Official Injury updates

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In terms of bad investments, RFM isn't in the same league as Thompson, She-rex and Pangirl Jr though, I doubt he was ever on too much
Foran.... was actually decent when he played, which was hardly ever..he was one very bad investment... worse part though was when he rejected our one year deal, moves clubs and stays relatively injury free

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Foran.... was actually decent when he played, which was hardly ever..he was one very bad investment... worse part though was when he rejected our one year deal, moves clubs and stays relatively injury free
He was so frustrating, never had a bad game, just didn't play many

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Worst part was his talk about wanting to pay us back for our support of him when injured.
NO respect for him over that.
He was afforded the chance to prove his talk wasn't just that and back himself to earn a more lucrative contract after a season without injury.

EDIT - typo's grammar

Last edited:

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
From Today's SMH:
Josh Addo-Carr felt “instant pain” every time he tried to lift his arm while playing with a suspected broken collarbone for a remarkable 33 minutes on Saturday night.
The Bulldogs winger had scans after his side’s 26-8 loss to Parramatta at CommBank Stadium, with the “Foxx” already preparing for the recovery process.

Play Video

NRL Highlights: Eels v Bulldogs - Round 1

Play video
5:07

Parramatta Eels host the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs in Round 1 of the 2024 NRL Premiership at Commbank Stadium, Parramatta.
Addo-Carr collided with Eels back-rower Bryce Cartwright in the seventh minute, but refused to leave the field until half-time. He even took four carries and made a tackle.
Despite Addo-Carr being in clear pain and favouring his right shoulder, the Eels kicked to his side of the field only a couple of times.

“I couldn’t lift my arm, it was instant pain,” Addo-Carr told this masthead in the sheds, with his arm already in a sling.
“But the boys needed me to play 40 minutes. You’re in the moment, and all I had to do was get through the half.
Josh Addo-Carr has suffered a suspected broken collarbone.

Josh Addo-Carr has suffered a suspected broken collarbone.CREDIT:NINE
“I think it’s a broken collarbone. It’s weird. I felt pain, but it’s sore at the front and the back, and even in my sternum.
“It’s footy. The tackle was shoulder to shoulder. I’ll get the scans, then set another goal to get back as quickly as possible – I’ll come back fit and firing.”

Advertisement

Addo-Carr had his right arm heavily strapped at CommBank Stadium, but said there were no issues with his shoulder.
Josh Addo-Carr on the sideline.

Josh Addo-Carr on the sideline.CREDIT:GETTY
“I actually hyperextended my elbow a few weeks ago, but it had nothing to do with this,” he said.
“I also like to strap my wrists pretty high as well.”
Canterbury captain Stephen Crichton knew straight away his winger was in trouble, but urged him to grit his teeth.

“He’s tough. I actually spoke to him when it first happened, I told him we had no backs on the bench. He looked at me and said, ‘I’ve got you, bra’,” Crichton said.
“That’s how it’s been the whole pre-season. He’s trained through injuries, and it shows what kind of character he is – he’s always putting the team first.
“It shows you the culture we’re building, just that playing through adversity. I didn’t know how bad it was. He was saying he couldn’t breathe, so I knew it was going to be pretty bad.”
Addo-Carr bulked up over the summer and was keen to make an impact at Belmore, especially after he was restricted to just 15 games last year. He was sidelined for six weeks due to a nasty ankle injury and ligament damage in his knee after trapping his foot in the turf during the Good Friday clash against South Sydney.
Coach Cameron Ciraldo also praised Addo-Carr, and said there were several contenders to replace him.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So he broke his collarbone from a shoulder charge and nothing is said about it?

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So he broke his collarbone from a shoulder charge and nothing is said about it?
Even mentioned it was a shoulder to shoulder tackle.
One rule for us, another for everyone else, hey #NRL
Prove me wrong, cowardly discriminatory scum.
We will continue to hate, no, despise you, until your actions prove you deserve our respect.