Search results

1. Dogs79

News Jackson Topine takes Bulldogs to court

He might be going for $4M but it would cost the club another $1M+ to fight this so he’ll probably end up with $1M+ payout. He’ll play NSW Cup for match payments for the rest of his career.
  2. Dogs79

Opinion Did Dogs fans boo Hutchison

I was at the game, I heard the boos when we had an overlap middle/late in the 2nd half and he threw a dummy and stepped back inside and went himself. I think the crowd clearly seen the overlap and opportunity for points so they boo’d him on the play. Sections of the crowd might have boo’d him at...
  3. Dogs79

News Mahoney and Hetherington confrontation in sheds

I’m not a sensitive Karen, my overall opinion isn’t going to be loved by a lot. Firstly, I believe whatever happens on the field stays on the field. But, this wasn’t on the field, and while it looks fairly tame, it’s not a great look for a couple main reasons. 1. Taking this too far off the...
  4. Dogs79

Round 7 3-2-1 vs Knights?

Hard to leave anyone out after today. Burto, Xerri, Kiraz, JAC, Mahoney, Kiks and King were all very good. But 3. Tracey, 2. Curran and 1. Hughes for me.
  5. Dogs79

Opinion Sam Hughes

Was impressive again today. Not sure if anything in this but when he came off late he was rubbing high up on his hamstring and giving it a bit of a stretch.
  6. Dogs79

Opinion Patolo

We can’t keep playing with 16 every wk, while you can’t help injuries, some players just know how to find them.
  7. Dogs79

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 7 | Pre game / Game Day | Bulldogs vs Knights

That’s a classic referees try that one
  8. Dogs79

James Fisher Harris signs with Warriors

Can we still blame Gus that we missed out just for some consistency :tearsofjoy:
  9. Dogs79

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 7 | Pre game / Game Day | Bulldogs vs Knights

Hayward, Morrin, Taafe on the bench. Maybe we should throw one of these guys on the bench to add some size.
  10. Dogs79

Harrison Edwards on the move?

Wasn’t he only development contract? Or another deal outside the top 30? Don’t think it opens up any spots for us.
  11. Dogs79

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 6 | Post Game | Storm 16 - 14 Bulldogs

100% mate, was a great effort and deserved the result.
  12. Dogs79

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 6 | Post Game | Storm 16 - 14 Bulldogs

Proud with a splash of heartbreak. King, Presto and co in tonight and we could have walked away with the points.
  13. Dogs79

Josh Schuster to the Bulldogs

I think he’ll bounce around the NRL for a few more years. When he is desperate enough and doesn’t want to dig holes for a living then he’ll take the $150-$200k someone offers him. A few coaches will take the low cost punt that they can turn him around and get some value for money. Probably end...
  14. Dogs79

Other News Source Nelson Asofa-Solomona On The Outer At Melbourne - Reports

Get yourself suspended in Reggie’s and continue with the bad attitude, it’s a great way to convince your club to let you leave so that you can play elsewhere. Big NAS playing this beautifully.
  15. Dogs79

2024 Round 5 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Sths finding it alittle harder without Sutton in the team.
  16. Dogs79

Official Gus on Twitter

Sounds like Trent Robinson went to Belmore after the game and flooded the sheds with all those tears :cry:
  17. Dogs79

A wins a win

I must admit after reading about the injuries from last night, I’ve changed my thoughts on the win. It was more a tough, gritty and ugly win, than the embarrassing win I thought it was. If the injuries are what we think, we’ll see a lot of NSW Cup players get an opportunity next wk.
  18. Dogs79

A wins a win

As an old bloke now I can relate. I Knocked back a few ‘ugly’ wins back in the day, when I should have just taken the points and tried for a better win the next wk :tearsofjoy:
  19. Dogs79

A wins a win

It’s the same as a roots a root, but in this case is it really if you don’t get it out of your pants before you finish?
  20. Dogs79

Official Bronson xerri to make club debut

Wilson injured or dropped for Xerri?
  21. Dogs79

Rumour Player swap between Ilias and JAC

Pezet and Munster from memory
  22. Dogs79

Rumour Player swap between Ilias and JAC

Everyone knows it’s JAC to Sths and we get Gerard Sutton from Sths.
  23. Dogs79

Official Injury updates

Foxsports have Sutton ruled out for the season, did I miss an update from the club or is this a Foxsports typo?
  24. Dogs79

