Official Ciraldo announces Crichton as new Club Captain, Expresses gratitude to Mahoney and Burton

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Congratulations Captain Critta !
I've always said we needed a leader, I hope you are the answer.
Please Captain allow this little correction :laughing:
You said
“I can’t wait to go out there and play for them [the Bulldogs] and for my family.”
Should've said
"I can't wait to go out and play for my team the Bulldogs and for my family."
Welcome to the Bulldogs Captain :tearsofjoy:

BulldogsNation

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Man some of you guys dribble all day. Just stop.

This is a great appointment. Blokes young but has achieved it all. He rises in big moments and openly says he wants to be the one to make the big plays whether it backfires or not. He's a great talker. He backs the coach and has known him a long time. Something too many of our plodders did not do last year.

Who else would you honestly make captain? Why is it a "poor decision"?

Congrats Critta and I could not think of ANYONE better to build a team around. Let's go!

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1000013547.gif

*Only really re first year again! But hes defo a better talker and then Burton the mute/flat earth idiot. hope it works for us*

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thank fuck Burton and Mahoney arent captains anymore.
One can't talk or organise and the other doesn't need the pressure trying to cover for weak middle third, as it caused him to go for hero plays and make errors.

Crichton being captain is a massive positive for the club. Makes me wonder if Ciro will now pick him at FB eventually.
100% on this bro. We took the punt on making Mahoney & Burton captain.We thought this would elevate and bring them to the next level. Unfortunately it didn’t.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

This is a great appointment. Blokes young but has achieved it all. He rises in big moments and openly says he wants to be the one to make the big plays whether it backfires or not. He's a great talker. He backs the coach and has known him a long time. Something too many of our plodders did not do last year.

Congrats Critta and I could not think of ANYONE better to build a team around. Let's go!
I agree. It's probably not the ideal time for him to step into the role but we don't exactly have any other alternative.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

I think people are scared of destroying the best player in our team if for the small chance it does affect him

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I like 1 captain instead of 3. You should hear it from 1 person. Not saying no one else should talk but if RMF is leading by poor example, Burton is quiet and Mahoney is missing tackles it sets a bad example.

Having 3 captains another another 5-6 in the leadership group is such a west tigers play.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sweet with this.
sure, Burto and Reed may be disappointed, but they can’t deny that neither of them played to their potential last season.
Critta will lead by example and has a history of delivering under pressure. Plus, all going well, he could be the captain for 10 years.
Good move IMO.

Ewan McGrady

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A surprise but I don’t mind it. My concern is in his quote where he starts talking about great bulldogs and SBW is first name out of his mouth…..

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
So a guy who hasn't even played a game for us is captain. I suppose there really wasn't anyone else, Burton barely talks on field and mahoney seems overwhelmed with the role
That's about the size of it. Critta last suitable possibility left standing to help CC implement his coaching principles. Have reservations and wow appointed before even playing for us...but times have changed and a new standard needs to be set. Critta the only obvious choice. He seems to want the extra responsibilities and wants his new club to succeed. Gotta support this move.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cement waited 40 years and that bloke gets it a year after retirement. Proper con artist
He’s obviously done a lot for the club. Not sure how you can throw him in with Lewis.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree although I wouldn't say Mahoney had a terrible year, just wasn't as attacking as he was for Parra. It would help if his second rowers and locks weren't missing a million tackles so he's flat out exhausted. Considering all thought he was good without being excellent.
Yep fair point mate.

I just think that he has such a high ceiling. Tries his ass off and has great skills.

By terrible I am referring to what he produced to what he is capable of.

The 4th tackle grubbers and miracle plays let him down massively

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
I can't say I'm upset about the decision. Kiraz I'm not sure has it in him to be a captain yet and JAC can barely string 2 sentences together without going full gAngSTa bRuh!

I was afraid we were turning into the new Tigers tbh.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is great news, instantly puts Burton and Mahoney on notice, Neither played well enough in that first trial and it’s a lot easier to drop a player that’s not captain. Looks like CC has the gloves off, I like it.
I really think that CC knows the importance to have our former captains perform at a high level this season and moving forward.
We can’t afford to cut any players slack in particular those two,its going to be a massive problem if they don’t live up to expectations.
Anyway let’s hope there’s no backward steps by anyone.

Last edited: