Zane tetevano signed for 2024

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I know you’re being somewhat sarcastic but you have a better footy analysis than most on here…surely you can see Salmon wasn’t chosen at 13 to make metres ….clearly Ciro and JT are using him as a link man and at times first receiver in good ball over our halves …he is a solid defender and is very fit so cleans up the middle …I’m not fussed with his metres gains (lack thereof) that’s not his sole purpose, he’s there to help our shape in attack and another playmaking option like when he put Hutch into a hole when Curran ran a good block line
I'm not Hutchinson's biggest fan, but I felt so annoyed for him when no one was supporting him when he made his break.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He played a similar role to Salmon but has played 9 in the past - just sense that unless Mahoney he improves his position in the team will be under pressure - not there yet - BUT he was poor at the end of last season and was poor against the sharkies. I agree need two more genuine fg middles with size and aggression Mann playing dummy half to give Mahoney a rest might help
Mann and Hutchinson were tripping over each other in the second trial! They shouldn't be on the field at the same time IMO! And I'd say they won't be moving forward!

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I know you’re being somewhat sarcastic but you have a better footy analysis than most on here…surely you can see Salmon wasn’t chosen at 13 to make metres ….clearly Ciro and JT are using him as a link man and at times first receiver in good ball over our halves …he is a solid defender and is very fit so cleans up the middle …I’m not fussed with his metres gains (lack thereof) that’s not his sole purpose, he’s there to help our shape in attack and another playmaking option like when he put Hutch into a hole when Curran ran a good block line
The problem is if you don’t pose a running threat the defence can start sitting back and sliding on your pass

Yeo has become a lot more dynamic in the past 3-4 years and is a huge running threat, it’s a massive part of his game and the fact he averages 150m now helped his distribution because teams can’t sit on their heels when they know he can punch out 15m a run with ease.

Our biggest problem atm is not being able to straighten up our attack. It worked against a reserve grade Melb but we will be going sideline to sideline against any competent defence

I don’t think Tetevano fixes any of our problems

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There would be a mass exodus of players if all those convicted of certain offences were removed.

LucasFitzo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The thing is Mann will be giving Mahoney a rest not Hayward because he wont be in the team, you will see him play a lot more 9 than middle when the season starts, which will be good for us. I think aswell as we play Sharks in the second round both teams wouldnt of wanted to show alot of set plays and attacking patterns ahead of the real thing.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We all know we are short on props and know how the salary cap works...
We also know the rules are 95-97.5% of the salary must be spent every year,
Experienced big props unfortunately aren't available,
We have heaps of space in the cap needs filling,
I can't understand why the rejection from some people to the signing ( if fit ) the likes of Tetevano & Taukeiaho on short term contracts until better options becomes available.
You never know T & T could be explosive for us :laughing:

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We all know we are short on props and know how the salary cap works...
We also know the rules are 95-97.5% of the salary must be spent every year,
Experienced big props unfortunately aren't available,
We have heaps of space in the cap needs filling,
I can't understand why the rejection from some people to the signing ( if fit ) the likes of Tetevano & Taukeiaho on short term contracts until better options becomes available.
You never know T & T could be explosive for us :laughing:
Aside from the off field matters - your point about short term contracts is key - needs something for this year

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Sure, let's not worry about metres. We got fucking Taaffe (lol) at fullback and Fox on the wing. Got a non existent middle forward rotation that King will likely have to carry again. But hey, let's play a glorified catch and pass merchant at lock that carries very little running threat.

If what we've seen is a reflection on how we're going to play our football this season then I really can't be fucked. Every decision we make seems to be about accommodating Burton and trying to make things as easy as possible for him.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Sure, let's not worry about metres. We got fucking Taaffe (lol) at fullback and Fox on the wing. Got a non existent middle forward rotation that King will likely have to carry again. But hey, let's play a glorified catch and pass merchant at lock that carries very little running threat.

If what we've seen is a reflection on how we're going to play our football this season then I really can't be fucked. Every decision we make seems to be about accommodating Burton and trying to make things as easy as possible for him.
Great, now you can’t be fucked can you fuck off and go cheer average fellow on the bench with the fins!

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
If this is real will Zane line up for cup on the weekend?

Dogs4EVA-1

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This is a joke.. as i have said numerous times (and shown it trial 2) we have NO front-rowers that will dent an opposition D Line.. Tetevano.. please... i previously listed the numerous middles/front rowers at other clubs that we should be going after.. why didn't we offer Mikale a Train & Trial like the cowboys did? as shown in both their trials they have a surplus of big middles...
our recruitment is becoming a farce in regards to front rowers.. and also I agree with Brandy, Throw Joash Papalii in at FB for round 1.. Taffe is NOT the answer.. at least try the young fella then when he needs a rest Conner Tracey plays FB..

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
.. and also I agree with Brandy, Throw Joash Papalii in at FB for round 1.. Taffe is NOT the answer.. at least try the young fella then when he needs a rest Conner Tracey plays FB..
Too early for Joash imo maybe do it the other way around later in the season.