• No

Votes: 28 41.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I just posted a similar statement to this in another thread, but for me the reason i still support Reynolds despite his hot head is because he's got a never give up attitude. If we're down 4 points without the ball in the last 10 seconds of the game he is going to be plotting a way to get that ball back so we have a scoring opportunity.

I compare Reynolds to Klemmer in many ways because they've both got that fire in the belly. If Reynolds had Klemmers or T-Rex's build he'd be able to assert himself physically. As it is he will inject himself however he can. It doesn't always work out and when he fucks up i guarantee he would not complain if a team-mate throws the ball at him. I'd go so far as to say that he judges himself more harshly than Marley judges him.

I don't think that he'd be proud of himself for throwing the ball at Lichaa and i personally dislike seeing things like this happen within our team, but I can also look past this and think about the fact that Reynolds was devastated that our chance to win went begging because of a bad pass from someone who's main job is to throw one good pass to start our attack in the right way. It's not the last time he will annoy supporters but i guarantee that if Reynolds hadn't thrown the ball at Lichaa there would be 5 threads calling for Lichaa to be sacked for throwing that same pass.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You don't do that, not on the field! Players make mistakes and that was rubbish from grub! On the other hand u could see his frustration at a poor pass with attacking chance! But from my opinion ya don't do that

Hmmm yeah tough one..... its good to see that passion. I really hate when players make a mistake and go 'oh my bad' and his team mates give him a high five for his efforts. But yeah throwing the ball not a good look.... I think Grub knew that was their last chance to pull it out of the fire.

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
Never throw a ball at a team-mate.

However, I think Jr realises if we had a hooker who was able to pass the ball properly or run we win that game and many others. Lichaa is a terrible hooker, this incident should probably alert those who are in denial. Most likely coz lichaa is a cousin or representing the country or something

Reactions: DT

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

However, I think Jr realises if we had a hooker who was able to pass the ball properly or run we win that game and many others. Lichaa is a terrible hooker, this incident should probably alert those who are in denial. Most likely coz lichaa is a cousin or representing the country or something
I was really critical of a few things about Lichaa in 2015. I saw him in game 1 this year and thought he had improved most of the things i'd been critical of. I was pretty excited about it since i think that our forward pack might as well be paper weights if they're getting poor service from DH. Sadly the injury has seen him revert a lot. I hope he sorts his shit out and can start timing his passes right again. The difference between a foprward pack that steamrolls opponents and one that plods is being able to accelerate in their run secure in the knowledge that they will get a pass at the right moment. I'm hopeful that Lichaa can do what he did in game 1 again soon.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score

So it's lichaa fault that he can't play what he sees ,
his not allowed to run kick or even control a game, his there to tackle and pass , yep it's lichaa fault that his like this.

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
To be honest I saw that pass and given the state of the game I can fully understand Reynolds losing it with Lichaa. I didn't play much league but played grade rugby and I would have reacted badly in the same circumstances. For whatever reason since he came back Lichaa has not been providing clean ball and space. In this instance we had 4 minutes to go and the line in front of us and a possible win. Yes Reynolds got pissed and threw a ball, he probably and rightly regrets it but all the same lets hope that Lichaa got the message.

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be honest I saw that pass and given the state of the game I can fully understand Reynolds losing it with Lichaa. I didn't play much league but played grade rugby and I would have reacted badly in the same circumstances. For whatever reason since he came back Lichaa has not been providing clean ball and space. In this instance we had 4 minutes to go and the line in front of us and a possible win. Yes Reynolds got pissed and threw a ball, he probably and rightly regrets it but all the same lets hope that Lichaa got the message.
So it's ok for Reynolds (450k per year) to send a message to Lichaa (330k per year) via a football to the melon but it's not ok for the supporters (60k per year average) to send a message to Des ($1m + per year) and Raelene($800k per year)???

Very hypocritical don't you think???

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
Can't say I agree with it but they've moved on and it was just a frustration release - hope it doesn't happen again and put it away

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
Turvey was the most passionate dogs player I've seen and there;'s no way he would have thrown a ball at his own players head

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
So it's ok for Reynolds (450k per year) to send a message to Lichaa (330k per year) via a football to the melon but it's not ok for the supporters (60k per year average) to send a message to Des ($1m + per year) and Raelene($800k per year)???

Very hypocritical don't you think???
When you argue a point do you always make up your mind and then misquote to prove it. I said "I fully understand" that's not "ok". Are you comparing salaries to penis size?

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
Turvey was the most passionate dogs player I've seen and there;'s no way he would have thrown a ball at his own players head
Possible because most of the other players and certainly the hooker at the time would have stopped the game and beat him to death. Also look at the quality of the hookers we had when Turvery played.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I can only imagine what Reynolds would have done to Ben Hunt in the GF when he dropped that ball.

Bahaha so many possibilities!

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
ironically against Warriors then lol
Yes. Wish he could have duplicated it last weekend, lol.
Stats for Rd 26 2015 :11 runs for 94m: 1 line break: 37 tackles: 3 missed tackles
Stats for Rd 7 2016: 12 runs for 101m:1 try ass: 1 offload: 43 tackles: 1 missed tackle: 3 errors

From NRL stats.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Listening to Talkin' Sport and Hughes was very scathing in his criticism of Grub. Also mentioned an email from a listener who was advocating the club get rid of Des because of our very poor attacking structure and the fact that fans of the club are over it. Did not get the name but more than likely our own "Mole" Adrian.

The DoggFather

RIP HABS
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Listening to Talkin' Sport and Hughes was very scathing in his criticism of Grub. Also mentioned an email from a listener who was advocating the club get rid of Des because of our very poor attacking structure and the fact that fans of the club are over it. Did not get the name but more than likely our own "Mole" Adrian.
But there are many sensible callers who are fed up calling, like every second call.

The vast majority are not wanting Des scalp but just want him to develop a game plan when his "original game plan" doesn't work.

Everyone has been saying when our game plan of our forwards bashing their forwards fails, our spine does nothing, which is spot on.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
But there are many sensible callers who are fed up calling, like every second call.

The vast majority are not wanting Des scalp but just want him to develop a game plan when his "original game plan" doesn't work.

Everyone has been saying when our game plan of our forwards bashing their forwards fails, our spine does nothing, which is spot on.
I agree. It is not so much that we need to send Des packing but more that we would like our team to have a sort of logical attacking plan rather than the same stale, ineffective one we have seen for the last 4 1/2 seasons . We need organising halves for our style to work where the forwards lay the platform and the spine can do the rest. Assassin just so frustrating when we can see other sides do it week in week out and we cannot. We have the troops it is just the game plan that sucks.

The DoggFather

RIP HABS
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I agree. It is not so much that we need to send Des packing but more that we would like our team to have a sort of logical attacking plan rather than the same stale, ineffective one we have seen for the last 4 1/2 seasons . We need organising halves for our style to work where the forwards lay the platform and the spine can do the rest. Assassin just so frustrating when we can see other sides do it week in week out and we cannot. We have the troops it is just the game plan that sucks.
Spot on.

I'm really confused, i can't tell if our halves are just rubbish or following a rubbish game plan. Maybe it's both?

But what I do know is when our pack gets dominated, we will lose because of no "plan B".

Status
Not open for further replies.