Search results

1. P

Welcome Back.

I would like to take this opportunity to welcome back young Mitchell after he was the latest to fall victim. Please join with me in welcoming him back, as we are now blessed with the pressence of everyones favourite spamming duo back together. *waits for tdogg to come and go "ooooooooooooooo...
  2. P

Soliola Goooooooooooooooooooone

Ruben Wiki will captain the Kiwis for the Gillette Tri-Nations series. The Kiwis take on Australia in the opening game of the tournament on Saturday, October 15 at Sydney's Telstra Stadium. Coach Brian McClennan said,"Ruben is one of the greatest players I've ever had the pleasure of...
  3. P

Grand Final: Bradford v Leeds

Bulls victorious in thrilling encounter FRIDAY - 7th October 2005 Jon Wilkin’s first hat-trick for St Helens was in vain as Bradford squeezed through to their fifth successive Super League Grand Final with a 23-18 win. A second try from in-form centre Shontayne Hape - his...
  4. P

Dogs v Rorters 2006.

Now firstly, I don't want any of that crap about how Im getting ahead of myself here, blah blah blah. I just wanna look at something to see how our beloved side and those other people, match up next season, due to some things ive read on other forums. Here goes... Luke Patten v Anthony...
  5. P

Warrington Knocked Out By Hull!!

LOL. WIRE GOOOOOOOOOOONE! Unlucky to Joey and his pommy mates. SATURDAY - 24th September 2005 Hull’s Kangaroo winger Nathan Blacklock dashed the Super League Grand final hopes of his fellow countryman Andrew Johns of Warrington, who heads home to Australia with dreams of glory...
  6. P

The Positional Contenders for GB

Well, I’m quite bored and I’ve got ESL in my head, so I’ve decided to come up with a list of the positional contenders for the Great Britain side in the upcoming Tri Series. It’ll be made up of the players included in the Great Britain Train-on squad, plus a couple of extras, I might even add a...
  7. P

St Helens v Wigan - Round 27

This is some what of a little match review from the game between, the great St Helens Saints and very, very angry, Wigan Warriors played last weekend. I watched the replay today, and to tell you the honest to god truth, had the Warrington v Leeds game not been on after this match, I probably...
  8. P

The new channel v bloke.

Has anyone seen him? I forget his name. Am I the only person in the world that thinks hes a complete tosser? I have no idea how the hell he won, but hey, ya get that.
  9. P

Rooney fears spot, Only Kennedy added to Train on squad.

Rooney fears for Tri-Nations place 13 September 2005 A knee injury will not keep Luke Rooney out of the Tri-Nations rugby league campaign. But the lanky Penrith winger fears missing the Prime Minister's XIII clash against Papua New Guinea on Sunday as well as the NRL finals will put...
  10. P

Newton gets 6 weeks.

Wigan and Great Britain international, Terry Newton has been suspended for 10 weeks, and fined 600 pounds following his game on the weekend. Results from the RFL Disciplinary Committee – Tuesday September 13 2005 TUESDAY - 13th September 2005 The following relate to engage Super League...
  11. P

Long Gooooooooooooooone

Long out of play-offs and probably Tri Nations St Helens and Great Britain scrum-half Sean Long has been ruled out of the Super League play-offs and is almost certain to miss the Gillette Tri-Nations Series. The 28-year-old has a fractured left cheekbone, it has been confirmed, and will...
  12. P

Morley: I was off the pace.

Morley: I was off the pace SUNDAY - 11th September 2005 Great Britain forward Adrian Morley admitted he was "off the pace" after making a low-key start to his brief Bradford career in the Bulls' 52-34 win over Huddersfield. The former Leeds favourite, who has joined the Bulls on a...
  13. P

Eorl Crabtree

Remember this name come Tri Nations time people. This guy is an absolute gun player, hes about 196 cm tall, 110 kg, he is Great Britains version of Willie Mason, a hard, destructive runner, offloads at will and very mobile in defense for a big bloke. I will be very surprised if this...
  14. P

Warrington v Hull - LIVE

We're getting Joeys next game live again, this time against Challange Cup Champions, Hull FC. I'm definitely watching this one, can't wait for it. It'll be great. I think we could be seeing a preview for battle of the half backs for the Tri Nations, with Johns lining up against Richard Horne...
  15. P

5/8 of the year.

lol. I laughed at this, though I kinda expected it. I literally spat whatever it was i had in my mouth out last night when he won it. I thought Barrett would've got it, but seeing Anasta polled so well in the Dally M votes no real surprise. Oh well, well done Braith, you've been called the...
  16. P

Who?

