Search results

1. Slick

FAN - MEMBERSHIP ACTION

look, i do not think we need action like this but if you do do something, please just use emails and letters - maybe try a petition to the club to change the structure you know who does these protests at games? dragons fans we are not going to do what the fans of that rabble of a club do...
  2. Slick

Mbye is not a play maker

lol we don't need foran we'd have to splurge our cap big - his deal with parra, if it was worth over a million, means he isn't going to go back to 400k, let me tell you that... we still have to upgrade jackson, rona, and maybe also eastwoood, as well as the necessary retention of any young guns...
  3. Slick

Tolman more than just an unsung hero

lol mate since the like system came in i've only made like 150 posts mainly since during our WLWL streak it got me real frustrated how negative it was here lol... regardless we're all dogs supporters so let's leave it here lol
  4. Slick

Poor Officiating

Can go the other way too re: penalties A team that just made a break or is smacking the other team is more likely to get a ruck penalty than a team making two metres a run because it seems like there's more slowing or interference in the ruck against a team playing well - a team that is playing...
  5. Slick

The top 3 teams all have former Bulldogs players in key positions

ditching thurston was only the wrong decision in hindsight tupou sucks luke is a thug and would be penalised every tackle if the game was reffed properly nate myles is a plodder supreme martin tapau and krisnan inu are about as consistent as curdled milk paul carter is also quite the thug...
  6. Slick

Tolman more than just an unsung hero

i'd wish for the thumbs down to come back so i could use it on most of your posts i suppose it doesn't matter really since your posts come with an implied seven thumbs down anyways, think it's you that's "surely got to be a gee up"
  7. Slick

7 tackle sets.

Yeah, it was so stupid to put such a general solution on a specific problem. No side was ever dumb enough to kick it over from five out to neutralize the fullback, lol
  8. Slick

Official NSW Origin team

how about you ditch the high and mighty attitude and contribute rather than just bait people
  9. Slick

A Host of Negative Threads

It's turned me a bit off too, but it isn't the negative posts that piss me off but the ways people go about their opinion. See this? This is what you'd find in "acting like a douche for dummies". It does not give any actual contribution to the site and just serves to antagonise people. People...
  10. Slick

NRL Non bulldogs game day discussion thread - round 9

It's one of those games where Cronulla can do no wrong, like us when we played the Souths or QLD in Game Three. Cronulla probably could just throw the ball at Brisbane and still get a try off of the play, just one of those games
  11. Slick

Warriors drop 6 starting players and win

He dropped them for discipline reasons not performance reasons. They beat the Dragons, who'd struggle to score a root in a brothel with a fistful of hundreds. No correlation to the apparent problems here. But I am sure if you keep trying to fabricate pessimism you'll get something.
  12. Slick

Parra should never complain about the refs again.

Precedent is what they need - you see us getting penalised for laying in the ruck and they can do the same thing and not get penalised.
  13. Slick

Boycott the Tigers game

The Dragons with Price were very much worse than "mediocre" I'm not saying that we're in a great position right now but we aren't pathetically bad as they were
  14. Slick

Corey Norman Off Contract - Worth A Shot?

I think that Cronk would suit our structure imo. Like legit if we had two Cooper Cronks as halves we would be the best team in the comp because he plays the footy Des likes by doing everything on the high percentage side but doing it well.
  15. Slick

Stanley Injury

lol is this a joke post
  16. Slick

Boycott the Tigers game

That makes us as bad as the Dragons under Price. Complain here as much as you want but please under no circumstance stoop low as the Dragons under Price
  17. Slick

I've had enough

I think that as much as people can whine about Des (whether or not the whining's justified is irrelevant here) if we didn't have such a shit way of completing sets we'd be a better team High kicks that actually go high to put the opposition in two minds, etc.
  18. Slick

Putting things into perspective.. Season Comparison

ffs the only team that won the comp in the past four years that actually was over the cap was the roosters and they weren't named
  19. Slick

Putting things into perspective.. Season Comparison

well we do but he only plays for like thirty minutes I wonder what would happen if you totalled our for and against with Kas on and then our for and against without him
  20. Slick

