Search results

1. JTSports

NEXT WEEKS BACKLINE

Just hear me out lads and trust me. 1.Meaney (best we have at this position) 2. Allan (best we have at this position) 3. Averillo (he’s not a halfback, put him back at centre where he played well last year) 4. Schoupp (one of our best) 5. Manu (great defensively, 100x better than Okunbor) 6...
  2. JTSports

Official Round 19 Bulldogs V Sharks - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

BRING IN KIKO MANU AND FUCK OKUNBOR OFF
  3. JTSports

In better news JMK looks good. Has made some bad decisions but has a lot of potential at 9.
  4. JTSports

How the fuck do we re-sign Knockonbur, who looks disinterested every week, runs soft, makes terrible defensive reads and has bad hands. Yet we haven't re-signed Lewis, who isn't the most polished player but tackles his arse off and has a decent kicking game.
  5. JTSports

No mate, it was 3 on 3 rewatch it.
  6. JTSports

I have no idea why Manu was dropped. He actually has mungrel in defense and runs hard.
  7. JTSports

He's such a soft cock, he hates contact Okunbor.
  8. JTSports

Averillo should be playing fullback or running 6. He's a strong ball runner, has potential to play a similar role to Wighton. Not a game managing 7.
  9. JTSports

Okunbor needs to go back to reserve grade. Bring in Kiko Manu or Katoa.
  10. JTSports

Okunbor does no work out of our end. Should have Kiko Manu on the wing.
  11. JTSports

Keen to see how our hooker combination goes today. I think we will see JMK/BOO rotate next year too barring any signings at 9.
  12. JTSports

Canterbury No.7 Lachlan Lewis setting the bar for NRL defence

Once he stops kicking the ball out on the full he will be even better.
  13. JTSports

News Pay To Wield The Axe - Potential Round 3 Team

Read this on the telegraph this morning thought I'd share, here is the team that will be listed this afternoon. 1. Nick Meaney 2. Jayden Okunbor 3. Kerrod Holland 4. Will Hopoate 5. Reimis Smith 6. Kieran Foran 7. Lachlan Lewis 8. Aiden Tolman 9. Jeremy Marshall-King 10. Dylan Napa 11. Josh...
  14. JTSports

News Pay on the lookout for more recruits

I'm hearing that we're working on landing some pieces for Foran and Klemmer if they are to move on to Manly/Newcastle. Word at the moment is that Manly are willing to move D. Walker to fill in our backline and free up some space so they can pay more of Foran's contract (we'll still have to...
  15. JTSports

Opinion Bulldogs' Retention/Recruitment Team - Loyalty in the NRL

There is no such thing as loyalty in the NRL nor should there be, but sticking to a contract shouldn't be too much of an ask. I'm tired of contracted players constantly switching teams in the NRL. There is obviously a big story at the moment regarding the possibility of Klemmer leaving for the...
  16. JTSports

2019 Membership - who's in?

Flexi five for sure, I work weekends so if I can go to one game a month I'll be happy! Up the Doggies
  17. JTSports

The REAL REASON the media is blowing up.

I'm going to try not to ramble, but here it goes. About a week ago from today, the story about the Sharks' potential salary cap breach was published by Buzz Rothfield on the DT and quickly spread to social media. On the eve of Finals footy, the integrity of the NRL was questioned ONCE AGAIN as...
  18. JTSports

Marshall-King at centre

Yeah fair point, but at only 22y/o he could potentially add some size to his frame and play out there. It's a bit 'what if', but I'm not sure where else he would be able to play for the foreseeable future.
  19. JTSports

Marshall-King at centre

It's no secret that our CTW stocks are down with the Morris brothers departing at the end of the season. While we appear to have found our halves in Lewis and Foran with Cogger backing up, it leaves JMK without a position. I'm not a huge fan of him at hooker, and I think Woolford, Brown, and...
  20. JTSports

2018 NSWRL Intrust Super Cup Discussion Thread (Season Ended) PREMIERS!!

I can see both Woolford and Harper playing with the first-grade squad next year. Hopefully they perform today.
  21. JTSports

We’re short on second rowers

Elliott's been one of our better players over this 4/5 run. He's working hard and giving it 100% every week. Love watching him, what he lacks in skill he more than makes up for with his workhorse mentality and his heart.
  22. JTSports

Mate he's much better on an edge, having a good passing game and creativity are two completely different things. He's developing a short passing game on the edge reading overlaps, I think he's better off there. In the middle, a more one-dimensional player like Elliott would be better suited to...
  23. JTSports

I don't think he's that creative tbh, I think he's elite at defending an edge and putting pressure on his opposing number with his hard running and short passing game. When he's locked in on the edge he's very tough to defend and usually wins that one on one battle. With Holland and Smith...
  24. JTSports

