Nick Meaney

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Melbourne don't make top 5 last year without Meaney, he was that good there was talk before the year where Paps would fit. Eventually they shipped Olam off so Meaney could play centre

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He wasn’t shit with us. He debuted in a shocking team and still managed to get recruited by the storm. He’s done very well
Like a huge number of players recruited by the storm. Meaney is super consistent. Great at kick defence. Decent in attack. Probably not too big of a drain on the salary cap. But gets a pass mark or better in any backline position.

I wasn't happy to see him leave.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's reliable, he's consistent and probably just above average but he looks a lot better on the Storm team because of the great players around him thus simplifying his role.

He has improved a lot over the last 3 years because of the above.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He was shit with us... he got better, it happens lol

He was not shit with us he was solid and still early in his development trying to learn his trade in a horrible squad, He played well enough for craig bellamy to notice.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
That's a fair call, but does defect from overwhelming majority that said he's not FG standard.
Meaney is reliable as and having him on wing outside Crichton would be great value for money, I rate Wilson for similar reasons to why I rated Meaney. Hopefully our club doesn't make the same mistake again.
He was not first grade standard when he was at the Dogs. Also if you put him in our team now he wouldn't look anywhere near as good as he does at the Storm. The Stom are a WAY better team with Paps at fullback. Even Fa'alogo is already way better than Meaney.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He was not first grade standard when he was at the Dogs. Also if you put him in our team now he wouldn't look anywhere near as good as he does at the Storm. The Stom are a WAY better team with Paps at fullback. Even Fa'alogo is already way better than Meaney.
That can all be argued yes. All I will say is that Billy Slater was full of praise for him in his podcast this week.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If he's so bad then why did they just re-sign him until the end of 26?

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Do you understand English? Where did I say that he's so bad?
Your, English, not so much at times.

You're saying they have better players in their entire backline, I'm saying if he's so average then why did they extend him for two more seasons

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Your, English, not so much at times.

You're saying they have better players in their entire backline, I'm saying if he's so average then why did they extend him for two more seasons
I literally mentioned only 2 players who are fullbacks. He is a NRL level starter for them. He's better than Remis Smith. If he were at the Bulldogs I wouldn't have him start at fullback or centre.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Does he still get pushed back in every tackle due to no leg power or was that only for us as usual?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If he's so bad then why did they just re-sign him until the end of 26?
Because he does a job for minimum wage and they can spend the rest of their cap on other areas ie Munster, grant, Hughes and their 2 fullbacks

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Meaneys consistency is a Reflection on the Storm club also & Bellamy.. but good luck to Meaney hes punching above his weight and is consistent..

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score