We've got a very bad problem with the refs...

oi whoever merged the threads they're different threads ffs my thread is about how when we get a shit call we sook about it and lose edit yeah actually the threads are similar lol
  21. Slick

We actually aren't that bad!

would like to note although kasiano's no try was the right call i've seen much worse given as tries for example the try semi got off a kick last week was fucking absurd
  22. Slick

Boycott the Tigers game

it's because the coaches under scrutiny haven't made the finals every season for the past four years and aren't currently sitting in the top eight regardless of the opinion on whether or not we're playing well i doubt you'll see a team sack a coach who makes the eight
  23. Slick

We've got a very bad problem with the refs...

and here we go again the moment we get a bad call we fall apart i think this is a thing we as a team get a bad call and sook about it and shut up shop rather than using the adversity to fire us up
  24. Slick

2016 NRL SuperCoach & NRL Fantasy Thread

i'd go with tedesco because paper thin raiders defense but if you're willing to gamble on oates take it remembering naturally this is coming from a guy who's 9000th in NF so take it with a grain of salt
  25. Slick

who are you tossing up between? @Marley
  26. Slick

saifiti out for ajuma adams (npr) which allowed me to bring in dugan for dylan walker success
  27. Slick

Semi Radradra

so this was me just under a month after turning 14 yeah baby
  28. Slick

Your Kangaroos team?

http://www.nrl.com/meninga-puts-a-line-through-roos-rookies/tabid/10874/newsid/95105/default.aspx
  29. Slick

Your Kangaroos team?

Mal says that there will be no Kangaroo debutants. It's time for all of us to flip flop our teams lol.
  30. Slick

Des Hasler hones in on Canterbury Bulldogs' inconsistency

Our defense on the goal line is good but outside the twenty we don't have the killer instinct - we had it against Souths but we don't seem to drive guys back that much.
  31. Slick

Munster is so much more consistent: Semi now only gets points if Jennings remembers what a pass is. basically he is getting jmoz'd by jennings lol
  32. Slick

Dangerous Tackles = OK, Tripping = Not OK.

the moment that happened i said "shouldn't be a penalty, there was enough hand as isaac de gois who wasn't cited or penalised" the doctrine of precedent is only a significant legal concept from which the common law system we use in our courts is derived, no biggie in the nrl kangaroo court
  33. Slick

Origin legends match

Hoppa Snr is apparently a top guy from what I've heard, irrespective of the pleasin' fingers
  34. Slick

The Elephant in the Room- Ennis

post of the year contenders from rod here
  35. Slick

Your Kangaroos team?

1. Tedesco 2. Oates 3. Roberts 4. Dugan 5. Boyd 6. JT 7. Cronk 8. Scott 9. Smith 10. Tamou 11. Lowe 12. Thaiday 13. Parker 14. Klemmer 15. Papalii 16. Boyd (Shannon) 17. Milford/Morgan (if milford is ineligible) vs 1. DWZ 2. Lolohea 3. Whare 4. SKD 5. Rona 6. Foran 7. Johnson 8. Bromwich 9...
  36. Slick

stat analysis of lock forward position

Inspired by some of the comments Marley made about Eastwood, I wondered what our output for the lock position was rather than just starting lock: this isn't to prove a point or anything, just stats from this round to show output of the lock-forward position in each club. all stats are from...
  37. Slick

Sam Perrett

mate do all of your posts come back to lafai lol
  38. Slick

Golden Point Solution

I think that the problem is more with people disliking golden point when it becomes a field goal shootout rather than "proper" footy
  39. Slick

Marching Orders

The match against the Titans was scheduled for round 23; the draw for the games after round 20 is released a few weeks before round 20, I don't have a clue why.
  40. Slick

Des Hasler - keep him or replace him?