THE REAL REASON FOR BULLDOG'S NEW LOOK

We are 1 from 1 with him in FG with the new do, so it stays until we drop a game!
  25. Dogs79

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Discussion thread | Round 4 | Good Friday vs Souths

We need to get Sutton on side, do we have an alternate jersey this year that’s red and green with a bulldog emblem that kind of resembles a rabbit?
  26. Dogs79

Dare to dream? Smash rabbit

The commentary after Souths lost against the Roosters ‘Souths play the Bulldogs next week, then after that they have a tough draw’. Hopefully the boys heard that for some extra motivation. Even the commentators think an 0-3 Rabbits will do it easy against us.
  27. Dogs79

I’m sure I heard him say this once, but I have the worst memory on the planet haha
  28. Dogs79

In Gus’ words, he needs to Get the fastest man on the planet to talk to the biggest human on the planet about playing for the biggest club on the planet!
  29. Dogs79

Bulldogs 3 player's short of top 4

Agreed, if we attracted top flight 1,7 and Prop then we’d be set. But it would only take 1 IMO to elevate us back into the top 8. I reckon a Haas, JFH or alike would see King, Hughes etc go up another level. That momentum from up front would be enough to give our 9 & 7 more momentum, time and...
  30. Dogs79

Official Max King extends to end of 2027

Great news, now get the man some help!!
  31. Dogs79

Rd 1 vs Eels 3-2-1

I’ll need to look at the defensive stats to award 3,2 and 1. Couldn’t give any points based on attack.
  32. Dogs79

Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Discussion thread 5:30pm @ CommBank Stadium

Good luck kennellers, don’t blow up to early, save some hate for the end of the game haha. But seriously, let’s hope for a big effort and we stay in the game no matter what they throw at us.
  33. Dogs79

Why it’s time for unrecognisable Dogs to deliver ...and the recruit to spark a revolution

Agreed mate, if we can grind and build pressure a few big wins will come along the way on the back of all that and some momentum. By all reports we are super fit this year, If we can stay in it each wk then we might just catch a few more teams late in a game. Massive year for us.
  34. Dogs79

News Signed 2 years. Suluka Fifita

Club option for 2025, so technically available 2026. But, I’m sure Gus can throw a decent number his way and put some pressure on the sharks. Apparently Tom is mates with Gus’s Son so a deal could be done at the dining table or a family BBQ.
  35. Dogs79

Zane tetevano signed for 2024

I was having a good day until reading this.
  36. Dogs79

News Canterbury Bulldogs chairman John Khoury set to step down

Hope Driussi has Uncle Nick/Gladiator type connections.
  37. Dogs79

News Phil Gould battling three rival clubs to keep Bulldogs forward

Surely there’s got to be an investigation!
  38. Dogs79

News Phil Gould battling three rival clubs to keep Bulldogs forward

Is this why he was taken off the Jobels wall :o
  39. Dogs79

No Source Why is Manu not Re-Signed?

Manu will re-sign and declare his love for the Roosters. Stays for unders blah blah blah, just the Roosters and media jumping on the front foot when everyone else questions why he stayed for $850k and sacrifices +$1M over the next 3yrs.
  40. Dogs79

News Signed 2 years. Suluka Fifita

Any idea what his signed for at Sths? If we are taking him in 2025 at Sths numbers are we looking $200k or did they have him on crazy money?
  41. Dogs79

Bulldogs express interest in Panthers flyer Taylan May

Is this how it works? I put my hand up for a Mod position at the next elections :tearsofjoy:
  42. Dogs79

Opinion Sam Hughes

Sam has some promise and by the reports of his team mates he is putting in the work and they have confidence in him getting the job done. I’d imagine he feels pretty good about that and should be ready to rip in and benefit from all the hard work.
  43. Dogs79

Official RFM granted immediate release

What are you hearing mate? Big body? A Gun? Solid FGer looking for game time? A potential plodder? I have a feeling you’ve heard something ;)
  44. Dogs79

With RFM gone. Do we still qualify for any Veterans Allowance? I thought it was either 9yrs at one club or 10yrs across the NRL? Someone like Kurt Mann is entering his 11th year in FG, it’s Hutchos 10th year since debuting in 2015.
  45. Dogs79

