Soccer The Gunners Super Thread

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hope this Ozil signing is a catalyst for change, once one quality star comes in hopefully the rest will follow. Just look at Robinho with City.
I think it will

We have the best attacking midfielder in the league. Strikers would love to have the chance to play with Ozil.

Best signing since Bergkamp

Dogandgunner

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess the little boy inside of him can go **** himself lol

Hints of a rift between star striker and new manager at Old Trafford.

Manchester United striker Robin van Persie is reportedly unimpressed by the work done by Sir Alex Ferguson’s successor David Moyes so far, according to the Daily Star.

The Scot moved from Everton to take over at United this summer following the retirement of Ferguson, and has big boots to fill after replacing one of the most successful managers in the history of the game.

Many questioned Moyes’ credentials for the job, as he had never managed to win silverware during his time at Goodison Park, and though it’s still early days for the new boss, he seemingly doesn’t have the full faith of one of his star players.

Ferguson is thought to have played a big part in convincing van Persie to make the controversial move to United from rivals Arsenal, and it is now suggested that he misses his old manager’s influence at the club.

The Dutchman appeared uncharacteristically frustrated in his side’s 1-0 defeat to Liverpool last weekend, and a source close to the player has revealed he is not happy under the new regime at the club.

“Robin isn’t happy and when that’s the case he can’t hide it on the pitch,” a friend allegedly said.

“When he’s frustrated he is capable of doing something silly, and you could see that against Liverpool.

“He feels it isn’t the same with the new manager as he misses working with Fergie, who he really loved playing under. Some of Moyes’ training methods are not to his liking either.”

Moyes’ work in the transfer window this summer has also come under some scrutiny, with the 50-year-old failing to bring in a number of the club’s top targets.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Given that Woodward and Moyes make Wenger and Gazidis look extremely competent, I'm inclined to believe this.

I'm dying to hear Wenger's reasons for not pursuing Higuain with the same vigour he pursued Ozil.
Personally I think he just turned his attention over to Saurez, but I doubt we'll ever get an answer.

In hindsight I'm not so sure he messed up. We would have had to pay overs for Higiuan and Wenger knew it. By January, I think we'll be in the market for that quality striker for a reasonable/if not unders price. And probably younger

I think it will

We have the best attacking midfielder in the league. Strikers would love to have the chance to play with Ozil.

Best signing since Bergkamp
I agree, although I got a feeling Giroud will have a career defying season. Just a feeling, but I think he'll have a monster year up front...

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
What could he possibly be unhappy about?! Granted, you'll have to give Moyes a little time but he's at a great club, great manager, great squad?!?!

It appears RVP just wants its all handed to him on a silverplatter.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Awwwwww. Poor Wevy is upset. Pwease don't sell Ozil.

Betrayed Spurs chief Levy 'asked Real Madrid to pull the plug on Ozil's £42.5m move to rivals Arsenal'

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy attempted to block Arsenal's £42.5million capture of Mesut Ozil on transfer deadline day, according to reports in Spain.

Levy was stunned to discover the Germany midfielder was on his way to their north London rivals after being told he was not for sale by Real Madrid.

Spurs had enquired about the availability of Ozil in July and August during discussions over the world record £86m transfer of Gareth Bale.

Spanish newspaper El Confidencial claimed Levy called Real president Florentino Perez on Monday in an attempt to stop Ozil's transfer to Arsenal.

Levy felt betrayed after lengthy negotiations over Bale and a partnership agreement between Spursand the Spanish giants that was agreed when Luka Modric left White Hart Lane last summer.

But Perez politely informed Levy that the deal to sell Ozil to Arsenal was all but done.

Ozil admitted he had not expected to leave the Spanish giants but revealed once it was clear he no longer figured in the first-team plans of Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti following the signing of Bale, he had no hesitation in moving on to a fresh challenge at Arsenal.

'At the weekend, I was certain that I would stay at Real Madrid, but afterwards I realised that I did not have the faith from the coach or the bosses,' Ozil said in an interview with the German Football Association's official website, www.dfb.de.

'I am a player who needs this faith and that is what I have felt from Arsenal, which is why I have joined.

'Wenger gives me the faith and I can develop further. I know what I can do and I know that I could make the grade with any club in the world because I am so convinced in myself, but if I don't feel people have faith in me, then that is why I had to leave and at Arsenal, I feel I have this fully.

'I am sure the new coach is going to develop me further and I am also really looking forward to playing in the Premier League.'

Before Sunday's 1-0 win over big-spending Tottenham, Wenger had seen moves for Gonzalo Higuain, Luis Suarez and Yohan Cabaye all fail to materialise, and only secured the free transfers of Yaya Sanogo and Mathieu Flamini, before a loan move for Palermo goalkeeper Emiliano Viviano was completed on deadline day.

Although being signed initially as support for Wojciech Szczesny and Lukasz Fabianski, the 27-year-old Italy keeper fully intends to make the most of any opportunities which come his way.

'I think it is a good thing that there are other great goalkeepers here. It is a positive fight,' Viviano said.

Arsenal had also been keen to bring in some more offensive cover and looked at a loan deal for Chelsea forward Demba Ba, but the Stamford Bridge club were not interested in reaching such an agreement with their rivals.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...iel-Levy-tried-block-Mesut-Ozils-Arsenal.html

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
ozil is a massive signing for arsenal - if its true united didnt want him we are fukked :(

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Chris, I HIGHLY doubt it's true. Just medai BS, me thinks.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Chrisy, you should know if United want somebody, they get him.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Are you now a gunners fan Ozman?
Im just glad to see Ozil in the EPL and playing for Arsenal and not either Utd or Chelsea, he has been one of my favourite players since his days at Breman.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Chrisy, you should know if United want somebody, they get him.
Thats not the case with the current management they have.

That Woodward guy is an amateur and he got shown in the last transfer window. If Gil was still there, then Moyes would have gotten the players he wanted.

Tank

Salute It!
Reaction score
Even with the injuries we have, can you honestly see Sunderland beating this team?

COYG!!!!!!

Naki

Kennel Established
Reaction score
that squad on paper is fuucking gun... on paper that is

oh and i read that in January our main priority is a world class striker... again suarez's situation at Liverpool will be monitored

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
that squad on paper is fuucking gun... on paper that is

oh and i read that in January our main priority is a world class striker... again suarez's situation at Liverpool will be monitored
With Ozil in our stable I'm sure we can attract a good striker.

Naki

Kennel Established
Reaction score
With Ozil in our stable I'm sure we can attract a good striker.
although i'd love a quality striker... i don't really think we need one... Giroud is in massive form.. If Fabregas could make Adebayor a 20+ goal scorer... what would Ozil do with Giroud?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
although i'd love a quality striker... i don't really think we need one... Giroud is in massive form.. If Fabregas could make Adebayor a 20+ goal scorer... what would Ozil do with Giroud?
True.

Do you think we need any more players?

Naki

Kennel Established
Reaction score
True.

Do you think we need any more players?
DMF and a CB possibly? I really think we need a quality right back... Yes, Sagna is great but i honestly don't rate Jenkinson... We've probably got a top 3 Midfield also

Naki

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Oh and a world class GK... Lloris would honestly be perfect for us