OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Thread | Bulldogs 16 - 20 Souths

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
JD threw us under the blus and claimed we did 5 hip drops or something to later have Preston cleared of it, you'd think he would come out and appologise after how he reacted.. it shows the type of person he is who can't own up to his mistakes.

CC needs to come out and ripping into the refs like the sticky or robbo, its clear he isn't happy about it and it has to be known especially after what souths got away with on Friday, cop the fine but look like you got some nads for a change!

Even someone needs to get in Laundys ear and let me unleash.
For a club ambassador in Josh Reynolds to rip into them says it all. We need to continue being vocal.

Sent from my SM-X200 using Tapatalk

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Look at the effort from our winger that was a late inclusion. Clearly not match fit, should have played cup.

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Josh Reynolds like so many other blue and white diehards was looking forward to the game all week.
Which means, win or lose, looking forward to an exciting and entertaining game.
But what we get week after week is for incompetent 'officiating' to be the centre of attention. Not the actual game.
The older fans often reminisce about how great rugby league was in the 70s and 80s.
And it has occurred to me a key difference between then and now was the experience of watching games without the constant anxiety of having the ref make a stupid, unfavourable decision.
The actual game was the centre of attention.
Not the referee.
Every week Josh Reynolds and the rest of us get excited about the upcoming game. With all the emotional investment that goes into that.
Only to realise not too soon after kick-off, Bulldogs will have their tries and their tackles reviewed 100 times while Latrell Mitchell dangerously knocks out one of our players and it is 'sorry, half time'.
Or his dumb brother points his shoulder at Preston's jaw, only for it to be determined an accidental contact. Or...
Every week fans turn on the tele ready to enjoy a game, only to realise soon after kick-off 'Here we go again, what mistake will the referee make next to disadvantage the Dogs?'
NRL is a joke.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Look at the effort from our winger that was a late inclusion. Clearly not match fit, should have played cup.
I seen this yesterday and thought the exact same
Thing… I bet Wilson would have had more
Effort in getting back then
This bloke.

I really don’t want him in the team, always goes for the glory play , the intercept and most times it doesn’t come off.

Wilson, Kiraz or Skelton ahead of him
For me.

Tracey to fullback,
Xerri to centre

dogsday

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
Josh Reynolds like so many other blue and white diehards was looking forward to the game all week.
Which means, win or lose, looking forward to an exciting and entertaining game.
But what we get week after week is for incompetent 'officiating' to be the centre of attention. Not the actual game.
The older fans often reminisce about how great rugby league was in the 70s and 80s.
And it has occurred to me a key difference between then and now was the experience of watching games without the constant anxiety of having the ref make a stupid, unfavourable decision.
The actual game was the centre of attention.
Not the referee.
Every week Josh Reynolds and the rest of us get excited about the upcoming game. With all the emotional investment that goes into that.
Only to realise not too soon after kick-off, Bulldogs will have their tries and their tackles reviewed 100 times while Latrell Mitchell dangerously knocks out one of our players and it is 'sorry, half time'.
Or his dumb brother points his shoulder at Preston's jaw, only for it to be determined an accidental contact. Or...
Every week fans turn on the tele ready to enjoy a game, only to realise soon after kick-off 'Here we go again, what mistake will the referee make next to disadvantage the Dogs?'
NRL is a joke.
I'm one of those ( Berries Bulldogs ) supporters of the 66 to 80s, & loved going to the best game of all ( in the day ) always would finish playing junior league & head off to Belmore to watch what you would actually call real rugby league when there were actual men playing against men hard hits punch ups & whatnot.
The game has now turned into a farce with the bias refereeing & gambling, things really do need to change before rugby league is NO more.

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clearly CC has issues with criteria of selection retention criteria, Gus mentioned it last year at halftime againgst the sharts at sharts park when he commented the two boopers need to be on the park after half time this was a message to CC, Gus was annoyed.

Last edited:

milkdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
My take on the Good Friday clash of 2024:
1. Fox looks cooked. We all know what he has produced for NSW and Australia but at the moment he is offering far less than Wilson. There was a time in the first quarter of the game and south’s made a break and the fox honestly couldn’t keep up and that was early in the game.

2. Obviously we got some rough calls from the Ref especially the Tass hold down before halftime. That’s ten in the bin every day of the week BUT let’s be honest we had more than enough chances to ice that game with the amount of ball we had in good positions. We just couldn’t execute the play. Idk if that means Burton or Hutch is the problem.

I think if we had a solid dominant middle forward to help king out and an experienced half we obviously would win a lot more games this year. On a positive I guess you could be kind of proud that we didn’t let the game slip away when we were 10-0 down. Previous years that would have blown out to a 30 point loss. At the end of the day I fell it was the game that slipped away and we are 1 win from 4 to start the season.

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
My take on the Good Friday clash of 2024:
1. Fox looks cooked. We all know what he has produced for NSW and Australia but at the moment he is offering far less than Wilson. There was a time in the first quarter of the game and south’s made a break and the fox honestly couldn’t keep up and that was early in the game.

2. Obviously we got some rough calls from the Ref especially the Tass hold down before halftime. That’s ten in the bin every day of the week BUT let’s be honest we had more than enough chances to ice that game with the amount of ball we had in good positions. We just couldn’t execute the play. Idk if that means Burton or Hutch is the problem.

I think if we had a solid dominant middle forward to help king out and an experienced half we obviously would win a lot more games this year. On a positive I guess you could be kind of proud that we didn’t let the game slip away when we were 10-0 down. Previous years that would have blown out to a 30 point loss. At the end of the day I fell it was the game that slipped away and we are 1 win from 4 to start the season.
I think it is mistaken to say that Dogs needed additional players to win this game. Could have definitely won this game with the chosen 17 if they had some cohesion and purpose in attack. In attack in Souths quarter they looked like they had just met each other on the bus on the way to the game.

Rumdogmillionaire

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hutch was so bad literally had Tolman flashbacks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Hahaha - OMG, I may have just shared your nightmare.
Trundling Tolman trashing another attacking raid near the line with an aimless one out ruck.

Was that your vision???

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it is mistaken to say that Dogs needed additional players to win this game. Could have definitely won this game with the chosen 17 if they had some cohesion and purpose in attack. In attack in Souths quarter they looked like they had just met each other on the bus on the way to the game.
To be honest Hutchinson looks set to do well like when he spots a gap , he’s just to slow. A few times I saw him see opportunities and just to slow to capitalise on them. Is a lot better then who’s been there in the past but it’s time to give sexton his shot.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm one of those ( Berries Bulldogs ) supporters of the 66 to 80s, & loved going to the best game of all ( in the day ) always would finish playing junior league & head off to Belmore to watch what you would actually call real rugby league when there were actual men playing against men hard hits punch ups & whatnot.
The game has now turned into a farce with the bias refereeing & gambling, things really do need to change before rugby league is NO more.
Lawyers have turned the game into a farce. Anything above the chest is now a concern that the NRL will be sued for player brain injuries a decade after they hang up their boots.

Look at the tackles that went on in the 60s, 70s, and 80s. The game would have been halted almost every tackle under today's rules.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
To be honest Hutchinson looks set to do well like when he spots a gap , he’s just to slow. A few times I saw him see opportunities and just to slow to capitalise on them. Is a lot better then who’s been there in the past but it’s time to give sexton his shot.
Or try Taaffe at half. He can read the play, has an accurate pass, and speed to get out into the clear.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mahony and Hutchison are too predictable, and hold the ball for too long.