Upcoming Australian election thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nuclear power would be extremely viable, except for one problem, it is run by humans. If you have Netflix check the "Meltdown - Three Mile Island" series (4 eps).
Yep, nuclear can be challenging if you rely on humans. The new plants are designed to not rely on humans. The early version was the one used at Fukushima where everything that could possibly go wrong went wrong. About 5 redundancy systems failed but the plant still managed to shut down without harming anyone. Oddly enough though, it was human error that lead to people being harmed (rushed evacuation)

The newer versions are great. If every redundancy fails the final redundancy is that they basically bury themselves.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
We don't actually "destroy CO2". We reduce the amount we put into the atmosphere. CO2 is great for plants to a certain point. The raising CO2 in the atmosphere means that the plants aren't absorbing it fast enough, and it also has an unfortunate feedback look effect. Plants can't survive in a climate that's too hot. So less plants means less CO2 absorbed, which means even more CO2 in the atmosphere. Plants also don't fully hold on to CO2. They absorb a lot, then when they die they release some. If they are burned then they release a lot more.

Then there's also the fact that 70% of the oxygen is produced by plant and other life in the oceans. With ocean acification from the CO2 increase, that life in the ocean is dropping as well which makes it harder to absorb CO2 and harder to produce oxygen.

Simple question, complex answer.

That's a bit mixed. We primarily act on behalf of the climatologists and other earth scientists. There are still some scientists who say that anthropogenic climate change is a myth, but there's very few of them and they are almost all employed or funded by fossil fuel companies.

The most recent and most comprehensive analysis on the scientific consensus on climate change has nearly 100% climatologists agree that humans are having a very large impact.

There has actually been a huge change and it's accelerating very fast

Definitely good to focus on. Look at any scientist that disagrees on anthropogenic climate change, then look who funds them.
lol, do you ever stop with your bullshit? lol you left, woke fool.

The earth goes through cycles and when you look at the data from many thousands of years ago and not the convenient timeframe of 10,000 years you will see that the earth is cooling.

We are headed for an ice age and no amount of fuckin money or dribble by you will stop that.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Rule #1 of modern society. The moment someone says left or right relating to a political decision or view point, they have a head up their own arse issue.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

The earth goes through cycles and when you look at the data from many thousands of years ago and not the convenient timeframe of 10,000 years you will see that the earth is cooling.

We are headed for an ice age and no amount of fuckin money or dribble by you will stop that.
Good to have you back Lickadoggie. I missed your ability to regurgitate Sky News propaganda.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t watch tv and i sure as fuck don’t listen to the radio.

I see you’re still at it on the BS agenda lol.
Why are you always so afraid of science?

It's not that evil. It can't hurt you.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Do you honestly believe that those boats turned up right on election day because they thought Labor was going to win the election

I mean ffs, it's such bullshit from dutton, everyone saw through it just like the bullshit Chinese "spy ship" that was docked in an Australian port and around our coast for a whole week before dutton announced it

Labor better fuck bring in a Federal ICAC to expose this shit
I'm in Perth atm. Every single person we've talked to is so dismissive of ScoMo and Dutton as well for that matter and saw thru the Chinese warship bs Dutton came up with off their coast.

The hatred and disdain is palpable over here against the ex PM and Dutton as liars and corrupt selfish ba$tards.

As for the Sri Lankan refugee ships, it is now coming out that the ABF were directed by PMO to release the press statement prior to the election.

"Libs sent text messages to Australians in marginal seats that read: "BREAKING: Australian Border Force has intercepted an illegal boat trying to reach Australia. Keep our borders secure by voting Liberal today."

Liberal party text
The text sent by the Liberal Party to voters on election day.(ABC News: Supplied)"

"Investigation into text messages that 'made country less safe'
Questions have been raised about the ABF's decision to release details about the boat on election day, which were then used by the Liberal Party for political purposes.

Mr Marles said it was unacceptable.

"The circumstances in which a media release was put out by the former government on election day, it was a disgrace, this should never have been in the public domain," he told Sky News.

"The texts that were sent out by the Liberal party in that moment made our country less safe, made our borders less secure."
The government has now asked Department of Home Affairs secretary Michael Pezzullo to report on the circumstances surrounding the decision to issue the media release on election day.

"It was not routine, these are matters which should not have ended up in the public domain," Mr Marles said.

"What's really clear is the former Liberal government was far more interested in its own political interests than the national interest," he said. "

Last edited:

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I got that message. Came through very lat on voting day, made no sense. With pre polling and everyone else voting before 3pm on Election Day, I was somewhat confused.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It's always been a real puzzle why those complaining about memes and others opinions in a politics thread....even bother to open up the thread ....it's not like Mods or Kennelers are forcing them to participate or even read others posts. Weird.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Documentary? Any good mate?
Pretty well done, slowish pace but a good mix of perspectives and covers a lot of ground. A lot of people are featured, but the main debate is between two people, the regulator and the whistleblower, although this isn't clear until the 3rd episode. I found it thought provoking and moving. It had a reasonable amount of nuance.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

Hi Terry
Where’s my 48 Monopoly sets? :-).

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I’ve really enjoyed having discussions here with you blokes without being subjected to a million boring and one-sided links. It looks like the funs over. I look forward to the next update on the opinions of brainwashed and isolated Mark McGowan supporters in the hermit kingdom. The Fren family on Travel Guides Australia have been joined by their grandmother

Status
Not open for further replies.