Search results

1. CMP

Opinion Dane Aukafolau

Watching the Mounties play today. It might only be NSW cup but this guy would be a good (minimum wage)acquisition to our squad. Not sure how the Mounties association with dogs works? Particularly with Waddell out and being very skinny on edge players he would be great off the bench in the last...
  2. CMP

Opinion Speed of Play

Watching the Storm v Panthers game and the difference in the way they play the game is so much faster it’s depressing. Watching us play is the equivalent of watching a Park Over 45’s game next to a NRL game. Everything both the Storm & Panthers do is at speed and high energy. Players are all...
  3. CMP

Club Grants & the Salary Cap

As I understand it the NRL pays each club up and above the Salary Cap as a grant each year. If the NRL withheld the Salary Cap component from the grant and payed the players direct for the contract negotiated. If this was combined with every official contract offer from other clubs, given to...
  4. CMP

Players that have moved on

A rough list of former Bulldogs playing elsewhere in 2018. I may have missed a few. How would we go against this lineup? 01.Corey Thompson 02.Jonathan Wright 03.Timoteo Lafai 04.Brenko Lee 05.Tyrone Phillips 06.Johnathan Thurston 07.Aidan Sezer 08.James Graham 09.Damien Cook 10.Herman Ese'ese...
  5. CMP

Salary Cap Adjustment

I will preface this to say i hate the salary cap. Always have. With the talk this week. Of Cooper Cronk even being a remote chance to sign with the Roosters. It makes the Salary Cap is an absolute joke. TPA’s essentially mean there is no salary cap. They are not going to get rid of the cap...
  6. CMP

The clean out must happen!

The board all have to step down and not seek re-election. The coaching staff to a man need to go. Every single player in the squad should be told they are free to negotiate with other teams. Then what is left is the starting point. The deep mess we are in will be a long road to fix for the...
  7. CMP

Does the Competition need a revamp?

With everyone not playing each other twice the comp is unfair before a ball is kicked. While it doesn’t solve the problem totally. I believe this or something similar would work much better. Rounds 1-15 . Every team plays each other once. Home and Away swaps year on year. 8 teams get 8 home...
  8. CMP

Change the Video Ref system

With the technology they have today the refs should all earn their keep. There should be a panel of six gathered at NRL headquarters or even at their homes & the one at the ground who would make 7 to make the call of try or no try. Majority rules. Its no good going to a briefing the following...
  9. CMP

Scrap the cap for a points system!

Its been said before and I am saying it again. With the likes of SBW & GAZ looking at big money deals elsewhere, the NRL needs to seriously look at the business model that they are running. David (Mirrors) Gallop keeps LOOKING INTO THINGS but is still to even try anything new. I believe...
  10. CMP

Player taken out?

Getting back from the game with no media reports. What was the go with a 20m restart call. When Hindmash clearly took one of ou guys out. From where i was sitting it looked like a potential penalty try. At the very least a penalty & Hindmarsh in the bin! Then to rub it in further Hindmash looked...
  11. CMP

Head to Head Match-ups

When looking at the head to head matchups. Our team gets the nod in my bias blue & white eyes. The starting team basically cancel themselves out. But our bench appears pretty strong. Thoughts? 1. Luke Patten v Luke BURT 2. Hazem El Masri v Joel REDDY 3. Tim Winitana v Krisnan INU 4. Willie...
  12. CMP

Salary Cap & ESL/RUGBY

With all the talk of players being forced out of either their club, the NRL to ESL, or even the code to Rugby because of salary cap restrictions everyone has a view on what should happen. With the majority saying the clubs will go broke if they raise the salary cap. What if the NRL held a...
  13. CMP

Attn: Utai Slam

The competition ladder on bulldogs.com.au is wrong! It has the cowboys @ +1 in points for & against. My calculations say they are -113 It also has Souths as playing an extra game?
  14. CMP

Willie Tonga

Hope this is what we can expect for the rest of the season fro little Willie! Had a great game tonight both in defence and attack! Hope he can get back to his form of a couple of years ago!
  15. CMP

Salary Cap

The main reason for the Salary cap originally was to ensure the poorer clubs survived and didn't go broke chasing a superstar and paying them money they didn't have or couldn't afford. The salary cap in itself S#^TS me in two main areas. The lack of support given to clubs who bring through...
  16. CMP

Speed of the play the ball

The dogs are giving away penalty's in the ruck week in and week out. Mainly due to the other team thrashing out & highlighting the slow movement to the refferee! I am not sure if it is a coached thing or not but the dogs show no urgency at all the majority of the time they get tackled for a...
  17. CMP

Kick Offs

Ápart from getting way too much practice. The inability to kick it past the 10metre line gives them a free 20 metres every time they kick off. On the flip side their ability to return the Tigers kick off tonight was ordinary too. Twice the could have stood behind the deadball line and caught...
  18. CMP

Premiership Draw

Can anyone give me an explanation on how the NRL work out the seasons draw? I get the fact that there are pools and you don't play every team twice (which I have never been a fan of but I realise there is no real solution too.) But I cannot understand why you play alot of teams twice before...