I have a feeling 2024 might be about Gus finding another diamond in the rough. Can’t see any contenders releasing valuable Props this year, maybe mid season.
  46. Dogs79

Offer Made (May)

Article from Foxsports September 2023: The NRL is set to introduce a new rule to give clubs a 10 day window to convince players to backflip when they sign contracts with rival clubs. The changes to the salary cap and NRL contract laws were sent to clubs during the week according to The Daily...
  47. Dogs79

Offer Made (May)

I thought it was 10days from accepting an offer, not 10days from receiving an offer. Could be wrong though, but it hasn’t been reported that he accepted any offer from us has it? only an offer was made I thought.
  48. Dogs79

WWOS MOLE Terrell May

100% mate, team is stacked and under performing if they don’t finish top 2-3 and play on GF day. They only have 3-4 players in the top 20 that haven’t played rep footy like Butchers and Watson, and you could argue the Butchers are future reps and Watson is very handy and would be in nearly every...
  49. Dogs79

Opinion Any Interest In Pene ?

I’m more a Fusilli guy
  50. Dogs79

Opinion Why Canterbury believes its utility player strategy can help get the club back on track

Yeah I agree with that too mate, hopefully run other teams around, second phase play lots of players in motion
  51. Dogs79

Opinion Why Canterbury believes its utility player strategy can help get the club back on track

Been thinking a little more about our recruitment of all these utilities. With the lack of Middles available, could we have made the conscious decision to stock up on tradable utilities? If any team suffer injuries and have poor depth in positions 1,3,4,6,7,9,13 and 14, then Gus has a plethora...
  52. Dogs79

Dragons and Dogs in, Roosters out of Addin Fonua-Blake race amid new Warriors clause

Maybe Ricky would be interested in a swap for Salmon who can fill the gap at 5/8 :smirk:
  53. Dogs79

2024 Ladder Competition

1. Roosters 2. Panthers 3. Broncos 4. Sea eagles 5. Sharks 6. Cowboys 7. Eels 8. Storm 9. Knights 10. Warriors 11. Rabbitohs 12. Titans 13. Dolphins 14. Bulldogs 15. Tigers 16. Raiders 17. Dragons
  54. Dogs79

Burtons best position?

He’d be a better 5/8 in 16 other sides in the comp. And we’d be a worse team the last 2 seasons if he wasn’t playing 6 for us given the other squad options.
  55. Dogs79

Merry Christmas to Everyone on TK.

Merry Xmas everyone, stay safe and take care.
  56. Dogs79

WWOS MOLE Terrell May

Reported this wk that he wants to play with his brothers at some stage during his career. Both Taylan and Terrell are off contract end of 2024.
  57. Dogs79

Rumour Addin Fonua-Blake

Missed AFB and Deardon on the same day, not a good day at the Flanno household :tearsofjoy:
  58. Dogs79

Rumour Addin Fonua-Blake

AFB off to Sharks probably means they don’t re-sign Hamlin-Uele who is off contract end of 2024. I would approach him but I suspect Wahs will sign him and possibly allow a swap for 2024.
  59. Dogs79

WWOS MOLE Terrell May

Not to mention the leg up with investment properties, ‘friends’ of Politis can sell a $1.5M unit for $1.2-$1.3M because they can afford the lose and players instantly have $200-$300k equity in the property. Just another example of the extra cash off the cap available to the Roosters.
  60. Dogs79

Membership issues

Took me about 24 hours to get my email confirmation. I was able to order merch from that point after changing password.
  61. Dogs79

News Canterbury head of football Phil Gould has been caught in another clandestine meeting, this time with a potential signing — New Zealand Warriors forwa

I’m hopeful Gus has something up his sleeve, but I can’t hate on the guy knowing some of the info, albeit maybe not 100% accurate, but pretty close. The Dragons have offered +$1.1M per season, they have a few more middles they could afford to lose in a trade, and you’d think we would need to...
  62. Dogs79

Rumour Addin Fonua-Blake

It’s not so much about how much AFB wanted, it’s also what NZ wanted. Pump +$1.1M for AFB and also give up Kikau/Preston. I’m sure Gus and CC have another plan.Wont be the last we hear of this one, and some dominos will fall for a few clubs.
  63. Dogs79

