News Canterbury Bulldogs chairman John Khoury set to step down

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's a shame to see Khoury go but as long as there is relative stability in the other areas of the club, then the next Chairman shouldn't make too much of a difference so long as they don't have delusions of grandeur like Dib did in terms of ego and grandstanding..

J_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It's a shame to see Khoury go but as long as there is relative stability in the other areas of the club, then the next Chairman shouldn't make too much of a difference so long as they don't have delusions of grandeur like Dib did in terms of ego and grandstanding..
I read he's not going anywhere , he will still be on both boards , isn't he just stepping aside for a more experienced ceo

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Was it ever the money Politis threw around or more his influence in the ARL
Both. He brought the City Ford (which he owned) sponsorship to the Chooks jerseys mid-70’s (one of the first clubs to have a regular jersey sponsor). As his money brought benefits so his influence increased.

Reecek89

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Billionaires galore. No wonder Gus went to Hawaii! Unlike Laundy the chairman can be used as third party like Politis is.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bit surprised about this. I thought to a large extent Khoury had bought in plenty of big sponsorship deals etc while we were playing very poorly. Seemed like he was doing his job well.

I only know what I just googled about Druissi. Hope he's not using the club as a stepping stone like many in recent history have. It seems like we're in the best position we've been in for a long time. I'm not sure why they're making this change.

I'm glad Khoury will remain on the board. But you'd think he'd be a target for other clubs looking to improve their front office.