Stephen Crichton

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
We have a hard yards prop (King), but don't have a momentum prop. Bizarre logic. Especially considering Leniu will almost certainly develop into a prop who can play big minutes if given half a chance.

Buying an enforcer and genuinely damaging forward is not a panic buy when it is something your team really needs. The Roosters didn't hesitate to snap Leniu up, and they are not known for "panic buying". Leniu is one of the best forward prospects in the game and has already shown how damaging he can be with limited game time and opportunity.

Buying a centre like Crichton before we have our pack and spine sorted is not exactly a panic buy, but it's like trying to build a tower from the top down.
Just lol @ king.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Taki
We have a hard yards prop (King), but don't have a momentum prop. Bizarre logic. Especially considering Leniu will almost certainly develop into a prop who can play big minutes if given half a chance.

Buying an enforcer and genuinely damaging forward is not a panic buy when it is something your team really needs. The Roosters didn't hesitate to snap Leniu up, and they are not known for "panic buying". Leniu is one of the best forward prospects in the game and has already shown how damaging he can be with limited game time and opportunity.

Buying a centre like Crichton before we have our pack and spine sorted is not exactly a panic buy, but it's like trying to build a tower from the top down.
[/QU
Taking a the 1st hitup in a team where king is the other prop is different to coming on 10min before halftime after leota n Harris & Martin have fucked up the opposition. If Spence was a 50min forward and was doing that damage I would say yes thanks but if his engine is 25min and getting 500k.no thanks. Roosters is a set pack Spence is an addition , he isn't a leader and never will be. Let's see next year with Spence & cheese lazy middle plays.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't think Leniu is anything like TPJ, to be honest...... he bends the line and always brings energy. TPJ only ever brought energy when his mind was switched on.

Just because Cleary uses Leniu as an impact forward playing limited minutes does not mean he's incapable of more. Penrith have a pretty stacked pack, so it makes sense to use Leniu in short sharp bursts.

We need go forward and enforcers who can intimidate and dominate through the middle. Leniu would have given us that.
Short sharp bursts LOL

Mate lay off the drugs. We all watched the game and saw Broncos got the ascendancy when Leniu & Smith were on the field.

When JFH & Leota were on Penrith controlled the game.

Raff

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I realise he is a top athlete but I worry he won't perform great outside of a top side similar to our other signings. I feel his position is centre.

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I was disappointed that we didn't get Leniu. But I wonder how he is feeling now? When he signed with the Roosters it was said that he would be replacing JWH, but JWH has now re-signed for another year. He will also be fighting for a bench spot with other Roosters forwards like Terrell May, Siua Wong, Sitili Tupouniua and Naufahu Whyte. He had his spot settled at the Panthers but it might be more difficult (especially to go to another level) at the Roosters. Time will tell.
I'm sure he'll have no dramas securing a bench spot. Panthers have a better pack than the Roosters and he held his spot there. Will get more minutes too...and JWH won't go around for much longer, you wouldn't think.

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Short sharp bursts LOL

Mate lay off the drugs. We all watched the game and saw Broncos got the ascendancy when Leniu & Smith were on the field.

When JFH & Leota were on Penrith controlled the game.
Lol Broncs scored two of their four tries when Leniu wasn't even on the field and you're laying the blame at his feet? 50 metres from 5 hit ups with 20 pcm.... 15 tackles and two misses.... hardly bad stats from a bloke who played 22 minutes against the second best team and one of the best packs in the comp. Turn it up, lafam. If anyone is on drugs, it's all the people who think Leniu wouldn't be a vast improvement on our current props.

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Geez, if Leniu got his missus pregnant, you'd probably give Fisher Harris and/ or Leota credit for that too. It's obvious he is a big body and destructive ball runner who can bend the line.

Bet you would have said the exact same things if we missed out on Fisher Harris or Leota when they were making their way in first grade and playing limited minutes.

The argument that Leniu is not worth it because he is stuck behind two of the world's best props boggles my mind.

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just lol @ king.
What would you describe King as? He's a tough forward who makes hard yards but lacks the explosiveness Leniu can bring... a hard yards prop is exactly what he is.

I guess what you meant is you want an explosive prop who has a demonstrated ability to maintain the intensity for 60 minutes or more.... well, dreams are free, I guess.

If you're gonna laugh at someone's comments, try holding a mirror up to your own. We shouldn't have signed a bloke who would give our pack much needed punch because a guy who is much more experienced and gets more minutes to show his stuff is better. Great logic!

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
What would you describe King as? He's a tough forward who makes hard yards but lacks the explosiveness Leniu can bring... a hard yards prop is exactly what he is.

I guess what you meant is you want an explosive prop who has a demonstrated ability to maintain the intensity for 60 minutes or more.... well, dreams are free, I guess.

If you're gonna laugh at someone's comments, try holding a mirror up to your own. We shouldn't have signed a bloke who would give our pack much needed punch because a guy who is much more experienced and gets more minutes to show his stuff is better. Great logic!
I say Moses leota type prop and you say we have King lol. No need to continue. Go change your name to Wayne

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I say Moses leota type prop and you say we have King lol. No need to continue. Go change your name to Wayne
You said hard yards prop, which is what King is....not my problem if you didn't correctly articulate what you were trying to say.