SMH Luai

You caught me, but don’t tell anyone else, no one else has noticed yet ;)
  64. Dogs79

SMH Luai

Nothing official until next week but here is some photographic evidence for you mate :)
  65. Dogs79

Roosters backline is ridiculous

Something for Us all to think about, reports today that this Union bloke Nawaqanitawase is reported to have the following options for 2025 and beyond. I’ve only included 2 yrs so that we can compare over the same two year period he has sighed with the Roosters, Signed Rooster $450k per year x 2...
  66. Dogs79

Rumour KIKAU for AFB swap

I’d say No, make it work another way
  67. Dogs79

No Source Why is Manu not Re-Signed?

It’s scary because it’s definitely a possibility. AFB B Smith Collins Sitili Wong Radley Leniu and Butchers x 2 is a great pack. Crichton, May and JWH not contracted beyond 2024 but they’d find room for them if the coach wanted them.
  68. Dogs79

Rumour Addin Fonua-Blake

Surely Wahs know they won’t get a like for like, they’ll need to get creative and look across the whole squad. If AFB goes back and says he wants to come to the Dogs, that’s his preference, then we can’t offer a like for like FR, so we could see a 3rd team come into the trade, something like AFB...
  69. Dogs79

Do we now have enough $$$ left for a prop or 2 and a halfback for 2025 ?

Agreed, the whole trade part of any deal with Wahs/AFB might be our downfall. Gus might need to get creative, 2 for 1 deal or maybe some rookies thrown into the mix. Maybe a young half from the academy with SJ winding down.
  70. Dogs79

Rumour Addin Fonua-Blake

Is he Brandon Smith official? Or sneaky Kikau security photos official?
  71. Dogs79

News Bulldogs Sign a Forward!

Read somewhere else that he is already injured, taking a break over atm to recover from a knee injury.
  72. Dogs79

Do we now have enough $$$ left for a prop or 2 and a halfback for 2025 ?

Looks like most of our FR options are off contract end of 2024. King, Knight, Patolo, Hughes all signed for 2024 (Hughes may have recently extended but not sure how long) I don’t know much about Montgomery, he is also off contract end of 2024. I can see a couple of these guys staying, maybe King...
  73. Dogs79

SMH Luai

We are a strong chance for Luai because I think we sit in the middle of the success v money scenario. Panthers offer $850k and success, Tigers offer $1.2M but limited success, and I reckon we offer $1M and potential for success with what Gus and CC are trying to build. That’s the extra money on...
  74. Dogs79

Opinion What Position Will Tracey Play

He’ll likely play FB or Centre, depending on Critta’s role.
  75. Dogs79

Rumour AFB & JT

What’s in the brown paper bag?
  76. Dogs79

Fox Sports Klemmer

Reported today May is close to an extension with Roosters. That probably ups the need for someone like Klemmer, and still leaves plenty of cash for a ‘crack’ at AFB.
  77. Dogs79

SMH Luai

What’s with Ivan and Panthers CEO comments? are they trying to force Luai out early? What’s their end game making these comments and essentially sh!tting on Luai and his worth. While i agree with what they are saying, he isn’t worth $1M-$1.4M, why would they make the comments public? It doesn’t...
  78. Dogs79

Fox Sports Klemmer

Given our need to FR, I’d take him, but only have him back for 2024. In 2025 it needs to be AFB, and someone like May would be nice.
  79. Dogs79

Top 30 Squad 2024

This is a hell of an Oz tag team, plenty of speed and skill, they won’t be touched at Nationals!
  80. Dogs79

Sio Siua Taukeiaho Signed

Weidler just announced this deal is OFF. TKO had his medical last wk and has a foot injury requiring surgery, which would see him sit out the off season and the start of the season. Additionally Dogs and Catalans couldn’t reach an agreement or terms of a release etc etc.
  81. Dogs79

News Did Phil Gould get guilty about RFM drama? Brent Read thinks so (says Gus is lying)

An off contract player of similar standard they say? Ok, who is an under performing injury prone off contract player from another club? Let the guessing begin.
  82. Dogs79

