Search results

1. Edroy

Sympathy for the Members

I've been a member for the last 7 years straight and around another 10 seasons overall. After today's biased decision not to send off Frizell, I'm glad I didn't renew this year. I feel sorry for the members that paid money to put up with the bias from the NRL. It's going to be tough, but I'm...
  2. Edroy

What happened to the send off?

If that hit on Browne isn't a send off, what is? Do you have to kill the bloke ffs? You can take out a player and keep all yours now guys. It's open slather. Another nail in the coffin of the NRL.
  3. Edroy

We Could Have Taken the Refs Out

No, not with bottles or other projectiles ;) Like everyone else, I'm fuming at how the game ended and we lost, but we shouldn't have given the refs a chance to stuff it up for us. It's been mentioned a bit, but deserves it's own thread. As good as we played, we can be MUCH better and really do...
  4. Edroy

Jmoz's Post-Try Celebration

What do you reckon it was? I say he was taking the monkey of his back and giving it the boot. He was clearly very happy to score a try after so long.
  5. Edroy

Slimmer Halves

As has been mentioned by several posters, Mbye and Hokko's defence wasn't as strong as usual and I put it down to them slimming down over summer. I'm guessing this was what the trainer/Des wanted but it remains to be seen if it will benefit their running game. Both are clearly less muscular.
  6. Edroy

Paul Is A Real Kent

Just when I thought this bloke was alright, he goes and writes this crap. He chooses to highlight ONE occasion when the coach decided against sending players to visit sick kids (for a valid reason of having only a 5 day turnaround) whilst also choosing to ignore the many other times they've...
  7. Edroy

Jackson On Report

What do you guys think will be his punishment? I thought it was a bit careless to drop on the guys head but it was more an accident than anything. I wouldn't be surprised if he cops a week.
  8. Edroy

Bench Full of Forwards

Is this best for the team? 4 forwards on the bench? It's hard to bench or drop certain players but does Tolman really offer enough? Kasiano, Klemmer and Browne offer size and impact, as well as offloads. Tolman just works hard. If I was Des (lol) I'd start Kasiano and Graham, and have...
  9. Edroy

Positives to take into round 2

After playing terrible footy for the first hour, to put ourselves in a position to snatch a golden point finish is at least something we can take from that game. It defies logic that we had more energy after an hour than from the start, but the way we finished at least gives the boys and us...
  10. Edroy

Bulldogs 3-2-1

1. Kasiano - he made a huge difference when he came on. His offloads were crucial. 2. Bmoz - When we finally clicked he was brilliant. Took advantage of those offloads. 3. Klemmer - Gave good impact off the bench.
  11. Edroy

Attention: Bulldogs Visiting Jaycar Dubbo Tomorrow

From my inbox: The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs are encouraging all Bulldogs Members and fans in the Dubbo region to keep free 12pm – 1pm Wednesday 11th February. Four Bulldogs players, three members of our coaching staff and everybody’s favourite roving reporter, Steve Turner, will be...
  12. Edroy

2015 Banners

I searched but didn't see a recent banner thread, so... tell us your ideas regarding new recruits or just new ideas for old recruits. A couple of quick ones from me... Beware: Dogs Off the Lichaa Two Moz's Are Better Than One They're probably not new but whatevs.
  13. Edroy

Klemmer and Lichaa Videos on Official Website

Sorry guys I couldn't be bothered getting the links but I'm sure you have the bulldogs website bookmarked and the videos are easy enough to find (or you've already watched them) but I liked the mindset of these two young guys. Standard answers but I reckon (hope) they're both in for a big year...
  14. Edroy

Longest Serving Players

After watching some of the Broncos V Bulldogs match from 1991 before, it got me curious about players of that era. I only started following the team closely around 93 and have a terrible memory too. Anyway, I was surprised that Steve Reardon served as long as he did. 13 seasons according to the...
  15. Edroy

Defence Wins Premierships

Just watched the replay of the match and was surprised that we only had 43% of the ball. I think our completions were 30/39 though which is pretty good. It was our intensity and the speed of the game that amazed me though. I thought that in the 20 odd years I've been following the dogs, that it...
  16. Edroy

How Good is it Having the Tank Back?

I think it could be the difference in finishing 4th and winning the premiership. All season it's been one player back from injury, then another getting hurt. We haven't had our best 17 on the field in any match. But now we're only missing forwards mainly (although having Chase instead of Mitch...
  17. Edroy

Pros and Cons of the Semi Final

Pros: -We played some brilliant football at times -It was a tough game that required clutch plays -We live another week! Cons: -We put the cue in the rack way too early -We looked very tired at the back end and our D was scarily bad As much as I would have liked an easy win, the way it...
  18. Edroy

Bulldogs Shock the NRL World

2 wins from the last 8 regular season matches and then BAM! The doggies pull off the biggest ambush to annihilate the Storm. No one gave us a hope of making the second round of finals. Let's go all the way. Motto for the rest of the season: Shock the world!
  19. Edroy

Best Win of the First Round of the Finals

The mighty Bulldogs travelled to one of the hardest grounds to get a win. They played one of the best teams of the last decade. Not only were they victorious, they kept the Storm to one try from a kick, thus completing the best defensive performance of the first round of finals by a long way...
  20. Edroy

Excuses: Injuries and playing stats

There's so much melodrama on here about how bad our season has been (I've been guilty of it at times too) and lately I've been realistic about it, and put a lot of it down to injury disruptions. Well I thought I'd get the facts to see how bad it really has been. We've used 26 players this...
  21. Edroy

If Things Had Gone Our Way..

