers 2013 New manufacturer (slight change in design) and new sleeve sponsor.
  47. PantherPower83

Their Best Movie

Samuel L. Jackson - Jackie Brown Tom Cruise - Jerry Maguire Christian Bale - Batman Begins Bill Murray - Ghostbusters John Travolta - Grease Will Farrell - Anchorman Ben Stiller - Meet The Parents Leonardo DiCaprio - Inception Brad Pitt - Fight Club Robin Williams - Dead Poets Society...
  48. PantherPower83

Thurston non-commital on his NRL future

Thurston at 32 would still be a class above 90% of the halves in the competition - experienced or up and coming. Yes, Thurston is that good and asking how many premierships he has won achieves nothing. Daniel Fitzhenry and Shane Perry have won premierships. Winning premierships is a team effort.
  49. PantherPower83

channel 9 wont air this

Yes, because thats exactly what they were doing...players were swearing at each other saying "there are some ladies here to stick their heads in your pants" and "S--- me off you dumb dog". Obviously it wasnt directed at anyone else.
  50. PantherPower83

Matthew Elliott has been appointed New Zealand Warriors coach for the next two years

Maybe Taylor should shut up and focus on playing football. Players don't get a say on who coaches and nor should they.
  51. PantherPower83

channel 9 wont air this

If I were Channel 9, I wouldn't air it either! I see where you're coming from, but seriously, this is hardly newsworthy.
  52. PantherPower83

What's worse in 2012: Refereeing or Channel 9 Commentary?

Theres two solutions here 1) Hit the mute button 2) Go to the game The Nine team generally provide great commentary and provide insightful opinions and perspectives. However, like with any opinions, they are open to criticism. If you replace them with others, I guarantee there will be a...
  53. PantherPower83

Gus Worland's Souths Jokes Have Rabbitohs Supporters Blowing Up

Bunnies supporters who feel offended need to get over it. Every team's supporters cop crap.
  54. PantherPower83

The Wests Tigers Implosion Thread

Well at least the good news is that theyre looking to re-sign Tuqiri and Utai. Thinking about the future they say? Enter Anasta and Kite. Silly club. Guess Tigers officials will have a close eye on this weeks U/20's prelim final against the Roosters!
  55. PantherPower83

How bad has phil gould been for panthers?

As opposed to the highly successful year on year plan? We are a club that peaks once a decade, and for a club with the nursery base that we have, its simply unacceptable. So, a 20 year plan which you might find amusing, is actually something our club needs - long term strategy and direction...
  56. PantherPower83

Refer to post #9 Unlike you, when I post a comment, I post it containing facts and specific examples. When you post, you post based on opinion and speculation. Do you see where I am heading with this? I don't need encouragment from you about showing respect to my club because unlike you...
  57. PantherPower83

If I have ever had the pleasure of watching Gordon? Really, you are asking me this? I'm done.
  58. PantherPower83

Toovey???

The difference between a great coach and a good coach is how they handle themselves after a loss. It's obvious Toovey is a rookie coach.
  59. PantherPower83

Firstly, who rates Coote? Secondly, Gordon as good as Barba or Slater? You have lost credibility in those two comments. Gould is not "winging it", its clear you have no ability to research, because if you did, you will understand just how stupid your comments are. Then again, maybe...
  60. PantherPower83

Tigers should be investigated for tanking

Yeah, Tigers were tanking so that they can miss semi-finals football....riiight.
  61. PantherPower83

Sharks sign Luke Lewis

Matt Wright was also a junior.
  62. PantherPower83

2012 London Olympic Games

Australia will struggle for Gold at these games.
  63. PantherPower83

Golden point under threat

80 mins > Extra Time (Golden Try) > Draw
  64. PantherPower83

As I have mentioned in other threads, Gus has created more positive impact than the media hyped negatives. When he took over the role, he walked into a club that was struggling with its P&L, community engagement, structure and vision. Not even 12 months into the role and we have seen: * New...
  65. PantherPower83

Panthers sign Wes Naiqama for 2 years

The Penrith Panthers are pleased to announce that centre Wes Naiqama has agreed to join the club on a two year deal. Naiqama will join the Panthers in 2013, after playing out the remainder of the 2012 season with the Newcastle Knights. Penrith Panthers General Manager Rugby League Phil...
  66. PantherPower83

Jaimee Rogers here ...

Definately
  67. PantherPower83

Any McDonalds chicken burger

Yeah. I love it - the ones I have are non-dry and usually just freshly made so it's been great every time Ive had one.
  68. PantherPower83

Luke Lewis wants a release

Mate Im shattered, still in shock to be honest. Haven't been this devestated in a long while, oh wait, Michael Gordon left our club as well right? *head bang* Seriously hope Gus and Cleary know what they're doing because it's getting very difficult to keep the faith
  69. PantherPower83

UFC 148: Silva v Sonnen II

Pity the ref didnt let it go on long enough for Silva to continually bash Sonnen's head in.
  70. PantherPower83

Any McDonalds chicken burger

McChicken is still quality from the Maccas around me. Also, Chicken and Cheese is quality!
  71. PantherPower83

New A-League team West Sydney Wanderers

As opposed to having a amateur franchise? This is professional football which is about corporate dollars and sponsorship and business management. Old school Marconi and Olympic fans can live in the past and reminice about the good old days while everyone else moves on. We now have a team for...
  72. PantherPower83

