Search results

1. R

Opinion Blake Taffee

Burton is not vocal and not an organiser. He plays his best when his role is simplified. I have to agree Hutchinson this year has done this despite his flaws. If Taafe is to replace him he will have to be able to do the same thing.
  2. R

News Jackson Topine takes Bulldogs to court

He's clearly struggling mentally and this crook lawyer is taking advantage.
  3. R

Opinion Video ref forward pass adjudication

They need to be consistent. I've always heard the bunker can't officiate on forward passes.
  4. R

Hutchinson is a momentum killer

I counted atleast 5 times he ran it on the 4th or 3rd at turtle speed before either tripping over himself or getting smashed in a tackle.
  5. R

TIME TO SHOW TAAFFE SOME LOVE

That was an awesome try. Speed, support play and slick hands.
  6. R

Opinion Sam Hughes

Hughes King Preston what a trio. Absolute legends.
  7. R

Round 7 3-2-1 vs Knights?

3 Mahoney 2 Kikau 1 Burton
  8. R

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 7 | Pre game / Game Day | Bulldogs vs Knights

Yeah he always performs well against us
  9. R

News ‘Super sub’: Cameron Ciraldo explains why Connor Tracey won the fullback spot and how he plans on unleashing Blake Taaffe

I hope he can be transitioned to half back as a playmaker with a fast running game. I feel he has it in him. I agree defensively he won't be as as solid as the bigger blokes but it can be worked on and hopefully he's attacking contributions can outweigh his defensive skills.
  10. R

News Hull FC target Canterbury Bulldogs full-back as Richie Myler closes in on first signing

Super League keep taking out best players. I'm still devo they took Okunbor from us.
  11. R

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 7 | Pre game / Game Day | Bulldogs vs Knights

Most likely King coming in. Ideally Hutchinson dropped but 2nd best scenario is Taafe remains on interchange to atleast have a go at HB.
  12. R

Change Username Request

Current Username: bigbickbob Requested Username: Raff
  13. R

Opinion Taffee vs Tracey

Completely agree with most here. Absolutely no way can move Tracey out of FB after that solid game. Taffe to HB. Ciro is very conservative so no way would put him straight but maybe give him time in nsw cup first. And obviously can't drop Xerri. Was a beast.
  14. R

Hutchinson is a momentum killer

He is by far our biggest problem and cost us yesterday's game. A good half back would of created more attacking opportunities and controlled the game. Defensively he is average at best.
  15. R

How Good..

It's such a garbage club atm. Toxic, disrespectful and rude coach with multiple players the same. Rotting apple doesn't fall from the tree.
  16. R

News How Female Pathways Dominance Has Canterbury Bulldogs Primed For Immediate NRLW Success

I will never watch female footy either. Dont enjoy it at all but I support what ever makes the club stronger. Hopefully it will attract some investment and revenue for the club. Also good opportunity for some of the girls wanting to play at a higher level.
  17. R

Jackson Topine appreciation thread

I feel for his mental health struggles, hope he sorts them out but I have nothing to appreciate at all.
  18. R

Official Gus on Twitter

Yes it's extremely uncommon for anyone under 30 to get pneumonia. Dunno how our boys keep getting it.
  19. R

Burton is a half

Completely agree. I've been consistently one of his harshest critics but I see this now too.
  20. R

News 'Mum was my rock': Why Xerri's return meant more than his emotional debut

Parents influence really can make huge difference on how we turn out. Glad he had the support.
  21. R

Opinion Blake Taffee

He's getting better each game. Good kid.
  22. R

A wins a win

I feel very disappointed. Embarrassing display. I don't even care that we got the win. Deserved to lose actually.
  23. R

U.S. Politics Discussion 2.0

It took me many years to figure out that the USA is the world's largest exporter of terrorism and human suffering. It's current complicity in the apartheid and genocide perpetrated by the state of Israel is a disgrace. How people who survived the holocaust can inflict the same destruction on...
  24. R

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Discussion thread | Round 4 | Good Friday vs Souths

Nothing to do with Sutton. Atrocious attack. No excuse.
  25. R

Official Congratulations NRL 360

I don't mind 100%. Used to dislike gall but I like how he pushes Gus for answers.
  26. R

Opinion Blake Taffee

Admittedly I've not seen much of Tracey. Was his speed and support play good at sharks? Better than Taafe?
  27. R

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Thread round 3 | Bulldogs 32 - 0 Titans

No need to chop and change positions. Let the boys develop rhythm and cohesiveness. I don't feel he is fg ready esp defensively.
  28. R

Opinion Blake Taffee

I really like his speed and his support play, exciting to watch when it works. High ball is clearly a problem and does get man handled on kick returns. I don't see Ciro moving him after a win. Will be a shame to keep Tracey in reserves. Very tricky.
  29. R

I always thought Kiraz was much better at wing than centre but he played insane today. 10 tackle breaks, 4 offloads, great under high ball and defensively. Super impressive.
  30. R

Ladder

South's will be a much harder opponent than titans and they are under huge pressure to get a win. I'm still optimistic of a win though.
  31. R

I'm really happy. I wish I was at belmore to watch it. It's been years since I've seen the boys play like this.
  32. R

Round 3 3-2-1 vs Titans

3 kikau 2 Kiraz 1 curran
  33. R

News Addo-Carr out of doghouse

I like the bloke but wouldn't mind offloading him at some point. We have enough solid backs and just don't utilise his potential enough to justify his cost. Can use that money elsewhere.
  34. R

Opinion Do we know how to pass?

