News Jackson Topine takes Bulldogs to court

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
don't forget they are people as well, it shouldn't be such a gap that we treat them with jealousy and that they should be put through torture because they earn bigger money and are famous

for example someone on here used him playing poker as a negative, as if the player is meant to be training like rocky all the time and is not allowed to enjoy himself
Every training session is torture, it's supposed to be hard, it has to hard, both mentally and physically.

Always a Bulldog

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Would love to know what players he wrestled considering 10 of the top players were on the injured list three days before the wrestle. I am assuming that injured players would not have been involved .Some were slated to return the next round but as it stood none of them did except BBO to NSW cup.. Topine was named 18th man.

This has the potential to be a big problem for all clubs and the NRL in general in relation to conditions of employment and the dealing out of punishment.

INJURED IN ROUND 20

Toby Sexton (face/head knock) — TBA

Braidon Burns (leg/ankle) — TBA

BULLDOGS

Ryan Sutton (neck/head) — TBC

Josh Addo-Carr (hamstring) — Round 21

Bailey Biondi-Odo (knee) — Round 21

Karl Oloapu (neck) — Round 22

Viliame Kikau (pectoral) — Round 22

Luke Thompson (foot) — indefinite

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
With due respect , You are just talking out of your arse .

You are questioning the credibility and reputation of not only ARPANSA , TGA (national regulatory bodies) but also IAEA (international one)

Nuclear facility is the most secured , highly guarded and heavily regulated site in entire Australia .

No incident on site or offsite can be brushed under the carpet.
Am I? So how come i know about the little burial ground? Or the primary school fiasco (that one was in the Leader plus my inside knowledge). Or the beta incident that 3 years later arpansa still hadn't ruled on. The liquid nitrogen incident - well that guy - we went to Uni together and still keep up with him today.

None of these are within the scope of the TGA and IAEA aren't involved unless reported by arpansa anyways. Because in world terms, ansto is very very small fry.

You guys still have any ideas what you buried in the little burial ground for 30 years? :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Two for the price of one;

I disagree, it was training, training him in the discipline required to be an NRL player. The disciplinary action itself was in line with normal training methods.

How do you know that it was "the same issue"? Maybe they were both late but for Knight it was his first office, maybe he was only 1 minute late and it was Topine's (pick a number) offence and he was 20 minutes late. Maybe it wasn't wrestling practise day for Knight and the usual punishment is in line with whatever day it was. Maybe it was "haircut day" that Knight was late for, who knows.

Always a Bulldog
Lot of maybes :tearsofjoy:

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I had a mate talk me into playing some touch footy when I was 35. I protested that I wasn't fit enough. I was told if I look tired the coach will pull me off. I told him I'd play. Last time I played a team sport they just gave us oranges. Player welfare has drastically improved if hand jobs are in the table to combat fatigue.
This would've been around 2014 right?

bulldogruss

est.1980
Reaction score
or - they no longer do that level of punishment. all I can base this on (not being privy to the inner sanctum) is a hair dye is pretty light on relative to this.
You’ve repeatedly used Liam Knights punishment as some type of evidence that Topine was unfairly treated, or punishments have changed since. However it shouldn’t be assumed, especially when you consider what has previously been publicly mentioned.

Quoting Ciraldo on 30th August last year “We’ve gone through a range of different ways of talking about holding standards, some of it has been monetary related, some of it has been spinning a wheel and then some of it has been ways to change behaviours.”

Liam Knights is only known due to it obviously standing out. We don’t know all the other people who have been fined, span the wheel and received similar or different punishments, or had other punishments on them to change behaviours, before or after Topine’s incident.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not that strapping.

Tells you what is it.
_______

Strapping is a professional sporting term for preparation.
if what a couple of Kennelers have said is the definition of what transpired, then the player is trying to argue he didn’t need to do any preparation for training? Really?

alwaysthesun

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of the things that separates those who make it, and those who don't, is the mental toughness side.. it's not something just anybody can handle.. that's why I think the NRL really do need to back us.. the game is built on players pushing themselves to places that not many want to go.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would love to know what players he wrestled considering 10 of the top players were on the injured list three days before the wrestle. I am assuming that injured players would not have been involved .Some were slated to return the next round but as it stood none of them did except BBO to NSW cup.. Topine was named 18th man.

This has the potential to be a big problem for all clubs and the NRL in general in relation to conditions of employment and the dealing out of punishment.

INJURED IN ROUND 20

BULLDOGS

Ryan Sutton (neck/head) — TBC

Josh Addo-Carr (hamstring) — Round 21

Bailey Biondi-Odo (knee) — Round 21

Karl Oloapu (neck) — Round 22

Viliame Kikau (pectoral) — Round 22

Luke Thompson (foot) — indefinite

Already is a problem default punishment will be stood down from the games don’t agree with all the BS but political correctness will prevail and force this BS on the game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Am I? So how come i know about the little burial ground? Or the primary school fiasco (that one was in the Leader plus my inside knowledge). Or the beta incident that 3 years later arpansa still hadn't ruled on. The liquid nitrogen incident - well that guy - we went to Uni together and still keep up with him today.