Dean Pay has been adamant about having competition at every position to create a hungry and competitive culture within the club, and I can't help but feel like that's one of the reasons why he is stacking the forward pack. I think with Rhyse Martin and CHN having experience in the centres, he...
  25. JTSports

I rate Chris Smith as a second rower as well, he runs hard. I like Ogden in the middle more than on an edge. We could also use Sue in the middle. Regardless, Jackson, RFM, Martin, and CHN are all edge players that are capable of 60+ minutes. Not sure I like the long-term commitment to CHN when...
  26. JTSports

CHN underwhelming in the centres, much better in the backrow. I would have Elliott in the middle at 13 and Jacko on the edge, he's shown that he has the offload and passing game to be one of the best second rowers in the comp Jacko, wouldn't make sense to put him back in the middle.
  27. JTSports

Lol, all seriousness what are we doing and why are we signing so many second rowers when our CTW and Hooker stocks are so low? How are we going to rotate Jacko, Martin, RFM, Elliott, Corey Harawira-Naera and Sauaso Sue? All of those blokes can play 60 minutes and there’s five of them between two...
  28. JTSports

Morris Bros

I'm loving watching Morgan Harper develop, he's not there yet but could be a potential replacement at center/wing next year if he has a strong pre-season. We know with Deano coaching he will give the young blokes a fair crack if they've earned it. Loving the Jacko/Holland/Smith combo on the...
  29. JTSports

Round 23 - Bulldogs vs Warriors - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

Fucking proud of Dean Pay for giving Martin, Lewis and Smith a chance this year. They've all shined. Dessy wouldn't have given them a crack.
  30. JTSports

Round 23 - Bulldogs vs Warriors - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

We beat ourselves every week. 7 tackle set forward pass off the tap, penalty on a receiving drop out after forcing a repeat set. Get your fucken heads in the game and get the simple shit right. Ffs
  31. JTSports

Fullback for 2019, Hopoate > Meaney

I agree in a sense, however, I don't like the idea of playing Meaney simply because he's faster than Hoppa. Hoppa's ball skill, strength and positional play is way beyond Meaney's and I don't think Meaney will be ready for 25 rounds of footy next year at the NRL level.
  32. JTSports

Agreed, Hoppa is wasted at center with his ball-playing ability that he has at fullback. We look A LOT better with him at fullback.
  33. JTSports

I don't rate Meaney that highly as of right now. I think it's a good thing that he got a taste of first grade this year, but he has A LOT of work to do before he can be a good player in the NRL. He needs to put on some size, improve his positional play defensively, and develop a passing game. I...
  34. JTSports

Darius Boyd Complaining

I mean claiming a try is kind of a must with this stupid Bunker system where the on-field ruling has such a crucial impact on the VR's decision. Throwing your arms up twice because you made a shit read or failed to make a tackle is just laughable. Bloke's the biggest sook in the NRL.
  35. JTSports

Darius Boyd Complaining

Nah Boyd's a sook. Go ahead, post a Dogs player doing it twice in the same game after conceding a try on his side of the field. I'll wait... :tearsofjoy:
  36. JTSports

Darius Boyd Complaining

:tearsofjoy: I was laughing, my old man HATES him and was getting the shits every time he threw his arms up. Deadset though, he'd make a bad read and get burnt, then just throw his arms up and complain to the refs hoping they'd disallow the try :sob: great win and satisfying to look at those...
  37. JTSports

Darius Boyd Complaining

Thought you guys would get a laugh out of this. Not sure if you noticed during the game, but Boyd was complaining to the refs every time we tore up his side of the Bronx's defense. I posted a few screencaps if you guys want to have a look. It cracked me up. Not sure how to post photos in here...
  38. JTSports

The Last 20 of Each Half

Well said!
  39. JTSports

The Last 20 of Each Half

Great performance from the boys tonight, don't want to take anything away from them I was stoked. I just think our biggest issue moving forward is our lack of consistency in the last 20 minutes of each half. We start strong most weeks, and usually come out solid from halftime. However, minutes...
  40. JTSports

Round 21 - Bulldogs vs Broncos - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

I can't explain how much I want us to sign Segeyaro. Whole team would be different, imagine Segeyaro's pace out of dummy-half after Jacko, Klemmer and RFM hit the ball up next year. His kicks in behind the ruck on the goal-line getting us repeat sets, and his service to Lachie Lewis. I can't...
  41. JTSports

Round 21 - Bulldogs vs Broncos - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

Really? I think we're fine in terms of edge forwards between Jacko, Martin, RFM and Elliott. I thought RFM's energy and line-running was outstanding throughout the year, Martin's been awesome and Jacko is Jacko. I think we're missing some punch in our CTW positions, no real game breaker at...