Exactly this.
  35. R

Opinion You can't win games by defence alone?

Completely agree !
  36. R

Opinion You can't win games by defence alone?

Good playmakers engage the front line and put players around then through gaps. Hutchinson tries to but hasnt executed yet. Burton played better this game but as a centre role, not playmaker. Our defence is so much better than last year it's great to see. We just fatigue and buckle at the end of...
  37. R

Totally ripped off

I agree but we can't control what the refs do unfortunately. The team needs to accept that and focus on improving. Better teams get better calls. Just how it is sadly.
  38. R

Critta to FB

Our left side is absolutely rock solid defensively now. Not sure if he's good enough at FB to justify moving him. We have Tracey as potential replacement for Taafe. Just not sure when we replace him.
  39. R

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 2 - Post Game Thread - Sharks 25 - 6 Bulldogs

Feel bad for the boys. Tried their hardest but just absolute fuck all from our halves. Burton needs to be offloaded. His best plays came when he was given a good pass to run a centre's line. Also is a space cadet making stupid mistakes.
  40. R

News He’s going to be a great No. 6’: Ciraldo shuts down Burton move after Bulldogs star ruled out

He hasn't been able to effectively run the ball. He can't put players around him into gaps. His short kicking game is poor. He can kick the ball far and high. Has good height on drop outs. Essentially can't make plays, run or control games in his current position.
  41. R

Who should be the Bulldogs halves for Round 2?

How have 47 people voted to keep Burton in the halves. We know Ciraldo will but surely it's clearly not going to work! He is an absolute pedestrian in that position. He is a rep level centre and we are trying to force him be something he isn't.
  42. R

Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Post Game Discussion Thread

Ciraldo very resistant to changing players. Very late in the season hey may replace Taafe with Tracey. Burton will unfortunately be our 6 for years to come.
  43. R

Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Discussion thread 5:30pm @ CommBank Stadium

Very dissapointing game. I think many more to come. Big issues clearly are 1. Lack of strong big forwards. 2. Lack of game control from halves particularly Burton. 3. Lack of quality fullback. 1 and 2 are by far the bigger problems and I don't see them improving this season.
  44. R

Rd 1 vs Eels 3-2-1

Curran 3 Mahoney 2 Critta 1
  45. R

News Bulldogs re-sign in-demand forward on three-year deal(Max King)

He is such a legend. He burnt him self out last year because of how hard he tried and put his body on the line.
  46. R

News Teams Tips Vs Parramatta Updated (Update)

DjDeep must gutted someone posted this article before him.
  47. R

Zane tetevano signed for 2024

Future star of the game and Captain. Great signing.
  48. R

Official Ciraldo announces Crichton as new Club Captain, Expresses gratitude to Mahoney and Burton

Good decision. Start the season fresh instead of chopping and changing leadership roles into the season. Burton, Mahoney clearly didn't work. Crichtons very disciplined, consistent and respected.
  49. R

Official Gus on Twitter

Who gives a fuck. Move on.
  50. R

Opinion Is Burton disinterested?

We played so much better second half with sexton Hutchinson. Sexton ran better and more direct than Burton.
  51. R

2024 Bulldogs AGM

I like Taafe. He may end up performing very well at FB. Give him a chance, especially time to work with his combinations. We have Tracey who challenges him for his spot too.
  52. R

News Burton supports young stars as Bulldogs release Flegg champions

Burton has become one of our weakest players. Boot him
  53. R

Opinion Is Burton disinterested?

Replace KO with sexton and I agree. Burton is such a poor halves player. I hate watching him. Move him to centre or another club. Even sexton ran better than him by far today.
  54. R

News The Key Reason Behind TPJ's Exit From The Bulldogs

I can relate. Lived in a city I didn't like for work and away from family. Was horrible.
  55. R

2024 NRL Captain(s) and 2024 Club Captain

Should be Mahoney. Honestly I can not stand Burton. Bloke seems lazy and disinterested. Far too quiet to be a leader too. Doubt he will be any better at five eighth this year, but we will see.
  56. R

Official Gus on Twitter

Thanks Special Dave
  57. R

Karl Oloapu neck surgery out 2024

Horrible news. Hope he recovers well and doesn't take big mental toll.
  58. R

News The Mole: Bulldogs meeting to decide Josh Addo-Carr's future after 'dramatic' week