Yeah see that's what I mean; Dymock would not just be a good coach because he has passion, he'd have to be a good coach on the basis of actually being a good coach. Also Maguire and Robinson are not very good coaches they just had insane rosters, I agree with you for the most part though.
  41. Slick

Dogs poach Lachlan Lewis

Along with Tamou, Gillett, and Bennett?
  42. Slick

Marching Orders

Unsure if they are allowed to alter the ground once the draw comes out: not sure though so don't take my word :P I guess since the Coffs thing was a criminal matter you sort of have to fight it if they're innocent, especially when it's sexual assault. I think that Castle has been a good...
  43. Slick

NRL Non bulldogs game day discussion thread - round 7

I'm 5/7 and have a slim lead of two points at the top of my comp - I've actually done very well this year but I haven't tipped the Dragons or Roosters once lol
  44. Slick

Golden Point Solution

oh and for finals i'd make it five minutes each way extra time THEN golden point
  45. Slick

Marching Orders

I've said this in a different thread, pretty sure the club made the decision to move the game to NZ before finding out it would be a five day turnaround, screwed over by the draw. Re: Castle and all the events on Bottlegate, was wise to buckle to pressure because the lynch mob were out: can't...
  46. Slick

Marching Orders

it was the wrong move to go to NZ but here are a few things to consider: -->we do have a strong fanbase in NZ -->iirc teams have to take one home game away from home every year according to the NRL -->there is a large chance it's the fault of the draw not the club that we had the five day...
  47. Slick

Des Hasler - keep him or replace him?

Don't think that Dymock would be a good coach because he has passion: not saying that he wouldn't be a good coach, but playing for a club =/= successfully coaching, just look at the Dragons - again he could full well be a good coach, but that isn't because he played for us, that's not a reason...
  48. Slick

Dogs poach Lachlan Lewis

tbf it is hard to complain about Abbey not playing since the only person you'd drop for him is Morris
  49. Slick

What the Grub did

Can't say I agree with it but they've moved on and it was just a frustration release - hope it doesn't happen again and put it away
  50. Slick

Marching Orders

What is it with you guys named Alan and being an optimist? TK needs more of these guys named Alan.
  51. Slick

Golden Point Solution

I've said that the extra time should immediately finish with a try, but continue to the ninety minute mark if a field goal or penalty goal is scored.
  52. Slick

5th Tackle Kicking

see this is a bigger issue than raelene castle moving a game to new zealand or josh reynolds chucking a hissy, glad this was brought up. we lose so much from not having a chase and it lets opposition backs dictate their sets early
  53. Slick

Marching Orders

tbf there should be a nobody option too, alan's right in that regard
  54. Slick

Is Jmoz past it?

Not complacent just in horrendous form imo
  55. Slick

Round 7 - Dogs vs Warriors - NRL/NYC Discussion Thread & Team Lists

Tbf it was just generally ruck crap, and that's a lottery not just when we're playing. Problem, but not a Bulldogs bias problem, just one of hilariously shit referring.
  56. Slick

Passing up a home ground advantage

If it was a case of club decides to play NZ in NZ -> draw fucks us later then it's a problem with the draw. It if was a case of we see we have NZ after only a five day turnaround -> club decided to play NZ in NZ it's on us then.
  57. Slick

And...? To me it's not important if the tries come in the first half or second so long as they come; tonight they didn't come. If they didn't have eight points in the first half and only had say four then we're not in that situation either.
  58. Slick

Passing up a home ground advantage

Someone said it in a different thread, shit planning on the whole. We travel to Melbourne to play the Storm, small flight, no biggie, but you don't want to be flying around week-in-week-out So then after that we travel to New Zealand to play a home game, we leave the day after the Melbourne...
  59. Slick

Two runs in the first two tackles on the set after the try that got us to like the forty metre line disagree. Inferior runs from the other forwards on at that time, again, disagree.
  60. Slick

Daley set to unleash Tolman

Nah Tolman was not the problem tonight: was surprised by the impact he offered immediately when he came on, and you don't blame Tolman when he gets the ball when we are chasing points, you blame the structure and the player who gave it to him, because it isn't Tolman's fault if a ball is thrown...
  61. Slick

Well if we are allowed to say the scores in each half and use them as an argument... bzzzzzt in the first half it was 14-8 us :)
  62. Slick

Over it.

