Official Trent Barrett’s future consolidated thread

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yeah Flange would be another major mistake in my opinion and I don’t know if I can do another one lol
If flamingo jnr wasn't at our club is risk it.

Even if he wanted to boot his son he couldn't of the faux outrage.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I’d honestly have to take a step back in some degree if they go down that path.
Yeah I would be in the same boat, I am hanging my hopes on the fact that Gus knows Kyle isn’t our halfback going forward and that would make flange snr as coach an untenable proposition.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You're right about St.Helens. But what he's done with Tonga makes me think he's legit. To beat Australia, NZ and England is unheard of and can't be understated. Tonga used to get belted by 30 in those matches. Now they're a powerhouse. He'd be my preferred choice.

Everyone talks down the Super League but Robinson came from there, as did MaGuire. Whoever we sign will be a risk and have question marks.
That's why I want Tangles as caretaker. No ego, help the pups and gives time to find the best candidate for 2023.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah I would be in the same boat, I am hanging my hopes on the fact that Gus knows Kyle isn’t our halfback going forward and that would make flange snr as coach an untenable proposition.
We would just be swapping one coach too stubborn to change with another one. With Tbaz it’s his Panther attacking structures and with Flanagan it’s his son as halfback. It’s something I really hope we don’t have to worry about.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nah man, Brad Arthur dropped his own son, what makes you think Shane wouldn't do the same.
Its his amd his sons reputation.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
He has to be the interim coach. This season is done. A bunch of the cup boys will be put into FG. Makes total sense.

Furner and Ferris should be axed on the spot like Baz.
100% Baz and his bunch of dickheads all have to go. You remove the whole tumour, not just part of it.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry boys and girls, Baz won’t be getting sacked tomorrow
Meeting was always scheduled to review Barrett’s performance after R10. The conundrum for the Club is not only the dismal performances against the Raiders & Knights, but he has lost not only the respect of the playing group but more alarming is he has fallen out with his hand picked coaching staff! He was to be given til the end of season but given the current circumstances not sure how Barrett’s role remains tenable.

Last edited:

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We're going to sign Drinkwater as player/coach, fuck wasting away in QLD.
Nothing wastes away in Queensland look at Reynolds playing the best footy of his career and Alfy has been tuning the little cahunt about the chip and chase :tongueclosed: :tongueclosed:

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We would just be swapping one coach too stubborn to change with another one. With Tbaz it’s his Panther attacking structures and with Flanagan it’s his son as halfback. It’s something I really hope we don’t have to worry about.
yeah I hope not.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe barrett called it to apologise to the board, confirm he's a fraud and announce his retirement from coaching effective immediately?

Hopefully Christmas comes early!

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go easy in the hate I reckon. We lost a few games against decent teams by a bee's dick.
Fuckers on the field dropping the ball should be sacked.
I am with PoundHounds on this one... you are showng so much hate toward Barrett but he isn't the only one in the firing line. The team has not put in a full 80 minutes the entire season that is on Ferris for his sh!t training regime and the players for not letting Barrett know that they are underdone. Those coming from other systems must have known they were not being trained as hard as other conditioners but were happy to have a bludge. And speaking of bludgers there are a few players that are not up to standard but are not making any attempt to improve. Yes the same individuals each week. The entire Club knew of our lack of fitness and yet ignored the issue or is this meeting the beginning.