I was watching a show on Fox Sports the other day about Sports, and the people that are most well recognised within the Sport, as the face of the sport, one of, if not the greatest player, to play the sport (from Australia). I had a think about it, for a few major sports in Australia, and most...
  17. P

Mason gets the pumpkin!

lol. For his little episode at the end of the match with Chris Heighington. I think they should give it to Andrew Ryan for deciding to kick a penalty goal! Can someone tell me why the hell he actually did that?? Because I haven't watched the match.
  18. P

The Back Page

Whos watching these wa nkers and the hiding we are copping off them? Its bloody rediculous.
  19. P

Vagana's goatee.

Who saw it? lol. Its awesome, I wouldn't be surprised if it had a spiders webs and shiit in it lol. The commentators on fox sports are obsessed with it.
  20. P

Penrith to release Wessar????

Just read this on Leagueunlimited. The following is from Brisbane's Sunday Mail 14/08/05. Penrith is in trouble. Big, scary NRL salary cap-type trouble. So much so, star fullback and Queensland Origin hero Rhys Wesser is going to be released. It is likely to happen at the end of this...
  21. P

Melbourne to host 3rd Origin Next Year.

Melbourne to host third and final Origin clash next year Written by: NRL Media 12/08/2005 Views: 13 Melbourne will host the third and final rugby league State of Origin match next year. The match will be staged at the Telstra Dome while the city will also stage a game during the...
  22. P

Why?!?!?!

1. Jamaal Lolesi 2. Cameron Phelps 3. Dallas McIlwain 4. Reni Maitua 5. Matt Utai * 6. Braith Anasta 7. Corey Hughes 8. Mark O'Meley 9. Adam Brideson 10. Roy Asotasi 11. Willie Mason 12. Andrew Ryan (c) 13. Tony Grimaldi Interchange: 14. Daniel Irvine 15. Chris Armit 16. Nate...
  23. P

Chris Walker.

Question for the Roosters people. Has Chris Walker signed with someone for nexy year yet? If so, who are the poor souls that picked him up, and for how long?
  24. P

Shannon Hegarty

The guys on NRL scoreboard were just talking about Shannon Hegarty and the form he is at the moment, and how it's not as good as it was when he was with the Roosters. I agree with these guys whole heartedly, but I think it's going to change. Hegarty showed glimpses of his best against the...
  25. P

Observe.

Okay, so the Rabbits beat us. Set back yes. But it doesn't matter, it's not season over. So before everyone goes stressing and making threads about why we lost and how we're crap and aren't gonna make the finals, just don't. We can bounce back from this, we don't need to get all emotional...
  26. P

Todays coverage.

Can someone tell me what time Fox Sports have the Bulldogs game on today? I can't be bothered looking for the Austar TV Guide. Thanks in advance.
  27. P

Geyer: Tigers will win the competition in the next 2 years.

Mark Geyer just made the call on the Roast that he thinks the Wests Tigers will win the competition in the next years. Thoughts people? Agree or Disagree? Personally, I think the Tigers are gonna do what the Panthers did, take a team of young kids to a Premiership, I'm not necessarily...
  28. P

Mark Gasnier - Best Centre in the world: Fact or Fiction?

As above. Matthew Johns just made the call on channel 9 that Gasnier is the best centre in the world by a mile. Personally I think he's still got a bit to do to be classed as best centre in the world. Guys like Nigel Vagana and Willie Tonga still have it over him imo. Even after watching...
  29. P

Ray Hadley

Okay, A couple of yes or no answers required, is it true Ray Hadley is on the footy show this evening? And if so, is it a permanent thing or a one night stand?
  30. P

Opposing "Supporters" (and I use the term loosely)

The lounge might not be the place for this, but oh well. Okay, I have visited an opposing teams forums pretty frequently over the past few days. I have no drawn a conclusion. Almost [Keyword there] every Roosters supporter on The Wall is a bandwagon supporter!! It is cracking me up going...
  31. P

Sony Australia

I Was wondering if anyone can tell me an email address to contact Sony on? Ive looked on the website, the only email I can find is the one if you want a job, and thats not what I need. So if anyone can help, that would be appreciated.
  32. P

Mundine?