If we don't have inept left edge defense they score like once, we lost in the key moments (ie whenever they shifted the ball to our left edge defense close to the line). I'm willing to say we win if our left edge defense didn't suck huge ass.
  63. Slick

lol someone's even more off their rocker than des because kas was awesome Things that would have won us the game: -Putting Kas on in the final ten-fifteen rather than final five -Rona remembering that if you're the winger you mark the winger and don't rush up on the second rower -Josh Jackson...
  64. Slick

Just when you think you have heard it all

Cink, as in that golfer Stuart Cink. Yes.
  65. Slick

Gotta fuck off Dylan Walker, who for?
  66. Slick

Second & Most Hated Club

Security guard or a bartender?
  67. Slick

Stanley Injury

Think he's in the starting squad for almost everyone, really: hopefully everyone is including Des lol
  68. Slick

Second & Most Hated Club

Second favourite is the Warriors, always liked them and was quietly stoked for them in 2011 up until they got shown how to play professional footy by an efficient team. For hated it's a toss up between the Souths and Roosters. Eh, Souths.
  69. Slick

NRL Non bulldogs game day discussion thread - round 7

I mentioned this Ray before in another thread, this isn't a joke story lol
  70. Slick

Video of talking points Melb Game

Well I could only get the game on MMM and heard that Kas was penalised a bit but come on those penalties are ridiculous
  71. Slick

Keep the Beast

hey isn't this basically institutionalized bullying marley isn't a greg eastwood fan, and posted that opinion inside of a thread relating to greg eastwood. scandalous.
  72. Slick

Train Discussion Megathread - Etiquette / Strikes / Gripes

Intercity Trains on the Blue Mountains Line to and from Penrith, happens all the time
  73. Slick

Train Discussion Megathread - Etiquette / Strikes / Gripes

I have to get the train to and from school every day. Loud people and all that are kinda annoying but they're loud people, oh well. Fuckin' smokers. On trains there is nothing more I hate than the people who light up in the bathroom. It spreads through the train and it's frickin' disgusting...
  74. Slick

Parramatta Eels Salary Cap Rort

Hopefully it is the full monty because really it's absurd to let them play finals footy considering how much they rorted it. Even though it was in the past it's still against the rules and they should be punished for it, and once they are punished the game should move on next year.
  75. Slick

Apparently Luke has had a falling out with McFadden and it has created factions in the dressing room. Apparently.
  76. Slick

Damien Cook

Yeah I didn't think that McInnes was anything and he has certainly done enough to deserve the spot.
  77. Slick

Jmoz Passing?

Yeah so what's the dealio here? Curtis Rona's there left to make tea and set up a dollhouse because Jmoz just doesn't give the ball to him any more, what's with the hog?
  78. Slick

Tuimoala Lolohea

Think Lolohea at half is a bad idea myself: I think that they handled Robson all wrong and should have given him a more advisory role rather than that of the dominant half in that he shouldn't have been getting the ball every second tackles but should have been there to steady up if the SJ show...
  79. Slick

Clarification on certain incidents

The game would get so much more clear if the refs actually answered the player's queries. Heads up, you aren't an umpire, you are a referee. You're supposed to take queries referred to you, that's what a referee is. So Maxwell, why, instead of just being a doucheknuckle and saying "go away"...
  80. Slick

Round 6 - Dogs vs Storm - NRL/NSWRL/NYC Discussion Thread & Team Lists

Even though there's a chance they've missed tackles or whatever I can't fault the efforts of Reynolds and Jackson tonight
  81. Slick

We've hung in against the run of play to keep clawing through and it's a good sign for the future that even when we have shit periods now we know we can claw momentum back.
  82. Slick

ffs this is why we need hodkinson so we can get caught during linebreaks and not score
  83. Slick

Ball Throwing

I'm outraged, I'm salty. What's with all these little shits throwing the ball at bigger guys' heads when the bigger guy concedes a penalty or the bigger guy drops the ball? Shits me. Maybe it's only since it's a pet peeve of mine but I think teams that have players deliberately toss the ball...
  84. Slick

Broncos players in dressing room scuffle

Sounds like more than a prank but we're not in the Bronco dressing room so we don't really know the ins and outs of it.
  85. Slick