Support Israel = compassionate. Support Ukraine against invasion and indiscriminate killing of civilians = compassionate. Support Palestine against invasion and indiscriminate killing of civilians = ignorant and cancelled.
  59. R

Official Gus on Twitter

Thanks Davey While I got ya, do you mind bringing the DVD of season 12 Home and Away that I leant ya. Misses been up my backside wanting it back. Let me know ya old cobber. On ya.
  60. R

Stephen Crichton

I realise he is a top athlete but I worry he won't perform great outside of a top side similar to our other signings. I feel his position is centre.
  61. R

Rumour Alex Twal to become a Bulldog

Hope we sign him. Hard worker gets the job done and seems like a good bloke. We need this.
  62. R

Official Gus on Twitter

On ya David. That's a great plan.
  63. R

Drew Hutchinson signing

Thanks David.
  64. R

Flanagone....

He's a nice kid and really tried his hardest. Hope he does well.
  65. R

Rd 27 vs Titans 3-2-1

Fox 3 Wilson 2 King 1
  66. R

Bulldogs player walks out

Thanks Davey
  67. R

Thompson flopped

He has no match fitness and has poor lateral movement given his injury.
  68. R

Rd 20 vs Broncos 3-2-1

3 wad 2 kiraz 1 pres
  69. R

Burton is not worth big dollars

I agree. Just looks disinterested and isn't a playmaker. We are paying him the salary of an elite half and he is no where near performing at that level. Sexton offers so much more and likely at no where near the coin he's on.
  70. R

Gus caught meeting with Blake Taaffe

Critta is untested at fullback. Will be good to have back option for when he plays origin and also if we end up having to put him in the centre position.
  71. R

Official Reynolds Announces Retirement

Thanks Josh. Best of luck mate.
  72. R

News Josh Reynolds completes stunning Bulldogs comeback

I don't understand the hate people have for him. He is so passionate about the club. I loved watching him in his prime and he tried so hard for us and had some great achievements. I agree he isn't the smartest bloke and is physically well past his prime but it shouldn't detract from his love of...
  73. R

Sexton

I was so impressed with him. I liked that he was very active in organising the team, constantly involved in most plays whether it be in attack or defence, asks for the ball, didn't overplay, followed up line breaks and offloads.
  74. R

Rd 19 vs Rabbitohs 3-2-1

3 sexton 2 avo 1 wilson
  75. R

Official Gus on Twitter

Thanks David.
  76. R

TPJ

I don't like his attitude. Lazy man always looking for the easy way. Disappointing.
  77. R

Official Gus on Twitter

Thanks Davey Boy.
  78. R

Official Dolphins scoop up averillo for three years

I feel like he left because we weren't prepared to match Dolphins price. I do not think we could afford him given we are well covered in the centres and need the cash for other postions.
  79. R

When does Lodge arrive?

Gus on 100% footy said he isn't coming to Dogs.
  80. R

Official Gus on Twitter

I support Gus.
  81. R

Sharks presser

I'm glad the post game presser threads exist. Prefer quick summaries of it and saves me from watching it.
  82. R

Mahoney is no longer an 80min hooker

His defence was shocking today. Gives away stupid penalties and errors at times. His service from dummy half is excellent though. Our forward pack is extremely weak and it puts too much pressure on him in the middle. We also have no attack so he often tries to overplay trying to create plays...
  83. R

Weakest team in history of NRL

Like watching men run through children.
  84. R

Rd 16 vs Sharks 3-2-1

3 morrin 2 Preston 1 kiraz
  85. R

News Ben Hunt reportedly asks for release

He is exactly what we need. Hope we land him.
  86. R

Official Rd16 Bulldogs vs Sharks Match Week Discussion

I bet sharkies are shaking in their boots. They are up against TPJ after being dropped from NSW too.
  87. R

Opinion Style of Attack

There's no structure to the attack. Yesterday it was just spread it out wide and hope for the best. Also couldn't find the finishing touches to convert opportunities into tries.
  88. R

Rd 15 vs Eels 3-2-1

Tough one. 3 Preston Day light 2. Kiraz 3. Rajab
  89. R

Terrible reffing

True. Agree with you.
  90. R

Terrible reffing

Absolutely not. One of the most important lessons in life is to have accountability for your actions and results. It is a loser mentality to consistently blame others for your short comings.
  91. R

Luke Brooks? Option? Rejects offer From Tigers

No way he rejects their offer unless he's got something better lined up. I don't think he is skilled enough as an organising half to improve our game significantly, certainly not for the pay he is asking for.
  92. R

Another Tino special. Were we lucky not to have lost our captain to a Brocken jaw?

I'm not sure about this one. If we start penalising runners every time they make contact with a defenders head it will lead to further over-officiating which is already killing the game.