Official Gus on Twitter

Sadly, I think another streak ends.
  83. Dogs79

Opinion Update on Signings

I don’t know much about this bloke, but a few members here on TK have mentioned him from time to time. Thought I’d share this about his current status. STEADY EDDIE’S A CHEEKY DEVIL He is the former Penrith Panther who has knocked back an NRL deal to work as a concreter. Hulking Queenslander...
  84. Dogs79

Official A New Breed in Hutchinson, Mann, Turpin and Faamausili

We definitely need more size, hard to bulk and improve cardio at the same time I’d reckon. I’m old school, you either bulked or trimmed down and increase cardio. I must admit I’m a bit of a dinosaur with this stuff so maybe modern science can help with bulking and improving cardio in one hit? If...
  85. Dogs79

Where do the Bulldogs Finish in 2024 ?

Holding out for some signing news of a quality middle or two, but as it stands I think we are a bottom 4 squad, possibly the worst. Funny thing is if we had 2 quality Middles join the squad before the season starts and we could easily jump into top 8 contention. Like a lot of us agree a couple...
  86. Dogs79

Bulldogs officially grant Faitala-Mariner permission to negotiate with rival clubs

I think you know I can’t answer that, can you? why not ask me why Trump said this? or why Albo does that? I’m simply saying if rumours are true that he has done things wrong and they want to move him on, they have ways of putting the pressure on, or like my first Post, we can count our losses...
  87. Dogs79

Bulldogs officially grant Faitala-Mariner permission to negotiate with rival clubs

If he’s spoken to media about internal stuff, he can be suspended with pay while the club investigates any possible breaches. It’s not uncommon to take years to investigate such matters. Coach can ask him to perform ‘reasonable’ duties and if he fails or refuses he can be stood down. Plenty of...
  88. Dogs79

If the rumours are true and RFM is a big problem, then who cares about the alleged $400k ($200k) on the cap due to $200k being vet allowance. It’s only $200k, then who gives a sh!t, sure it’s playing with 29 squad players for first 10-11 rounds, but it’s only $200k off the cap. If no one will...
  89. Dogs79

SMH Luai

That’s the article I was thinking of, I remembered knights at $500k but didn’t know Roosters bettered that figure.
  90. Dogs79

SMH Luai

Was reported Knights offered him $500k, Titans and Dolphins offered even more. But he signed with Roosters. You’d have to think minimum $400k with some 3rd party deal, friends of Roosters discount on a Sydney property and beating uncle Nick in a few rounds of golf over the next 4 years.
  91. Dogs79

Faitala-Mariner thread

Haha spat my coffee out reading that one haha You win, I have no comeback for that haha
  92. Dogs79

Faitala-Mariner thread

Most Broncos supporters have two heads though, so that’s an IQ of 35 per head, it’s hardly fair Gene ;) JK:tearsofjoy:
  93. Dogs79

Opinion Update on Signings

But isn’t that the gamble? You throw out a silly offer of $1.3M to drive up a players price, but what if the player takes it? then you need to live with that signing. I agree clubs will play the game, but it’s always a gamble and could come back to bite clubs. I also agree though for better...
  94. Dogs79

Ethan Quai-Ward

You get told that you are not in the future plans for FG and will see out the 2024 season in NSW cup or lower or you can go ‘Home’ and be with your family, friends and play the equivalent of QLD cup. I’d take the offer to be with my family, friends and not isolated in Sydney for a further...
  95. Dogs79

SMH Luai

Feels like a nasty breakup on the horizon. You’d think when Luai finally comes up against Cleary/Penrith it’s either MOTM or emotions get the better of him for a Send Off.
  96. Dogs79

Rumour Looks like we've got another young talent

To be fair, I haven’t seen enough of him. I’m happy we are out and about scouting some of the best talent, and hopefully a few kick on for us in years to come.
  97. Dogs79

Gus on 7 News - 8-9 signings in coming weeks

I wonder if new signings will just be confirmed by dropping posts of them arriving for first days off pre season, kind of like ‘look who just checked in to Belmore’ followed by some shots in the gym or with Gus and CC and the standard Jobels breakfast special.
  98. Dogs79

Rumour Looks like we've got another young talent

We have plenty of Centres and Wingers to trial at FB. This kid coming through the jnrs at FB will no doubt get a fair crack at Centre or 2nd row in a few years :-)