Our Goal Kicking will cost us a game or more

Keep Holland in there for kicking and not-breaking-every-game-ness. Easy enough for me and hopefully Holland can make a fist of this opportunity and stays in the team.
  86. Slick

Parramatta Eels Salary Cap Rort

ffs just get it out the nrl is holding up the season by pussyfooting around here just decide on a punishment and hand it down it is not like the nrl needs all hands on deck to decide a punishment via statistical analysis what's taking them so long
  87. Slick

Your ideal NSW Squad

amended team: Tedesco Mansour Jmoz Roberts Fingerson Austin AReyn Woods Ennis/Peats Gallen Jackson Hoffman Fensom Klemmer Fifita Frizell Cartwright now this isn't what'll be picked and i know that but the idea is to try to mix it and play the game between the twenty metre zones for as long as...
  88. Slick

The hooker hangover

What NQ do is the equivalent of us starting with Garvey and then having Lichaa on for the rest of the game, subbing off the Garv after 20.
  89. Slick

NRL Non bulldogs game day discussion thread - round 6

An update on this Ray fella by the way, he lost a bet with Semi. Apparently he is a good friend and they made a bet over the Dogs/Eels gave over some pool and kava
  90. Slick

Marley, do you have Cody or Dylan?
  91. Slick

Your ideal NSW Squad

Wing Dugan was abhorrent against the Kiwis. Centre Dugan is not as good as Fingerson/Roberts/Jmoz
  92. Slick

Your ideal QLD Squad

Not compared to Hunt or Barba. Like AReyn is a very professional efficient player but not as efficient as a Cronk
  93. Slick

Your ideal QLD Squad

I feel that the Maroons are missing a trick if they play Morgan so hopefully they do. I guess that for mine, you want a bench utility to be explosive like Hunt or Barba
  94. Slick

Your ideal NSW Squad

Tom Trbojevic is not a better singer than Josh Mansour, Mansour too is in better form. James Tamou is probably a better player than Shannon Boyd, Paul Vaughan, as well as Andrew Fifita, but is in worse form. Aidan Sezer is not a better player than Adam Reynolds who is while injured, still a very...
  95. Slick

Your ideal NSW Squad

Joey picked such a spud NSW team on the Sunday Footy Show. "James Tamou is in the career best form." "Josh Dugan and Tom Trbojevic are in the back three because B I G B O D I E S" it's such a flawed picking system to pick not on form but on a bullshit idea like that
  96. Slick

Your ideal QLD Squad

so we have the NSW thread but what do we think the Queensland 17'll be? this is my strongest for them: 1. Boyd 2. Oates 3. Inglis 4. Chambers 5. Lee 6. Cronk 7. JT 8. Scott 9. Smith 10. McGuire 11. Gillett 12. Papalii 13. Parker 14. Hunt 15. Thaiday 16. Hannant 17. Lillyman
  97. Slick

Your ideal NSW Squad

my team to win not considering the bulldogs origin period: 1. Tedesco 2. Mansour 3. Jmoz 4. Roberts 5. Ferguson 6. Austin 7. Aeynolds 8. Tolman 9. Peats 10. Woods 11. Jackson 12. Gallen 13. Fensom 14. Klemmer 15. Cartwright 16. Frizell 17. WGraham the fact that Tolman only makes about seven...
  98. Slick

Possible Round 12 Lineup vs Raiders

Jennings is such an overrated player, he's not a good player in and of himself and only plays well when his forwards and halves get him involved: as much as I am critical of Greg Inglis, if he's in a mood he'll go looking for the ball to curbstomp a team, Jennings on the other hand is pretty...
  99. Slick

Need for speed

Yeah now that's a fair enough comment I respect yours as well and re reading what i sent i sounded like an ass whoops That said as much as I love him (I've been on the Tedesco wagon since 2013) he was more injury prone than Stanley then
  100. Slick

Need for speed

I wanted us to get Tedesco badly but you calling people negative is the most ironic thing I've ever seen on here inb4 "no im not negative im just a realist fuk dez"