Tamou encourages Kiwi's to play SOO

You're no pioneer - lucky to play SOO. Don't destroy the concept.
  73. PantherPower83

West Australian Rugby League reveal name and logo for proposed Perth NRL team

Flight times is not a concern - A League, AFL and Super Rugby manage without any problem. Plus opens up another timeslot in the Eastern states. Also, I don't recall hearing about daylight savings over winter - 2 hour timezone difference is not a big deal.
  74. PantherPower83

New A-League team West Sydney Wanderers

Glad to see Nike come on board and hopefully WSW get a high profile jersey sponsor too. I like the club colours and I dont mind the Wanderers name. Let's just hope they do a better job than the other A League clubs around community engagement and involvement and really take full...
  75. PantherPower83

West Australian Rugby League reveal name and logo for proposed Perth NRL team

I like the fresh approach and Im supportive of the Pirates name - if what Sackson says is correct around the research and engagement with the community to ensure there is local buy in to the brand, then it should be a success. Some of the key take aways from the article for me: * West Coast...
  76. PantherPower83

How much do NRL referees get paid?

It's very easy to critise referees. Some of the ambiguous rules in our game are left to interpretation and across all the officials, we are bound to get some inconsistencies. What astounds me about the officials is not the ability to make correct calls, but more so their fitness! These guys do...
  77. PantherPower83

Gould takes long view and builds up Panthers' junior ranks

Gould has been doing some great work since coming on board, in particular trying to re-set the culture and the way business is done - improved professionalism. It seems like there is a clear vision and long term plan in place, with some small steps already taken. Seeing the the lower grades...
  78. PantherPower83

Fav Steakhouse

Meat and Wine Co. Darling Harbour - Steak Hurricanes Bondi - Ribs
  79. PantherPower83

Bowen firming as favourite to replace slater

A Bowen selection would be based on existing connections, reliability, proven record and recent form. I can't fault Meninga if he decides to go down this path. However, Barba has been in awesome form and would have a strong case for inclusion. As this is game 3, there will be a weight of...
  80. PantherPower83

Kennel Hall of Fame - 5 Inductee's

Appreciate being in the contenders list :) Some of these names have come out of the vault. Any 10 year veterens on here? Even though my sign date says 2004, I've been on here much earlier (had to re-register). Not many of the old generation around these days (unless the names have changed?!)
  81. PantherPower83

SOO 2012 - Game Two chit-chat.

Really? I wonder what David Williams has to say about that. That aside, proud of the Panther boys - Jennings, Lewis and Grant all had decent games. Farah was awesome and Morris had a great defensive game but also capitalised on the limited opportunities in attack. Carney and Pearce...FFS...
  82. PantherPower83

The top 20 signings in the NRL for 2012

Carney and Graham are the guys of the season so far. Fifita isn't far behind. Anyone who thinks Bennett is a dud buy is crazy. You cant do much with that roster.
  83. PantherPower83

The State of the game Post Gallop

Gallop was a great manager of the code, however not such a great leader. During Gallops reign, I as a supporter of rugby league fail to see what his vision, direction and aspirations for the game are/were. Comments about the reactive nature of his tenure doesnt surprise me.
  84. PantherPower83

Storm Exposed.

Exactly how will Melbourne blood these new players? An uneccessary rotation system to take out Slater, Cronk and Smith for several games during the peak of their careers? Also, how long would you expect to blood these new players? 4-5 years until Slater, Cronk and Smith eventually retire? No...
  85. PantherPower83

Storm Exposed.

Take away the starting fullback, half and hooker from any team and watch how crippling it is.
  86. PantherPower83

New York Hotels

Good to hear some positive feedback about the hotel. From what ive read, you cant beat it for location...but theres questions around the size of the rooms and the noise, but I suspect that's NY for you.
  87. PantherPower83

New York Hotels

Yeah will do. Ive got Atlanta, LA, Tennessee and Toronto on my stops.
  88. PantherPower83

New York Hotels

Thanks mate, I checked it out and looked pretty good. Already made reservations :) Cheers.
  89. PantherPower83

New York Hotels

For those who have been to NY, any recommendations on hotels to stay? Like massage parlours in Thailand....there are just too many hotels to pick from in NY!
  90. PantherPower83

Forget Dean Whare

I am in denial :P Our loss your gain I was cut when Gordon signed for the Sharks, I'll be equally as devestated if Jennings leaves.
  91. PantherPower83

Forget Dean Whare

Pretty happy with this signing. Had potential as a Dragons junior and has been given limited opportunities in the Manly team so hopefully it's at Penrith where he fully takes off. 1 Coote 2 Uaisele 3 Jennings 4 Whare 5 Mansour Looks like a better looking line up.
  92. PantherPower83

Define "80min effort" ...

80 mins effort = winning attitude and positive play over the 80 mins of the game. This does not necessarily mean that the execution is perfect and it does not mean you would necessarily come away with the victory. There is nothing worse than seeing your team give up, or lapse in concentration...
  93. PantherPower83

Gagai to Knights

Penrith? Surprising given that we have apparent cap issues and some decent wingers now.
  94. PantherPower83

Winger heads to the mines, leaving Hasler in a hole

You cannot blame him for thinking about his family. He's been getting the odd start here and there but unable to cement a permanent spot. Even if he played on Monday, he would play a game here and there then back to reserve grade - hardly sustainable. Mining jobs are around 150K +...
  95. PantherPower83

Inglis "try"

Ahhh of course...fair point.