Josh Morris's Courage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edroy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Josh Morris hurts his knee in State of Origin 1, 2014. He limps to the sideline and is told by the physio that he's done his ACL, a season ending injury. Josh then sees Greg Inglis streaming downfield, and limp runs as best as he can after him and makes the tackle.

There's only a handful of stories and video clips of courageous plays like this and with that effort by Morris, he joins a small group of players that will be remembered for amazing feats for the rest of time.

As courageous as it was, should it have been a penalty? He came from an offside position but I'm not sure if that's relevant when the player has ran more than 10 metres.

After his brilliant try saving tackle on Shaun Johnson the other week, J Moz has really stamped himself as an elite player. He's always been a very good player but these sort of plays takes him to the top echelon.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Love the bloke (no homo) and what he does for who ever he represents!

We don't know yet if its an ACL or season ending lol

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love the bloke (no homo) and what he does for who ever he represents!

We don't know yet if its an ACL or season ending lol
It's not acl, it's pcl and it's 6-8 weeks. And I do love him, full homo! Add grub, Hok and Laf to my man love too

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It's not acl, it's pcl and it's 6-8 weeks. And I do love him, full homo! Add grub, Hok and Laf to my man love too
All those blokes are favourites aswell!

So confirmed as that or speculated? I hope its a minor PCL sprain if its something since that would take 2 or so weeks to heal I believe

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All those blokes are favourites aswell!

So confirmed as that or speculated? I hope its a minor PCL sprain if its something since that would take 2 or so weeks to heal I believe
From his Facebook Page

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very courageous no doubt, hope he has speedy recovery. We need him on deck for our tilt at the premiership.

Symm

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No penalty. Play had moved forward 10 meters, so everyone is onside at that point, yeah?

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
His brother is injured has well right?
He should make it, he just need scans to see how his cuff is holding up but his shoulder popped back in and he had good movement in it so it might not be like Stanley's injurie.

Edroy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As has been said, it turned out to be his PCL that he injured but according to Andrew Johns, the physio told him it was his ACL and Josh said he figured he couldn't do any more damage so he chased after Inglis.

Even if they knew it was his PCL at the time, it would still be a courageous play. They said on the footy show 2-4 weeks out. Hopefully it's that rather than 6-8. Edit: Just saw the comment re: Josh saying 6-8 weeks on his Facebook page. It will really be a shame if he misses the rest of the series, not to mention many games for the dogs.

How proud would the Morris's be. Brett also showed a lot of courage playing on after partially dislocating his shoulder, especially in stopping Boyd from scoring.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Both Morris boys were brilliant. Ours is still better though!

jmaamary

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem with diagnosing ACL and PCL injuries, on the field they both present the same, the joint is able to be manipulated back and forth which is why an MRI is the only way to find out. By the sounds of it, it's a grade 2 tear so 6-8 sounds about right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The thing is we will suffer and struggle through this origin period but bloody hell well come out firing the business end of the season,our players will be more match hardened,experienced and so much better for the experience . As the saying goes 1 step back to take 2 forward

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Tbh bretts one on one try saving effort on darius boyd with the busted shoulder was the pick of the night for me.

ninja_h

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The twins are in sync of each other..I remember in round 2 or 3 Brett did the awesome intercept try and in same week Josh attempted one as well

Godspeed recovery both of them!

Status
Not open for further replies.