..we'd be sitting in 4th spot and likely to finish the regular season in 3rd. Two games which obviously cost us were the Panthers loss, when two no tries went against us. Stanley and Lafai tries ruled harshly or plain wrong. It isn't certain we would have won, but pretty likely if those...
  22. Edroy

Our Best Team

What's your best team if everyone is fit? I know I've been negative but reading that Frank might be back soon has given me some confidence again. We've really missed him tbh. Hopefully he gets at least two weeks to get some match fitness back before the finals and can have some impact. My team...
  23. Edroy

Do We Even Have A Competitive Squad?

One of my major criticisms of Hasler's is his recruitment, retention and development. I reckon many of the players in his squad are average and not good enough to win a premiership. He let Sezer and Carter go to Titans for a start. I would pick Sezer over both our current halves and Mbye to...
  24. Edroy

Moore Vs. Hasler

I've been as big a supporter as Des Hasler as anyone but 2013 and 2014 results cannot be denied. When Kevin Moore got the boot I felt he didn't get a good enough chance to prove he could coach, but how could anyone disagree with signing a coach with a record like Des? One of my criticisms of...
  25. Edroy

It's official...

..we are shit! We showed how good we CAN be against Manly and Melbourne only a couple of weeks ago and have been the worst team in the comp since. It's simply not good enough and tbh we'll be lucky to win again this season.
  26. Edroy

Thompson Saves The Day

Corey Thompson just keeps on performing. With the game on the line he took a superb catch to diffuse the chip by Cronk. I had visions of a few years ago when Cronk did a similar kick for the Storm to snatch the win from us but Thommo, like the whole team, did what was necessary and saved us big...
  27. Edroy

Best Win In More Than 20 Years

I've seen every game since the early 90s and I can say with certainty the win tonight is one of, if not the best I've ever seen. The guts and determination the guys showed was incredible. To beat the comp leading team missing 6 or 7 regulars is amazing.It wasn't pretty with many errors and...
  28. Edroy

Hodko & Grub Story on The Footy Show

There's a story on the footy show tonight about Trent and Josh's origin preparation. It hasn't been on yet so probably not long before they show it. For those that missed it.. http://www.jump-in.com.au/show/nrlfootyshow/latest/footy-show-news/2014/may/josh-reynolds-and-trent-hodkinson/
  29. Edroy

Josh Morris's Courage

Josh Morris hurts his knee in State of Origin 1, 2014. He limps to the sideline and is told by the physio that he's done his ACL, a season ending injury. Josh then sees Greg Inglis streaming downfield, and limp runs as best as he can after him and makes the tackle. There's only a handful of...
  30. Edroy

Terry Lamb on TV at 7:30pm

Selling NRL watches on TVSN no less. Should be "interesting". Baa is a champion but should NOT at be used as a speaker. Haha.
  31. Edroy

Worst Win Ever

I don't know about you guys but the overall feeling I got from the game today was that it was very sloppy. This is not a critical thread, more my expression of amazement that we played so poorly in areas yet won with ease. There were a lot of passes that hit the ground and late errors and...
  32. Edroy

Reynolds Faster Than Expected

Who else thought Grub had no chance of running all the way for that intercept try? I thought Dugan might catch him being closer on the field, but thought B.Morris would surely reel him in eventually. He was gaining on him all the way until around 30 or less out from the tryline and Grub changes...
  33. Edroy

NRL Park Footy

As I was watching yesterday's game at Leichhardt oval, I gazed upon those lovely, large brown patches of turf and thought what a marvelous and professional sport the NRL is. And then I stopped daydreaming... I cannot believe in 2014 that a supposed professional sporting code like the NRL can...
  34. Edroy

More Klemmer Time Please Desmondo

In the last few games Des has kept Klemmer Time to the last 20 (or there abouts) which has been good because he steamrolls the opposition, when other teams' packs are tiring. It's quite good coaching. Far be it from a mere mortal like myself to question Desmondo the great but I reckon Klemmer...
  35. Edroy

Josh Reynolds on Sterlo tonight

As the title says.
  36. Edroy

Round 1 2014: Goodnight Brisbane

With the Bulldogs' solid win over a decent Storm team and Brisbane getting their arses handed to them by the Warriors, does anyone else think were gonna whip them in a couple of weeks? I actually thought Brisbane had a good team, especially with Barba, and was going to be a tough match, but...
  37. Edroy

Will the Refs Kill the Game?

This year was like the last few for me. As the offseason gets underway and i have forgotten the highlights of the previous season, my interest in the NRL wanes. Then like usual, the closer it gets to the first game of the season, the excitement builds up inside me and I can't wait for the...
  38. Edroy

The comp is wide open

The final stretch of this season is possibly the most unpredictable, hence exciting I've seen. Any team in the top 8 can win. Souths: Have shown gritty toughness all season to overcome many good teams but have faltered to others. Roosters: Looked unbeatable most of the season but have lost...
  39. Edroy

New Bomb Tactic

Something that stood out last night was the countless times we bombed to the wing, only to bat the ball down to the opposition or knock on. This has been an issue for a while, mainly on the left wing. The thing is, Mitch and Josh often jump high enough to touch the ball so why aren't they...
  40. Edroy

Two Old Bulldog Names

Watching the U20 state of origin match and was reminded about Charly Runciman. He's playing for NSW U20s and Dragons is his club. There's a Britt in the NSW team too. I first heard of these guys a while back and wondered if anyone knows if they are related to Trent Runciman and Darren Britt...
  41. Edroy

Biggest Form Turn Around

Have you seen a team make a bigger form turn around than the Broncos tonight? They went from hopeless, unable to score versus the Roosters to almost beating the Storm and putting more points on them than I can remember any team doing so in a while. It just goes to show with the right attitude...
  42. Edroy

Long time reader, first time poster

Hey kennel how's it going? Been readding the kennel for a while and got my first kennel membership this season. Looking forward to having my say on all things Bulldogs.