But yeah, hey....let's just pass on quality up and coming props like Spencer Leniu and go get ourselves a Moses Leota.... because they are so common. There's practically one on every street corner.

Face palm.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Geez, if Leniu got his missus pregnant, you'd probably give Fisher Harris and/ or Leota credit for that too. It's obvious he is a big body and destructive ball runner who can bend the line.

Bet you would have said the exact same things if we missed out on Fisher Harris or Leota when they were making their way in first grade and playing limited minutes.

The argument that Leniu is not worth it because he is stuck behind two of the world's best props boggles my mind.
I don't know what taki was , that was a mistake. Spence isn't stuck behind he is purely a 25min a game prop. That's why he doesn't play origin because he only has 10min in him per stint and can't play anymore, if he could he would be a perfect origin player. We shall see next year. The fact you rate him so highly and want to throw dollars at him leaves me.with more doubt judging by your history but you right we should do a des and throw a million to all.

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You said hard yards prop, which is what King is....not my problem if you didn't correctly articulate what you were trying to say.

But yeah, hey....let's just pass on quality up and coming props like Spencer Leniu and go get ourselves a Moses Leota.... because they are so common. There's practically one on every street corner.

Face palm.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score

Face palm.
I did say hard yards prop like leota, he also is a leader a 1st run prop , a defence leader.. lenui isn't that but let's pay him to play 20min. Face palm lol fuck I be mad dog and you be Toovey lol.

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I did say hard yards prop like leota, he also is a leader a 1st run prop , a defence leader.. lenui isn't that but let's pay him to play 20min. Face palm lol fuck I be mad dog and you be Toovey lol.
You still haven't explained to me where this mythical Moses Leota type prop is going to come from.

You're all hot air, man.... Leniu is much more than a 20 minute player....he ran for over 200 metres a few times when he was getting 40 plus minutes earlier in the season...and I'm sure he is capable of playing more.

Straight up nuts to suggest he couldn't add value to our pack.

And where did I say we should have paid 1 million for him?

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
You still haven't explained to me where this mythical Moses Leota type prop is going to come from.

You're all hot air, man.... Leniu is much more than a 20 minute player....he ran for over 200 metres a few times when he was getting 40 plus minutes earlier in the season...and I'm sure he is capable of playing more.

Straight up nuts to suggest he couldn't add value to our pack.

And where did I say we should have paid 1 million for him?
Didn't I say Gus has setup links in NZ the country areas and Qld. To be patient to finding players and not just spending money on a player who doesn't fit what we need. So the answer is don't buy Spence and wait for he right fit. Let's buy Spence and then Parra decide to shop RCG but we spent our money on the best available prop even though he is a 25min man . What than ? There will be another leota, Flegler, o'meally, Fisher Harris, Hargrave, Just be patient flange.

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Didn't I say Gus has setup links in NZ the country areas and Qld. To be patient to finding players and not just spending money on a player who doesn't fit what we need. So the answer is don't buy Spence and wait for he right fit. Let's buy Spence and then Parra decide to shop RCG but we spent our money on the best available prop even though he is a 25min man . What than ? There will be another leota, Flegler, o'meally, Fisher Harris, Hargrave, Just be patient flange.
RCG is 30 and won’t be off contract til the end of 2025. Why wait for a signing opportunity that will never come, or will come too late, when we could sign one of the best up and coming props in the game? And he’s not a 25 minute prop. He’s a prop who plays 25 minutes because Penrith have the best prop rotation in the game. Here’s a few examples of games where he got 35-40 minutes earlier in the season….Ok, not 200 plus, but not too shabby, either.

But hey… what use could a player like that possibly be to us?

Attachments

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Penrith move the ball around consistently. Unless we change are system fast, Crichton will be starved of the ball. We need some experience in our halves, Burton is not a half and needs to go back to the centres, that’s where he excels.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
RCG is 30 and won’t be off contract til the end of 2025. Why wait for a signing opportunity that will never come, or will come too late, when we could sign one of the best up and coming props in the game? And he’s not a 25 minute prop. He’s a prop who plays 25 minutes because Penrith have the best prop rotation in the game. Here’s a few examples of games where he got 35-40 minutes earlier in the season….Ok, not 200 plus, but not too shabby, either.

But hey… what use could a player like that possibly be to us?
You still don't convince me he is a leader. Spence is the icing behind a pack that does a lot of the work and he comes on like a wrecking ball. Penrith don't win the g/f with lenui starting. Maybe in 2 or 3 yrs he develops into it. The fact we have to out bid the roosters for him means we pay overs and my opinion he isnt worth paying overs for. Let's end with we agree to disagree and continue this in may 24

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You still don't convince me he is a leader. Spence is the icing behind a pack that does a lot of the work and he comes on like a wrecking ball. Penrith don't win the g/f with lenui starting. Maybe in 2 or 3 yrs he develops into it. The fact we have to out bid the roosters for him means we pay overs and my opinion he isnt worth paying overs for. Let's end with we agree to disagree and continue this in may 24
Fair enough…agree to disagree.