None of these are within the scope of the TGA and IAEA aren't involved unless reported by arpansa anyways. Because in world terms, ansto is very very small fry.

You guys still have any ideas what you buried in the little burial ground for 30 years? :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

This shit is funny as .
Bro don’t stop .
Burial site ? Buhahaha
The dosimeters would be going off on every bloke in the vicinity.
You think it’s some back yard operation in lakemba. lol

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This shit is funny as .
Bro don’t stop .
Burial site ? Buhahaha
How come you know about the Lakemba operation?
That's classified Top Secret.

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
One of the things that separates those who make it, and those who don't, is the mental toughness side.. it's not something just anybody can handle.. that's why I think the NRL really do need to back us.. the game is built on players pushing themselves to places that not many want to go.
The court case will decide whether or not the alleged wrestling was unlawful punishment and/or humiliation. I think the claim talks about deprivation of liberty and corporal punishment?
I can't think of any situation where unlawful detention, punishment or humiliation of another human being is justified.
The court will make a decision based on the facts and according to the law.
If such practices are happening in any workplace, then they must be stamped out.

alwaysthesun

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The court case will decide whether or not the alleged wrestling was unlawful punishment and/or humiliation. I think the claim talks about deprivation of liberty and corporal punishment?
I can't think of any situation where unlawful detention, punishment or humiliation of another human being is justified.
The court will make a decision based on the facts and according to the law.
If such practices are happening in any workplace, then they must be stamped out.
Given the general concesus is that this stuff does go on at all clubs, it is something the NRL need to get involved in, because it's ridiculous if we go down for something that is and has been a part of the sport for a long time.. I mean if they have those punishments in place, you'd assume the players are aware and are OK with it.. I mean you could have multiple players do it, and cop it on the chin, but one guy decides after the fact that he's not, and subsequently thinks he is owed 4million.

Last edited:

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
This shit is funny as .
Bro don’t stop .
Burial site ? Buhahaha
So u don't know about the little burial ground? And u work or worked for ANSTO right? Mebbe go have a chat to Tim Payne and he can tell you all about it. Its even on your own website ffs.

And no, if it was a backyard op in Lakemba you'd be flogging isotopes to every second guy. You guys don't sell them, you just lose them. :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Seems like you guys do have some experience in this.
ARPANSA and ANSTO (and NATA BTW) only get away with it because they all have a common interest in sweeping any problem under the rug.
And IAEA accepts any BS they put up. What would they do about it anyhow?
Canberra bureaucrats and politicians have no chance of getting their heads around it.
And the public really haven't got a clue. They think the stuff stays in Lucas Heights.
Any person who ever needs a therapeutic dose is playing Russian Roulette.
When Dutton said Australia could build a nuclear power plant in 10 years I fell out of my chair with laughter.
NATA are a laugh too but I think that because people misunderstand what they are about. They just ensure you have a process. The process can be shit, awesome or whatever - you just have to have a process. People think they police a good process. Nope.

Funny side story - mate of mine started as a lab jockey straight out of Uni at ANSTO with some senior guys. Anyways - some IAEA conference was coming up in Moscow and these senior guys were meant to go and present. Then ANSTO had one of the many restructures and those senior guys all got the ass. Next thing my guy, 5 months in, is the only one left out of the team. Yet the Oz govt said we were going - so he got the gig to present Australia's nuclear waste policy at Moscow. First he needed security clearance, so off to ASIO for training (i.e. to be told to steam up mirrors in case there was something behind them) and which nationalities to be wary of. Believe this or not, yes all the usual culprits (Russians etc.) but ASIO were adamant, keep away from ANY Indonesians. Like wtf did Indonesia do?

Anyways - off he goes. He basically knows shit but wings it. Just before leaving he decides to wander around Moscow and do the tourist thing. Basically, he fcks up and misses his flight, books another hotel near the airport and organises another flight in a couple of days. Apparently ASIO shat themselves and sent embassy people hunting for him all over Moscow. Not once did ASIO think to call his parents to see if they'd heard from him, he'd called them and told them where he was. Next thing he finally makes Sydney and basically Fed police practically storm the plane. Poor cnt fckng shat himself.

We laugh about it now - but thats where IAEA are at - we sent a lab jockey to them as our rep and they never had the faintest idea. Lol.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
So u don't know about the little burial ground? And u work or worked for ANSTO right? Mebbe go have a chat to Tim Payne and he can tell you all about it. Its even on your own website ffs.

And no, if it was a backyard op in Lakemba you'd be flogging isotopes to every second guy. You guys don't sell them, you just lose them. :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
I'm jumping in late but what's the deal with a burial ground?