Could someone please tell me what has happened to Anthony Mundines over publicised come back to Rugby League? Was it all just a load of crapola?
  33. P

Brian Carney Signs With Gold Coast

Just announced on the Footy show that Great Britain International Winger Brian Carney has signed with the Gold Coast for 2007. It's also likely the Carney will line up for the Tigers in the NRL in 2006. This is a huge signing for the Gold Coast, as Carney is an awesome player and...
  34. P

O'Meley Misses Out.

Gower and Tahu recalled for Origin 3 Mon Jun 27, 11:46am (NSW) Written by: Matthew O'Neill The New South Wales State of Origin selectors have been forced to make two changes that defeated Queensland in the second match with Craig Gower and Timana Tahu coming in for Craig Wing and Luke Rooney...
  35. P

This weeks reason why Rabbits is a legend!!!!

How can you people argue the fact that rabs isnt a hero?!?!! Listen to him, hes getting stuck in!! Hes even cooler this week than last week! Hes sticking it up all those *****s that called Anasta over rated and pissing off Gus what more could ya want! Rabbits, you are my hero, yet again. :D
  36. P

Rabbits Would Be Scared Stiff!

lol. This thread is dedicated to Ray Warren. I don't care what the rest of you **** and bandwagon ******s say, but Rabbits is an absolute legend! Rugby League would be lost without him!! It would make my Sunday afternoons and Friday nights far less enjoyable if Rabs were not involved. The...
  37. P

Whos it gotta be - Ryles, Bailey or Simpson?

Well with the pending return of Mark O'Meley today against the Raiders, as much as it pisses me off to say it, he will most likely be selected for Origin 3 (In an ideal world, he'd be as far away as possible, but it won't happen), this brings me to the question of who do you guys think will get...
  38. P

Interesting

I just saw an Interesting stat on NRL Scoreboard. Our stats in terms of win/loss etc, this year are EXACTLY the same this year as they were in 1996, the year after the last time we won the premiership. Personally I think that is a little freaky, but it might just be me.
  39. P

30 seconds baby!!!!

Now that was absolute class!! First 30 seconds or whatever! The pass to Utai was gold. ohh, penalty, good call old mate, things are looking positive. lol
  40. P

Ricketsons a thug.

I am currently watching the game, and I have just witnessed an extremely half assed attempt at a biff between Reni Maitua and pretty boy Luke Ricketson. This has drawn me to the conclusion that Ricketson is a thug! Thats right! Hes a thug! Hes always starting biffs the sunsilk homo! And...
  41. P

Souths

Just started watching the Rabbits, wondering why John Sutton and the MacDougal brothers, (Adam any way..not sure if they said if Luke was playing or not) aren't playing? Are they injured? Hope they haven't dropped Sutton for Brett Kearney.
  42. P

4 weeks down - Pretenders and Contenders.

Okay with 4 weeks gone this season, we've seen a few unexpected victories and some unexpected form slumps from the top teams. So this brings me to ask you guys who you think the pretenders and the contenders are for season 2005, and what teams will come good and which will be the victims of...
  43. P

Prediction: Bulldogs 52 - Rorters 10.

Since I am now fully aware of the fact that I am allowed to bait people, I will take advantage of it :D. I will now boldly predict that in Round 6, the Bulldogs will wipe the Rorters off the park, due to the Bondi panseys taking us lightly due to our recent poor form. But we'll learn them...
  44. P

Wanker!!!

****** Gould...he just said something like this, keeping in mind that its round 3 "After the first 40 minutes against the dragons, the bulldogs were up 28 nil and everyone was asking whos gonna beat the bulldogs? But now 2 weeks later, just about everyone else has beaten them" or something like...
  45. P

QLD Squad

Okay, got one for the blues, now one for QLD. 1. Bowen 2. Hegarty 3. Berrigan 4. Tonga 5. Slater 6. Lockyer 7. Prince 8. Webcke 9. Smith 10. Price 11. Thorn 12. Civoneceva 13. Harrison 14. Thurston..theres always a bolter. 15. Webb 16. Ross 17. Crocker