News 'Minister' Tetevano to preach hard training at Bulldogs

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We showed our hand when we tried to sign Taukeiaho - an experienced front rower for 1 year to add some depth and experience.

Probably cost us around $300k - great $’s for Tetavano before he starts his post football career and less than an average salary for us.
Did it cost the club $300k?

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I mean I don't think its a bad buy getting Tetevano. Remember him when he was playing around 4 or 5 years ago and he seemed pretty tough, ran at the line hard, often broke the line and hit hard in tackles. He looks reasonable big and solid compared to most other players. A bit like a Hargraves or even Pangai. So its only a year contract and I don't think theres much else out there.

The past connection to the Panthers may help and it seems he played a big part in the rise of the Panters in 2020 so there's some pluses. Can't lose much and I think we will be better for having him than not. Just the additional strength and power in the forward rotation will be good.

We don't have any or many agressive type props, maybe Hughes or Kautoga but Tetevano brings that NRL winning experience being a part of the Panthers and Roosters winning sides.

Thats a highlights package of Tetevano making regulation tackles and being put on his back

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I concede that Marley does have a certain level of intelligence and possesses somewhat refined oratory skills, but his incessant need to prosecute a point repeatedly is petulant and puerile. This constant repetition back and forth, thinking he’s delivering a witty one-liner, makes him appear more like an idiot than a Rhodes Scholar.
I don’t disagree with your point but I also note that you are not one of the guys that has never ending back and forth with him trying to prove some ridiculous point.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Marly is one of the smartest posters on here and he can articulate a point better than most, that’s what upsets people. I don’t agree with a lot of his posts lately but I understand his frustration.
100%, people resort to calling him team negative or clown crew or whatever when they don’t have anything else to come back with lol

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Thats a highlights package of Tetevano making regulation tackles and being put on his back
The think I noticed more was his bending the line and attracting defenders. Oh well now that we have Fafita as well I guess it doesn't matter so much. Just use Tetevano for what he can give us this season up to when Fafita gets fit and then he's gone. We probably got him supercheap so its no skin off our backs if he doesn't make it. But then he may just be that added bit of depth that may come in handy when times get tough.

I would class Tetevano maybe a bit better than say Poasa, Patolo, Sutton and maybe Kautoga. Though I think Kautoga did well in the trials.

Last edited:

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
"We called him 'The Minister'," Crichton told AAP.

"We'd do training sessions that were meant to be touch, and he'd start tackling.

"We're trying to practice plays and stuff, and he starts tackling the boys or starts bumping the boys off.

"He'd start telling the boys off, 'If you're going to (just) touch each other, you're only going to touch each other on the field'.

Great - another bloke who will injure our players during training.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the clowns will be clowns
To the point of clowns and trying to relate that word to this article pointing out Tetavano's training standards, please everybody remember this point

HOW CAN YOU PLAY LIKE A CHAPION WHEN YOU TRAIN LIKE A CLOWN!!!

TRAIN LIKE A CLOWN, PLAY LIKE A CLOWN - TRAIN LIKE A CHAMPION, PLAY LIKE A CHAMPION.

This is the first philosophy I have tried to drill in to the minds of my 12 year old boys pathways soccer team that I coach.

This philosophy doesn't change in whatever you do in life - sport, work etc etc.

I like what Gus & Ciro are trying to do with recruits renowned for being good trainers, it's what changes the culture in clubs.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
To the point of clowns and trying to relate that word to this article pointing out Tetavano's training standards, please everybody remember this point

HOW CAN YOU PLAY LIKE A CHAPION WHEN YOU TRAIN LIKE A CLOWN!!!

TRAIN LIKE A CLOWN, PLAY LIKE A CLOWN - TRAIN LIKE A CHAMPION, PLAY LIKE A CHAMPION.

This is the first philosophy I have tried to drill in to the minds of my 12 year old boys pathways soccer team that I coach.

This philosophy doesn't change in whatever you do in life - sport, work etc etc.

I like what Gus & Ciro are trying to do with recruits renowned for being good trainers, it's what changes the culture in clubs.
Roy Keane, legendary Manchester United captain, winner of several various competitions with a massive trophy cabinet. He'd never let the boys slack off in training, everything was 100%, going into challenges was 100%, he'd be barking at them if they slackened off

JaTT

Waterboy
Reaction score
Is the "Minister" a chance of jagging a bench spot ahead of Knight?